Ohio Rec Law

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Ohio Marijuana Cultivation License | OhioStateCannabis.org

There is only 2 levels of cultivation license?
What about the "craft farmer" or "breeders"?

If any of you has the new information on cultivation guidelines.
please post it here.
Now, to the big issue,
Ohio can "pop" 6 seed for personal use, starting Dec 7th.

What the hell to plant for this historical event?
I wished I had 6 different fems from 6 of best plants out there.
I know a couple will be from my Heisen stash.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails

please post it here.
Now, to the big issue,

Cool - they are gonna let you pop seeds in December! LOL Sure with I was a light-and-tent-seller living in a van down by lake Erie right now LOL

FYI, that just means that you can grow 6 in your front yard.

D

Deleted member 2835

please post it here.
Now, to the big issue,

That's going to be outdated info real quick it makes no mention of recreational cannabis at all.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
👆
But Ohio does shit like that. If you live there, invest in a company that makes those orange highway cones. That's about the only profitable business - or the machinery the people lean on that are supposed to be repaving highways 😂

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
How many companies are already in Ohio?
I see Ethos has a farm in Meigs County.
Of all places in Ohio, they picked that particular area to set up shop? :sneaky:
Then there are the free seeds, and all they wanted was an Ohio address.
I guess I've lived under prohibition for so long, I have to question everything.
The future for Ohio cannabis cultivators and breeders doesn't look good.
You either go big or you don't participate.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
👆
But Ohio does shit like that. If you live there, invest in a company that makes those orange highway cones. That's about the only profitable business - or the machinery the people lean on that are supposed to be repaving highways 😂
That's funny, but true.
They need to quit making the damn things.
They're virtually indestructible.

D

Deleted member 60

"You either go big or you don't participate" says it all. They aren't setting up shop for the little guy to play. Can you imagine the mess. I mean...look at what happens just trying to sell seeds here/find folks who aren't scamming, lying, kiniving POS.

Colorado divvies it up like this:

Ten percent of the revenue from the 15 percent tax on marijuana retail sales is allocated to local governments and apportioned according to the percentage of marijuana retail sales occurring within city and county boundaries. The remaining 90 percent is allocated as follows:

• 71.85% to the Marijuana Tax Cash Fund;
  • 15.56% to the General Fund; and
  • 12.59% to the State Public School Fund.
Revenue in the Marijuana Tax Cash Fund is required to be used for health care, health education, substance abuse prevention and treatment programs, and law enforcement.

It'll be a great/easy transition for home grower looking to do some personal...and it'll be a game ender for those who have been rolin' hard and paying no taxes. They want the TAX money...and they know they won't get it from individuals cus nobody is fuckin honest anymore////LOL.

And it's gettin worse.... uuuhummmm.

Like I said...as long as you never believe it's all about YOU...you will be fine. Takes awhile to swallow the lump in yer throat cus you know it's over...but it was good while it lasted and there isn;t a single one of em that can profit as we did when we were rockin the roll. LOL. Now they work for pennies.

I fuckin love it. Try again tomorrow...

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
"You either go big or you don't participate" says it all. They aren't setting up shop for the little guy to play. Can you imagine the mess. I mean...look at what happens just trying to sell seeds here/find folks who aren't scamming, lying, kiniving POS.

Ten percent of the revenue from the 15 percent tax on marijuana retail sales is allocated to local governments and apportioned according to the percentage of marijuana retail sales occurring within city and county boundaries. The remaining 90 percent is allocated as follows:

Revenue in the Marijuana Tax Cash Fund is required to be used for health care, health education, substance abuse prevention and treatment programs, and law enforcement.

It'll be a great/easy transition for home grower looking to do some personal...and it'll be a game ender for those who have been rolin' hard and paying no taxes. They want the TAX money...and they know they won't get it from individuals cus nobody is fuckin honest anymore////LOL.

Like I said...as long as you never believe it's all about YOU...you will be fine. Takes awhile to swallow the lump in yer throat cus you know it's over...but it was good while it lasted and there isn;t a single one of em that can profit as we did when we were rockin the roll. LOL. Now they work for pennies.

