Oil

shimz

vapest
Yes, that's really it, super simple. I remember the days of high dollar homogenizers and super expensive terps. Ah, science.

DIY pen? Or pen for diy extractions? For straight up wax kandypen prism is the go-to. For vape oil just about any ceramic coil no wick cart will work great.

Drewsnutz

Once again I cant tell if this is a sarcastic thread/question or someone truly asking for insight. I like this forum but everyone seems to have an inside joke I dont get. Ive been looking into those Low Temp presses and putting the rosin into the carts somehow. Ive seen some dab magic shit (I think thats what its called) that makes your rosin ready for carts but im sure its just vape oil/glycerin shit that makes your rosin thin enough to vape. Recently ive been seeing this Source Turbo from ExtractCraft blowing up my IG so ive been looking into that but it just seems like an advanced ethanol extractor. My local store sells them and I was talking to the guy that works there, I lost him half way into the convo. once he started talking winterizing and other phrases I wasnt getting but he said if you keep the end of the process a little liquidy then it will be ready for carts. But dont like that idea of leaving some ethanol in the product your making to make it more liquid form, if that make sense.

Paddletail

Once again I cant tell if this is a sarcastic thread/question or someone truly asking for insight. I like this forum but everyone seems to have an inside joke I dont get. Ive been looking into those Low Temp presses and putting the rosin into the carts somehow. Ive seen some dab magic shit (I think thats what its called) that makes your rosin ready for carts but im sure its just vape oil/glycerin shit that makes your rosin thin enough to vape. Recently ive been seeing this Source Turbo from ExtractCraft blowing up my IG so ive been looking into that but it just seems like an advanced ethanol extractor. My local store sells them and I was talking to the guy that works there, I lost him half way into the convo. once he started talking winterizing and other phrases I wasnt getting but he said if you keep the end of the process a little liquidy then it will be ready for carts. But dont like that idea of leaving some ethanol in the product your making to make it more liquid form, if that make sense.
Ordered my Source Turbo Monday and it got here yesterday. I am so sick of paying for bottles of ethanol 2 at a time. First run was nice and I've already got a batch halfway done this morning. If you are going to get one, hop on it now and do it through Extractcraft as they are having a 4/20 sale 20% ($120) off with code: HAPPY420

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
I'm biased to liquidizers that only have PG in them. Peg 200,300,400 takes like blahh...disgusting.

WebstersBallSack

European Bean Flicker
Ordered my Source Turbo Monday and it got here yesterday. I am so sick of paying for bottles of ethanol 2 at a time. First run was nice and I've already got a batch halfway done this morning. If you are going to get one, hop on it now and do it through Extractcraft as they are having a 4/20 sale 20% ($120) off with code: HAPPY420
Had mine a month or two now, slowly getting through the pounds of old trim I had stashed away.
I had to buy a voltage stepper to run it though, not supposed to run on 230v apparently.

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
Whats the difference. They are all propyl glycol right?
My fault that should've read VG not PG. But no No PEG and PG are not the same. However they are chemically similar.Here is a snippet from a quick google search.

There are three possible base carrier liquids in use for e-liquid (the refill liquid used in electronic cigarettes): PG, VG, and PEG. ProSmoke only uses VG as the base of its cartridge solution and believes this to be the best for our customers for numerous reasons. The first and most important is that it is a vegetable based liquid. The following is the most current information available from studies and information available to customers and companies alike on the web.
1. PG or propylene glycol or propane-1,2, diol · The most common solution
used in electronic cigarettes. · It is virtually inert in the body and can even be injected into the bloodstream without effect (and it is: it is the carrier liquid for drugs like diazepam that don't mix with water). · It is a powerful bactericide and virucide and has been used in hospital air spray projects. · Has a robust throat hit and can dry out your throat. · Users have been known to have allergic reactions and adverse effects due to usage. · Is used in antifreeze, makeup, and winterizing compounds. · Is used successfully in our industry and is approved for usage in our products for consumption.

ProSmoke and our customers prefer a VG base. 2. VG or vegetable glycerin or glycerol or propane-1,2,3, triol – a vegetable base liquid – What ProSmoke uses With millions of products on the market, providing the best product for our customers is our number one concern. · It is more viscous (thick) than PG. · Produces the most vapor of any other liquid, including PG and PEG. · It produces less TH. · Can be produced in certified facilities making production much more reliable and safe. · Not known to cause allergic reactions or cause irritation as frequently as PG.
3. PEG or polyethylene glycol · The least commonly used solution for e-cigarettes · It can be made in many different formulations, the one used for e-liquid is called PEG400. · This formulation appears to be chosen as it has the right viscosity, as it can be thinner, thicker, or in the form of a wax. · As far as we know there is little research on toxicity since it is used in foods and medicines. · Chemically similar to PG and can cause allergic reactions.

