New York legalization

Evergreengardener

Agronomist,
Can't say for sure...but here in CO you can buy an OZ at the dispensary....or 8 grams of concentrate "per day". Somehow they equate 8 grams of concentrates to a z. That may be where they got it.....cus the states are all mirroring each others programs to some extent. We used to be able to buy a full 28 grams of concentrate here in CO if you had the jack/desire to do so. Retail limits are now a Z of weed....8 grams of concentrate...or 8 packs of edible candies. Of course you can just go to another dispensary and buy the same amount...but on a single visit to one store... this is the state limit here for purchases. You can still posses "one ounce of cannabis product" on your person....and the law does not designate weed from concentrates in that scenario.

Mail is a Fed thing. Even mailing seeds is muy illegal....although rarely prosecuted. None of these state laws affect/change those laws no matter what folks say about "hemp" laws/etc. Hemp and weed are two completely different animals in the eyes of the law.

"Couldn't face the strain.....Ch....ch...ch.....changes....." Good luck with 'em folks. And good luck wrangling with the loss of income..... the fuckers.
One of the biggest things they did unlike any other state I know of for sure, is they made it legal to smoke herb in public in NY

Evergreengardener

Agronomist,
The guv has a brainstorm idea to tax the concentrates separately with an additional tax smack by THC content.

So that's 9% state tax, then 4% local tax and then the THC content tax.........where's my calculator?
I’m pretty sure the tax on thc content is for the whole sale side not the retail. Another thing they did was make it so if you own a processing facility or a cultivation center you can not have any owning interest in any retail dispensary

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
I’m pretty sure the tax on thc content is for the whole sale side not the retail. Another thing they did was make it so if you own a processing facility or a cultivation center you can not have any owning interest in any retail dispensary
Yep, it is but the consumer will pick that cost up. Are any other states taxing by THC content. That really seems wrong. But I guess it forces the producers to test
their product. They don't put an additional tax on Everclear for being twice as strong.........or do they? lol

With all these new med cards coming...........is medical insurance going to be picking up the dispensary weed tab? Hmmmm.........

This is all going to be real interesting and how it plays out against a seriously entrenched black market here.

Evergreengardener

Agronomist,
Yep, it is but the consumer will pick that cost up. Are any other states taxing by THC content. That really seems wrong. But I guess it forces the producers to test
their product. They don't put an additional tax on Everclear for being twice as strong.........or do they? lol

With all these new med cards coming...........is medical insurance going to be picking up the dispensary weed tab? Hmmmm.........

This is all going to be real interesting and how it plays out against a seriously entrenched black market here.
No other states dont do it that i know, but thats NY for you :ROFLMAO: That's the beauty of allowing people to home growthough, you don't have to buy from the shops if you don't want to.. all the rest yea it'll be interesting to watch how they move forward

D

Deleted member 60

Maybe insurance carriers in NY will be different...but here in CO......nope. Always had to pick up the $150 doc visit and the $115 cost of the card myself. I didn't want them to know anyway..... and like many of you I was making well enough cash from my gardens to afford the cost.

Ad hey...maybe since your laws are different about smoking in public your Black Market will survive the State's encroachment into all things "weed".

Not likely....but never say never. Start finding your love of the plant...now.....separate from your love of the profit...........cus change is coming.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Maybe insurance carriers in NY will be different...but here in CO......nope. Always had to pick up the $150 doc visit and the $115 cost of the card myself. I didn't want them to know anyway..... and like many of you I was making well enough cash from my gardens to afford the cost.

Ad hey...maybe since your laws are different about smoking in public your Black Market will survive the State's encroachment into all things "weed".

Not likely....but never say never. Start finding your love of the plant...now.....separate from your love of the profit...........cus change is coming.
I was actually thinking about the medical ins as maybe a pipe dream ole guv Andy was having. I'm just trying to wrap myself around all the inner city/ depressed areas being able to plunk down coin for NYS legal weed.
Because as I see it...that is NOT going to happen and at the same time, the state seems to be banking on it happening. It's not happening now and if insurance is not paying for it...........poor folks will be buying their weed as cheap as they can. I doubt the official NYS weed is going to be the price leader.

