Ohio Rec Law

D

Deleted member 2835

The buds/concentrates are the same strength/strains overall.....though the Menu/selection could be different. It's the edibles/patches/etc that are far stronger on the Med side than on the Rec side. You can also buy 2 ounces/more hash on the med side....and tax is 3% vs. 20% ish on the Rec side...depending on the town yer in.

If yer into butainted fare...you can get shit pretty damn cheap on the Rec side...even up here in the hills where everything is more expensive. Quick peek: Live Resin/shatter/wax...18-35 a g. Flower....60 an 1/8th. Weed isn't the big seller here, obviously. That's what all of the growers missed in all of this. Everyone has flower....but it's illegal to make any >solvent-based< concentrates....and why would you @ $18 per gram? (bubble hash/kief is fully legal to make at home)
We had a huge rash of rentals and moterl rooms being blown up here at the onset of it all...then they made it a Felony to make any BHO/wax/shatter/etc...and you get arson charges as well when it blows up. Fun..fun...fun...
That's still double the price of Michigan's extracts.

D

Deleted member 60

This is 120 miles from Denver/the Front Range. Down there...competition is far steeper and deals are everywhere. $99 ounces and shit...

Shows where it's going. The more States that join in...the more glut there will be. CO has done well because a lot of folks come here to vacation and buy weed when they do. Supply/demand always wins out though. Every state that has legal pot has more pot than they can use/etc. It's nutz.

D

Deleted member 2835

This is 120 miles from Denver/the Front Range. Down there...competition is far steeper and deals are everywhere. $99 ounces and shit...

Shows where it's going. The more States that join in...the more glut there will be. CO has done well because a lot of folks come here to vacation and buy weed when they do. Supply/demand always wins out though. Every state that has legal pot has more pot than they can use/etc. It's nutz.
I guess Oklahoma is really bad lbs going for 3-400

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I guess Oklahoma is really bad lbs going for 3-400
The "industry" has always been fucked because people get into it expecting to get ILLEGAL prices for LEGAL weed. It is now produce, without the threat of jail-time, with gubmint inspectors and regulations and fees.

You don't get to sell that kind of weed for $4K a pack. It's now tomatoes. And because there are so many legal states, the price in the prohibition states tanked too.

There is zero being spent on enforcement. Any weed charge is gonna be an add-on to some other call-out like a domestic disturbance ("Oh look, tents"), or the pissed off ex girlfriend calling it in. Or some dumb-ass slingin' 8ths at the middle school.

It was never meant to be a gold mine, its a plant. You can thank Harry J. Anslinger that it ever made so many people rich. That was the flip side of so many people getting hammered.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Pretty sure the statute stated that state law supercedes county or local laws so while your county can bitch about it there's nothing they can do to stop it.
There's not that many stoners around here.
People's lives are different in some areas of the country.
A lot of people around here don't want it.
I'm not sure how the Amish community feels about the issue. lol
I'm gonna see if I can find out.

D

Deleted member 2835

Or how good could it get. I prefer to be an optimist in most things. I still have my apprehensions about the new law but I think it will work out fine for most people.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
There's not that many stoners around here.
People's lives are different in some areas of the country.
A lot of people around here don't want it.
I'm not sure how the Amish community feels about the issue. lol
I'm gonna see if I can find out.
I'm thinking that any kind of natural medicine as potent as cannabis, that can be grown at home and doesn't require evil technology would be an Ahmish wonder plant. I also see them using it as traditional medicine though and not recreation for the most part. Tinctures over bong-rips for example ;)

D

Deleted member 2835

I'm thinking that any kind of natural medicine as potent as cannabis, that can be grown at home and doesn't require evil technology would be an Ahmish wonder plant. I also see them using it as traditional medicine though and not recreation for the most part. Tinctures over bong-rips for example ;)
The Amish party don't get it twisted lol.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The Amish party don't get it twisted lol.
I just mean that it's probably more prevalent in their society as a normal everyday thing, not something they make a big deal about in their culture. Like how often do we make a big deal about aspirin or whatever.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
But I also know they start partying around age 14, and that is also acceptable in their culture. Or at least they get to try it and see if it's their thing.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Or how good could it get. I prefer to be an optimist in most things. I still have my apprehensions about the new law but I think it will work out fine for most people.
The way I see it, local citizen would rather us grow and provide trade amongst ourselves in our own county, as to have our money leaving, and ending up in some dispensary in Columbus.
All this could have worked, but now, the greed has set in, when new growers have hands on access to the plants (Dec 7th) Illicit sales will increase, after people realize that local "craft grown" is as good or better than what they'll be driving 2 hrs of wasted time, gas, wear and tear on their vehicles before they spend the first dollar on legal cannabis wrapped in a 20.00 gift bag of "weed". But that's a year off.
This is just fucking crazy how everything has turned out over the last 50 years. lol
Went from getting high to calling it medicine, now back to "getting high" again. Everything repeats itself.

Plus,
If you lie about "drugs" on your firearms purchase application about weed and you get pulled over,
they have your ID on record, for law enforcement to verify,
at the dispensary, which likely, will cause you trouble.
The trap is being set.

And they're gearing up at "addiction clinics" for a big influx of patients after legalization.
They must be real close to developing an accurate drug test for companies and law enforcement,
if so, here comes the DUI's and there goes your jobs.
Are they after your guns if you use cannabis?
They were hinting this stuff about a month ago.
This could all play out by this time next year.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The way I see it, local citizen would rather us grow and provide trade amongst ourselves in our own county, as to have our money leaving, and ending up in some dispensary in Columbus.
All this could have worked, but now, the greed has set in, when new growers have hands on access to the plants (Dec 7th) Illicit sales will increase, after people realize that local "craft grown" is as good or better than what they'll be driving 2 hrs of wasted time, gas, wear and tear on their vehicles before they spend the first dollar on legal cannabis wrapped in a 20.00 gift bag of "weed". But that's a year off.
This is just fucking crazy how everything has turned out over the last 50 years. lol
Went from getting high to calling it medicine, now back to "getting high" again. Everything repeats itself.

Plus,
If you lie about "drugs" on your firearms purchase application about weed and you get pulled over,
they have your ID on record, for law enforcement to verify,
at the dispensary, which likely, will cause you trouble.
The trap is being set.

And they're gearing up at "addiction clinics" for a big influx of patients after legalization.
They must be real close to developing an accurate drug test for companies and law enforcement,
if so, here comes the DUI's and there goes your jobs.
Are they after your guns if you use cannabis?
They were hinting this stuff about a month ago.
This could all play out by this time next year.
That's just Ohio. Federally they are trying to make it mandatory to have a kill-switch installed in all new automobiles.
Sorry, we think you are a danger - you can't drive any more - *click*

D

Deleted member 2835

That's just Ohio. Federally they are trying to make it mandatory to have a kill-switch installed in all new automobiles.
Sorry, we think you are a danger - you can't drive any more - *click*
They're supposed to be putting in breathalyzer (alcohol) or something similar in all new cars here in a couple of years.