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
Ej mix,the first liquidizer I ever tried few years ago,worked as instructed to thin out my oil,but had an aftertaste I didn't care for.I've tried a few other brands before settling on my current one.
The liquidizer I use now is VG based with "a natural emulsifier" added.Much much better,no aftertaste,not thunner liquids covering up the taste of my oil.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
Ej mix,the first liquidizer I ever tried few years ago,worked as instructed to thin out my oil,but had an aftertaste I didn't care for.I've tried a few other brands before settling on my current one.
The liquidizer I use now is VG based with "a natural emulsifier" added.Much much better,no aftertaste,not thunner liquids covering up the taste of my oil.
Where do I get that?

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
The liquidizer I use now is PG based with "a natural emulsifier" added.Much much better,no aftertaste,not thinner liquids covering up the taste of my oil.
I don't know why my autocorrect hates me so much. Just a little clarity.My preferred store bought liquidizer is PG based with a natural emulsifier. Extract Solutions Ready Mix is the brand. My own homemade thinner is VG based.
Wax Liquidizer is another. popular one. I've tried carts with that used(I didn't make them) and they were better that th ej mix.I wanted to try the Ready Mix because a buddy had the wax liquidizer already.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
My fault that should've read VG not PG. But no No PEG and PG are not the same. However they are chemically similar.Here is a snippet from a quick google search.

There are three possible base carrier liquids in use for e-liquid (the refill liquid used in electronic cigarettes): PG, VG, and PEG. ProSmoke only uses VG as the base of its cartridge solution and believes this to be the best for our customers for numerous reasons. The first and most important is that it is a vegetable based liquid. The following is the most current information available from studies and information available to customers and companies alike on the web.
1. PG or propylene glycol or propane-1,2, diol · The most common solution
used in electronic cigarettes. · It is virtually inert in the body and can even be injected into the bloodstream without effect (and it is: it is the carrier liquid for drugs like diazepam that don't mix with water). · It is a powerful bactericide and virucide and has been used in hospital air spray projects. · Has a robust throat hit and can dry out your throat. · Users have been known to have allergic reactions and adverse effects due to usage. · Is used in antifreeze, makeup, and winterizing compounds. · Is used successfully in our industry and is approved for usage in our products for consumption.

ProSmoke and our customers prefer a VG base. 2. VG or vegetable glycerin or glycerol or propane-1,2,3, triol – a vegetable base liquid – What ProSmoke uses With millions of products on the market, providing the best product for our customers is our number one concern. · It is more viscous (thick) than PG. · Produces the most vapor of any other liquid, including PG and PEG. · It produces less TH. · Can be produced in certified facilities making production much more reliable and safe. · Not known to cause allergic reactions or cause irritation as frequently as PG.
3. PEG or polyethylene glycol · The least commonly used solution for e-cigarettes · It can be made in many different formulations, the one used for e-liquid is called PEG400. · This formulation appears to be chosen as it has the right viscosity, as it can be thinner, thicker, or in the form of a wax. · As far as we know there is little research on toxicity since it is used in foods and medicines. · Chemically similar to PG and can cause allergic reactions.
I purchased the Extract Solutions product which i believe is VG based. We are the test subjects on these products. There is no over site of these products they can put whatever they want in there and do not have to disclose ingredients. Most do say but some don't and those are the ones that has a product that is probably ready available on the market for a much cheaper price. There is a ton of rely good info on this subject at RIU ( Home made oil for my vape pen) . Long read but packed with good info on these products

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
I don't know why my autocorrect hates me so much. Just a little clarity.My preferred store bought liquidizer is PG based with a natural emulsifier. Extract Solutions Ready Mix is the brand. My own homemade thinner is VG based.
Wax Liquidizer is another. popular one. I've tried carts with that used(I didn't make them) and they were better that th ej mix.I wanted to try the Ready Mix because a buddy had the wax liquidizer already.
Extract Solutions say they are PG,PEG free. on the container

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
You are missing nothing. Once i figured that out the carts are on the back burner. Mainly because of the chemicals involved. I do not think there has been many if at all testing those after applying a good amount of heat then ingesting these chemicals.In my opinion the government saying these chemicals are safe ya right.LOL