And ole guv Andy is so concerned for the inner city, the oppressed and discriminated against that he is banning the homegrow for 2.5 years............so in theory those poor folks will be buying govt weed for that time. Way to put the wood to them, Andy! ....but..........they are buying weed NOW, without you Andy

As it stands now precious little is approved for medical weed cards. It appears you need to be sick to apply and then you need a doctor that's registered to prescribe weed or convince your own doctor to apply to gain that ability.
-Qualifying Conditions

You may be eligible for medical marijuana if you have been diagnosed with one or more of the following severe debilitating or life threatening conditions: cancer, HIV infection or AIDS, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, spinal cord injury with spasticity, epilepsy, inflammatory bowel disease, neuropathy, Huntington's disease, post-traumatic stress disorder, chronic pain (as defined by 10 NYCRR §1004.2(a)(8)(xi)), pain that degrades health and functional capability as an alternative to opioid use or substance use disorder. The severe debilitating or life-threatening condition must also be accompanied by one or more of the following associated or complicating conditions: cachexia or wasting syndrome, severe or chronic pain, severe nausea, seizures, or severe or persistent muscle spasms, PTSD or opioid use disorder.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I wanna start breeding. I needthis to help convince my wife to let me use the entire free space for chucks hahaha. 4 in flower 4 in veg , sure buddy!!! Dosi, Gucci, mac1, wedding cake. I'm good. Now a feq males to throw at em haha.
that is twice the canada limit.

but who is counting in Canada...they have other problems.

If you call to complain they will state...cannabis is lega mam/sir. and if they come to your house you can get a week repreive (sorry its not a good time please come back) This is Canada...your mileage may vary.

I am going to use my thrippy experience as a reason to DOUBLE my script in 30 days. I decided to grow only 5s and up but its nice to have a tent of 2 litre floraflex to make weight

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
that is twice the canada limit.

but who is counting in Canada...they have other problems.

If you call to complain they will state...cannabis is lega mam/sir. and if they come to your house you can get a week repreive (sorry its not a good time please come back) This is Canada...your mileage may vary.

I am going to use my thrippy experience as a reason to DOUBLE my script in 30 days. I decided to grow only 5s and up but its nice to have a tent of 2 litre floraflex to make weight
Do they dry out once a day?

D

Deleted member 60

We've had so many changes to the laws here in CO...I think we're still 3 in veg/3 in flower to be "legal".....but like Gwheels says...who is counting? Certainly no one is coming.....unless yer ratted out. A few extra here just means you have more pot to watch dry out or give away....nothing more.

Until it's all legal via the FED...the insurance companies will not pay for your meds. LOFL there. Twice. They aren't even gonna pay for your DOCTOR visit....unless your regular doctor will write a rec. Go to a "pot" doc and buy a card/buy an extended count with no real need...nope...they aren't insuring your game/profits...and never will. Everything gets cheaper when it's "legal" Med cards were $150 annually when I was first a patient in 2003. Now they are $15...if that. My pot doc was one of the busiest docs in the State but has recently opened a real office and now writes narcotic scripts cus the pot doc thing went to shit when Rec hit. I sure didn't renew my card and I was on the registry for 11 years. I'm sure many others followed suit. No need for the protection when the law allows everyone to grow the same amount. the only benefit to being med here now is that you don't pay 20% tax....the edibles you can buy can be far stronger... and the limits for possession are a bit higher. Those 99 count cards that werre the norm here for years are now basically non-existent. If you have one you are truly terminal/sick....and are not just using the cover to sling pounds like the old days.

But it WAS fun while it lasted. Bes' get on it NOW if you can....cus the game is about up.

D

Deleted member 60

CO cut us lowly individuals out at the onset. They sold 3 licenses to the Med side when it opened up for sales in 2010...and those were SEVERELY limited in number. You could buy a dispensary license....priced according to how many customers you could serve...but somewhere in the 25K range.....or an "OPCL" or "Off premise Cultivation license"....or a license to produce edibles. If you aren't licensed...you aren't legally allowed to manufacture/sell any cannabis products here.

When Rec hit...the only folks who could get licenses whatsoever were those same MED folks/shops. the State said they had already vetted those folks (with a 30 page application that asked for personal info that went all the way back to providing your HS graduation picture as well as >>>all<<< of your finances). The only restriction was that you cannot be licensed if you are a FELON.

IF you can buy a license from someone now...and they are transferrable with State AOK....those licenses sell for MILLIONS of dollars. There's no "I want to open a shop" shit here....and no "I'm gonna set up a 10 x 10 tent and sell ounces at the Farmer's Market". It's wrapped up tight. Very tight.

I hope some of ya can figure some sort of a niche'. I gave up. Took a few years to get it all through my hard ass fuckin head...but I finally got there.

Good luck folks. Hope it somehow plays out for you.......