New grower looking for assistance

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Only thing being x-rayed is your silly ass walking through the airport with your carry-on šŸ˜
I doubt the gubmint drops the cash to x-ray all mail. Some random shipping containers at ports go through the drive through version, but mail is a separate thing.

treefarmercharlie

šŸ†
Admin
You have any recommendations? On private seed breeders in the US?
For direct breeders countylinegenetics.com and esosseeds.com both have small selections, but great genetics, and let you pay with one or more of the options I mentioned and greenpointseeds.com accepts credit/debit cards but you have you use ā€œMeshā€ to check out with that. For a larger selection of breeders from one place northatlanticseed.com accepts credit/debit cards.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
Honestly this will be my first real indoor grow so I got on Amazon and bought a mars hydro and a foxfarm soil and liquid fertilizer bundle. I went with the best budget light I could find for the money and foxfarm cause that seems to be most people's starting point going indoors. Wouldn't go indoors but have too. Less and less country around here anymore they keep building more stuff and on top of it deer are my worst nightmare they can't be scared away
I grew up with outdoor grows but also moved indoors there is a learning curve but once you figure it out it's rewarding and helps my mental wellbeing during looooong winters.... Don't overwater, fertilize and develop an IPM plan from day one or you will have issues... Happy growing

Madhippy

My current run i had 10 of 12 pop. seeds were all Femanized and a year old or so.
Damn thats not bad. I always heard that and that's why attitude always gives alot of freebies and it made sense when I heard it cause we radiate imported food to kill off invasive species and it sterilized the fruits seeds alot of times. Do you live in the UK or here in the states?

Madhippy

I would definitely jump on the free beans. They will also come with advice from the breeder (since he's here and you can bug him) on how best to grow them.

If you must buy something here's a page you might like.
Under $30 Strains Ā» Seeds Here Now
Man I just got on here and looked at the site and I'm digging it they seem to have strains you never heard of. So i have to ask before I try to checkout. You have personally bought seeds from them and they delivered?

Madhippy

I grew up with outdoor grows but also moved indoors there is a learning curve but once you figure it out it's rewarding and helps my mental wellbeing during looooong winters.... Don't overwater, fertilize and develop an IPM plan from day one or you will have issues... Happy growing
Bro I'm the same way I honestly just like growing stuff and gardening I used to help my grandma with her garden every year since I was knee high and my mom and thems stoner so once I smoked weed my first time I fell in love and back then weed had seeds unless you knew a homegrown. So it just fell hand in hand. And I get super depressed in the winter and where I'm from we will get a hot spell in spring and then get a two or three week cold spell. We call it blackberry winter. Anyway the hardest part for me is when we get that warm spell in spring cause I break out the seed trays and pots and seeds and clamp light and start planting shit way to earlyšŸ¤£ can't count how many times I've done it and lost stuff to early frosts. But yes I know that there will be a learning curve but I'm very passionate and my thumb is green so I believe I can do alright with itšŸ¤ž

treefarmercharlie

šŸ†
Admin
You have personally bought seeds from them and they delivered?
You aren't going to have any issues with any of the well known seed vendors not delivering. Companies who scam get called out very quickly in forums like this and reddit. Just stick to companies based in the US if you want quick shipping and don't want to have to worry about seeds making it through customs. There are so many seed banks in the US that there really is no need to buy from oversees anymore.

NoWaistedSpace

PICK YOUR OWN
Lol damn things change I guess. When I was 16 I mailed like a 100 bucks or something off to BCBD. I remember it was like my whole check. Never did get those seeds. Never got over it either
I used to use Attitude Seed Bank and Single Seed center when I was buying across the pond. I have always gotten every seed I ordered. Sometimes took a month to get them.
You can try Strainly, I have gotten my orders on that site also. All been cash money transactions.
Pretty much all of us on this forum will recommend GPS. Good quality seed for any type of grower.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Man I just got on here and looked at the site and I'm digging it they seem to have strains you never heard of. So i have to ask before I try to checkout. You have personally bought seeds from them and they delivered?
Yes. Package arriving today and I have purchased from them before. But like I said - jump on the free stuff. Build a relationship with a breeder and you may never have to buy beans. I bet @High kev could get you those before you have all your stuff ready to grow them.

Also, if you are hanging out on the site there are always posts for testers to run beans before they go on the market and you look for issues, report on the grow and the smoke. When you figure the price of beans it's like a part time job with no actual expense you would not already have just by growing, and no 'income' except the smoke.

I currently have an assortment fro seedsherenow in one tent
IMG_7402.JPG
and some free testers from @J.James at county line genetics.
IMG_7398.JPG
I only buy beans because I want to try different stuff. I have enough leftover tester beans that I would never have to buy any.

Also, there are about 30-40 of us on the site that just got 18 free reg testers to run in a contest, and 3 fem seeds as a "thanks for playing" gift.

m4s73r

The Laziest
Damn thats not bad. I always heard that and that's why attitude always gives alot of freebies and it made sense when I heard it cause we radiate imported food to kill off invasive species and it sterilized the fruits seeds alot of times. Do you live in the UK or here in the states?
States. And we dont xray everything that comes in the US. Just things that are suspicious.

Opie1

Master Grower
Am trying to find some seeds for my first indoor grow and was hoping someone in the community had some random hermie seeds or old pack of a strain they didn't particularly love?
Anything in particular that youā€™re looking for? Iā€™ve got more than Iā€™ll ever grow. (But for some reason Iā€™m still periodically buying some, lol). Iā€™ve also got some in the making, should be ready before springtime.