New grower looking for assistance

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
This is definitely the place for it. There are always people looking for testers, and you just missed a contest where freebie testers were mailed out to all who wanted to play. I don't make beans but lots here do. But beans are cheap You can get a pack of good genetics in the $40 range. Better to start out with something good. You are about to invest 4 months in it, and a bagseed/herm might give ou issues you don't need at first.

Madhippy

That's the thing I've never bought seeds. When I was a kid most weed we got had seeds. And until a couple years back most loud I got probably had at least 1 seed to every oz bought but I haven't had a seed in forever I even asked my dude if he could check the shake in the bottom of his packs but no seeds. And I have tried ordering seeds from seedbanks three different times and because I don't have a bank account or actual credit card I either have to send cash or do bitcoin and I am scared of crypto and of sending cash I don't understand why I went and got a prepaid card and loaded money on it just to be told at checkout that prepaid cards aren't excepted? Like wtf is it such a process to pay someone for 10 fucking seeds that probably don't weigh a gram. Its like they only want fucking crypto or cash I don't understand and then I tried to get my sister to use her card and me just give her cash but then it says you have to call and Authorize your card for international purchases so she calls and they tell her it's not possible with her card?? So I can order shit straight from China no problem but because your company is in Canada (practically the USA best friend and favorite neighbor) or Spain or the Netherlands you can't accept my money unless I jump through hoops and pay fees to convert it into bitcoin ( which if I'm not mistaken has no real value its value is based off of it just mining data whatever that means sounds like spying) its just crazy and I live in the USA and we gave no real seed banks here. Seedsman acts like they have a US hub but its awfully funny that Nothing is ever in stock for the USA and herbies seems to have the best reputation but same shit. Sorry for the rant its just been frustrating. And someone offered to send me some seeds In the mail so we will see. And honestly I understand what your saying alot of the brick weed seeds I'd grow would hermie but I spread my plants out far enough outdoors that it really only seemed to seed the plant that hermied. But my grow will be small and indoors in my closet so I understand that a hermie in a closet has to be culled immediately and that all the time and money to grow it to that point is flushed down the toilet but at the same time bro I'm tired of paying 10$ a gram( I smoke 100$wk at least) never know what strain it really is or how good it will be. Now don't get me wrong I don't like smoking seeded bud. But whenever I wanted to plant some I sure did appreciate having the seeds to do it. Honestly it feels like they don't want people having the ability to reproduce the plant. That's why when I do figure it out moneywise and technical wise I'm gonna get regular seeds and become a "pollen chucker" like yall🙂

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
That's why when I do figure it out moneywise and technical wise I'm gonna get regular seeds and become a "pollen chucker" like yall🙂
I just grow plants for someone that has a company. After gaining experience I bought some beans, and it's a lot more user friendly now. There are several breeders on here that would probably work something out and all are reliable - or they would not be allowed to stay. Greenpoint and County Line Genetics are two with the longest tenure on here but there are other proffesional and hobby chuckers giving or selling beans.

I have also been buying from Seedsherenow and they have just started taking a debit card. I have also sent them a check and it worked fine. Placed a thursday order for their black Friday sale and got a confirmation e-mail in half a second and a shipping/tracking e-mail on Friday.

Now that there are plenty of legal states - even if it's not where you are - it's a lot less shady than it used to be.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
I would trust everyone mention above I have ordered from them all many many times other than using a money order once I have always sent cash even across the pond years ago when there were few us seed banks hang around you might bump into someone wanting to unload some seeds what kind of lights you and media do you run madhippy?

