Need suggestions for cameras and motion detectors.

V3n0M

Super Active Member
I use the rechargable wifi cameras from reolink, i use them with the litlle solar panel they offer, battery is always at 100.. they also have some that can run on cellular network as well. they are very affordable and do a great job.. they are not 24/7 security cameras tho, they are setup to record and notify me when motion is detected and keep recording until the motion is gone..

Reolink Argus 2 and Argus 3, check it out

Now1more

Super Active Member
Ok, update time. 2 nights in a row I've had people on my property. Persistent. I heard voices 2 nights ago and yelled out the bathroom window. That was enough to scare them off. Thank God for a weak bladder and good timing. Last night around 3:30 a.m. my neighbor's German Shepherd was barking forever. Went out and they had cleared out.

Tonight we watched a car park across from my property at a trailhead. I went out and asked what they were doing as it looked like they were scoping my property and not there for the view. I'm sure they noticed the bulge of my holster. They hung out for another 20 minutes afterwards claiming to watch the sunset. Yet, I watched them from my back deck. Didn't look like they were enjoying a beautiful sunset at all, especially while one was on the phone and the other meandering around.

Wish me luck. I've covered the grow area with motion sensor lights and trip wires that set off a shotgun primer.

Nervous as hell. Any younger I would have the attitude of... bring it on! Aye aye aye

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
Need a watch crew. Guards. If they were that balsy to stay and continue to come back I Would camp out, good time for target practice or hire someone to help guard. Something has to be done to these fucks. They will come back every year. Need to make an example out of someone or guard the shit out of them can’t let them get anything. BC299850-3558-45C9-955A-D4ACB837C334.gif

Now1more

Super Active Member
I don't want to hurt anyone, just scare them off. But, push comes to shove I'm a Vet from a military family. I've been shooting since I was 5 or 6. Test me! Don't want it to come down to that, but my Mossberg will clear a whole lot of you.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Ok, update time. 2 nights in a row I've had people on my property. Persistent. I heard voices 2 nights ago and yelled out the bathroom window. That was enough to scare them off. Thank God for a weak bladder and good timing. Last night around 3:30 a.m. my neighbor's German Shepherd was barking forever. Went out and they had cleared out.

Tonight we watched a car park across from my property at a trailhead. I went out and asked what they were doing as it looked like they were scoping my property and not there for the view. I'm sure they noticed the bulge of my holster. They hung out for another 20 minutes afterwards claiming to watch the sunset. Yet, I watched them from my back deck. Didn't look like they were enjoying a beautiful sunset at all, especially while one was on the phone and the other meandering around.

Wish me luck. I've covered the grow area with motion sensor lights and trip wires that set off a shotgun primer.

Nervous as hell. Any younger I would have the attitude of... bring it on! Aye aye aye
I was just thinking about this and came to remind you all, it's that time of year again. I have already lost mine earlier in the year from eradication efforts.
I want to wish you all good luck in keeping your hard work safe. You can't stay up 24 hrs a day. They will fuck with you until you are exhausted, and you pass out. That's when they come.
It's a softening up process. It's on their own choosing. Everyone needs a "watch buddy", but that is hard to do.
You need to not let them know if you are home or not. Leave all the lights off, don't answer your door. You will soon find out who it is, if it is a neighbor. Cell phones are the worst. I was marked everywhere I went. It has been a struggle for the last 10 years for me.
Wished I could lend one of you a hand. My evenings are free. lol

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I don't want to hurt anyone, just scare them off. But, push comes to shove I'm a Vet from a military family. I've been shooting since I was 5 or 6. Test me! Don't want it to come down to that, but my Mossberg will clear a whole lot of you.
Do you have night vision goggles? They probably do. Something to think about.
Hide in an out of the way spot where you can have clear access to plants and the way they will most likely come in. Don't worry so much about your house, you want them to think you are inside. Leave a tv or a light on and go hide in a spot you have chosen to ambush from. Up a tree(high ground) and wait.
Good luck everyone!

Last edited:

Burned Haze

Really Active Member
A dog can easily be killed with poison and food ( people are mean like that), we have the tech why make a slave to “ bark” or be your security, how would you feel being changed up or that was your job?

best security camera , get a hikivision camera nvr camera , than have it on a non working router ( you can’t trust hikivision anymore cause it’s owned by China but if you run their software on non internet based , no one will hack that )

anyways for the price and if your a guy like me where internet isn’t the best and you don’t wanna have cloud based crap or waste internet as well for cameras that are cannabis related . get a Hikivision NVR (it was the #1 sold camera and even USA military used it) + however many camera’s u need and Ethernet than you really don’t need a HDD and just run it as a “live” ? That’s all on you CSU’s did you want that get a HDD ( I don’t want extra crap and no need)

use driveway alarms for your grow, and then label them and then w/e areas you need to have to know someone is walking past ( you can even have a timer on em so the sound only goes off at a certain time, look at animals or daytime stuff)

I have been using this brand for a few years and i really love them ( key is to tape/glow the seal so the weather doesn’t the batteries )
Driveway alarm:

NVR + camera example

Streetpro09

Tester

I probably would have went out back of the house and target practiced while they were there. Not sure if that's possible in your situation.

Now1more

Super Active Member
@stiickygreen @High kev . No problems. I've been napping for a few hours then staying up to monitor. Motion sensor seems a bit too sensitive, even at the lowest setting. So, I'm jumping up anytime the light comes on.

I have been parking at night at different spots each night around the garden. I figure if they think they can come up with a gameplan to get in, think again! On a funny note. I had set the tripwire which detonates a shotgun primer yesterday. Tested it out, sounds like .22 going off. I went to reset it with a new primer and just after it was set my son tripped it. He's looking at me going... dad, my dear is ringing. I'm like no shit kid, I'm 2 feet from it. Lol. Just thought I'd share.