It was nice when it was 4 grand a lb.
You can't hardly give the stuff away around here.
It's difficult to work with weed in your system.
They are giving the companies the choice. It only passed in the cities or very near them. Look at the Ohio Counties voting results map.
I think there are 37 cannabis companies set up and operating.
I know there will not be a dispensary in my county. People aren't gonna drive for it. They can't afford the gas to get there. And 45-65.00 an 1/8 is bullshit .
Old Gov Dewine was making more off of it being illegal.
They will be going after the school kids next.
Talkin about reversing this vote.
Ohio is doomed because of "greed'".
States should let the people grow and support themselves.
It was fun and interesting when it was illegal.
I kinda don't give a shit now what happens in Ohio.
Companies like Ethos moved in 2 or3 years ago and they have control.
No R & D jobs, consulting or anything like that, especially down in the southern part of Ohio.

D

Deleted member 60

Sounds a lot like CO...or the other way around....except...the voters here enshrined every bit of it in our State's Constitution. The law can be tweeked..and has been..without a vote...cus it's "drugs"....LOL..but it can't be repealed/etc. without a 2/3 maj of the voters...and it just isn't happening here. They make too much on the taxes and there are a lot of jobs surrounding it all. We're 9 years into rec and 23 into Med here. It's a process, for sure...both on a personal level and a State level. It'll be a novelty for many....for sure.... to buy it legally. Then they see how easy it is...and ooops...even at a higher price unless ya got Spaghetti sauce, some shatter, pre-rolls, and a torch for sale with that bag of weed....um.... they forget who you are.

No job place protections here either. You can be tossed easily for it if you have an employer who isn't cool. Maybe someday. Until then...some jobs have a hard time filling positions.

life goes on. We had it good. Gotta feel for those who just jumped in and now...will be forced out. Even the satellite industries like hydro will be overrun.,,,and all of it ends up as minimum wage, highly-replaceable jobs. It's a revolving door...bigly....and only a few truly profit.

D

Deleted member 2835

I know there will not be a dispensary in my county. People aren't gonna drive for it. They can't afford the gas to get there. And 45-65.00 an 1/8 is bullshit .
Pretty sure the statute stated that state law supercedes county or local laws so while your county can bitch about it there's nothing they can do to stop it.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member

vote every time ,IF everyone voted shit would ,straighten up along about the third election!

D

Deleted member 60

Pretty sure the statute stated that state law supercedes county or local laws so while your county can bitch about it there's nothing they can do to stop it.
That would be good. CO has an opt-out for counties who do not want cannabis businesses within their boundaries. (grows/dispensaries/etc) My county is this way....and believe it or not...Colorado Springs...the 2nd largest city in the State....is that way as well. To play there you need to have yer Medical card. There are no Recreational sales. Can't say who decided such things...but you can guess if you want. Hopefully your law is different....

D

Deleted member 2835

I remember years ago I was driving through Colorado and decided to stop by a dispensary. They were both med and rec but if you didn't have a med card all of the good shit was impossible for you to get.

D

Deleted member 60

The buds/concentrates are the same strength/strains overall.....though the Menu/selection could be different. It's the edibles/patches/etc that are far stronger on the Med side than on the Rec side. You can also buy 2 ounces/more hash on the med side....and tax is 3% vs. 20% ish on the Rec side...depending on the town yer in.

If yer into butainted fare...you can get shit pretty damn cheap on the Rec side...even up here in the hills where everything is more expensive. Quick peek: Live Resin/shatter/wax...18-35 a g. Flower....60 an 1/8th. Weed isn't the big seller here, obviously. That's what all of the growers missed in all of this. Everyone has flower....but it's illegal to make any >solvent-based< concentrates....and why would you @ $18 per gram? (bubble hash/kief is fully legal to make at home)
We had a huge rash of rentals and moterl rooms being blown up here at the onset of it all...then they made it a Felony to make any BHO/wax/shatter/etc...and you get arson charges as well when it blows up. Fun..fun...fun...