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
That's the thing I've never bought seeds. When I was a kid most weed we got had seeds. And until a couple years back most loud I got probably had at least 1 seed to every oz bought but I haven't had a seed in forever I even asked my dude if he could check the shake in the bottom of his packs but no seeds. And I have tried ordering seeds from seedbanks three different times and because I don't have a bank account or actual credit card I either have to send cash or do bitcoin and I am scared of crypto and of sending cash I don't understand why I went and got a prepaid card and loaded money on it just to be told at checkout that prepaid cards aren't excepted? Like wtf is it such a process to pay someone for 10 fucking seeds that probably don't weigh a gram. Its like they only want fucking crypto or cash I don't understand and then I tried to get my sister to use her card and me just give her cash but then it says you have to call and Authorize your card for international purchases so she calls and they tell her it's not possible with her card?? So I can order shit straight from China no problem but because your company is in Canada (practically the USA best friend and favorite neighbor) or Spain or the Netherlands you can't accept my money unless I jump through hoops and pay fees to convert it into bitcoin ( which if I'm not mistaken has no real value its value is based off of it just mining data whatever that means sounds like spying) its just crazy and I live in the USA and we gave no real seed banks here. Seedsman acts like they have a US hub but its awfully funny that Nothing is ever in stock for the USA and herbies seems to have the best reputation but same shit. Sorry for the rant its just been frustrating. And someone offered to send me some seeds In the mail so we will see. And honestly I understand what your saying alot of the brick weed seeds I'd grow would hermie but I spread my plants out far enough outdoors that it really only seemed to seed the plant that hermied. But my grow will be small and indoors in my closet so I understand that a hermie in a closet has to be culled immediately and that all the time and money to grow it to that point is flushed down the toilet but at the same time bro I'm tired of paying 10$ a gram( I smoke 100$wk at least) never know what strain it really is or how good it will be. Now don't get me wrong I don't like smoking seeded bud. But whenever I wanted to plant some I sure did appreciate having the seeds to do it. Honestly it feels like they don't want people having the ability to reproduce the plant. That's why when I do figure it out moneywise and technical wise I'm gonna get regular seeds and become a "pollen chucker" like yall🙂
A lot of seed sellers accept CashApp, Venmo, and/or PayPal but you have to reach out to them and ask...they don't advertise it because it violates the terms of some of those services. I've bought tons of seeds and never once mailed cash. Stick to US sellers and you shouldn't have any issues.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Order placed Thursday and processed Friday is at the local distribution center and out for delivery tomorrow. Better-n-amazon :ROFLMAO:

Madhippy

I just grow plants for someone that has a company. After gaining experience I bought some beans, and it's a lot more user friendly now. There are several breeders on here that would probably work something out and all are reliable - or they would not be allowed to stay. Greenpoint and County Line Genetics are two with the longest tenure on here but there are other proffesional and hobby chuckers giving or selling beans.

I have also been buying from Seedsherenow and they have just started taking a debit card. I have also sent them a check and it worked fine. Placed a thursday order for their black Friday sale and got a confirmation e-mail in half a second and a shipping/tracking e-mail on Friday.

Now that there are plenty of legal states - even if it's not where you are - it's a lot less shady than it used to be.
Ok I never heard of seedsherenow I'm about to check them out bro and there's another company called sunwest genetics in Michigan or something but I think its for that state wouldn't process my order. Thanks for the info bro

Madhippy

I would trust everyone mention above I have ordered from them all many many times other than using a money order once I have always sent cash even across the pond years ago when there were few us seed banks hang around you might bump into someone wanting to unload some seeds what kind of lights you and media do you run madhippy?
Honestly this will be my first real indoor grow so I got on Amazon and bought a mars hydro and a foxfarm soil and liquid fertilizer bundle. I went with the best budget light I could find for the money and foxfarm cause that seems to be most people's starting point going indoors. Wouldn't go indoors but have too. Less and less country around here anymore they keep building more stuff and on top of it deer are my worst nightmare they can't be scared away

Madhippy

Some of them are a pain. I still use Attitude after all these years.
I hear attitude is great about getting you your seeds but I heard complaints of poor germination rates cause whenever they bring seeds in through the mail they run it through xray machines and shit and causes sterilization?? You ever have any problems??

Madhippy

A lot of seed sellers accept CashApp, Venmo, and/or PayPal but you have to reach out to them and ask...they don't advertise it because it violates the terms of some of those services. I've bought tons of seeds and never once mailed cash. Stick to US sellers and you shouldn't have any issues.
You have any recommendations? On private seed breeders in the US?

m4s73r

The Laziest
I hear attitude is great about getting you your seeds but I heard complaints of poor germination rates cause whenever they bring seeds in through the mail they run it through xray machines and shit and causes sterilization?? You ever have any problems??
My current run i had 10 of 12 pop. seeds were all Femanized and a year old or so.