Need suggestions for cameras and motion detectors.

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
Lights and cameras. Best deterrents. Cameras are the best deterrent. Even if they’re not hooked up. But I would. Get a night vision one Theyre readily available now

Now1more

Super Active Member
@Hust17 my big concern with lights is light pollution. I'm afraid that I'll end up hermie-ing a crop. I live in Maine and there are all sorts of critters that could potentially set off a motion sensor. Hell, today on the way to the dump we had to stop because 40-50 turkeys were crossing the road. Forget the chicken! It's wildlife galore, deer, moose (I overlook the Moose Mountains), a bear that so far stays on the west side of the road, turkeys, coons, porcupines, Fisher cats, foxes, coyotes, etc. You get it. I've seen everything here. At night you can here the owls, in the day the woodpeckers, and the bald eagle that lives around here is a sight to see! Wow! I am friggin rambling!

Now1more

Super Active Member
@Hust17 I've learned a lot from every grow and have kept detailed notebooks on everything. This is my 4th year. I'm slowly moving into completely organic. No more bag soil, making my own nutes, and this year I'm growing a bunch of dynamic accumalators for those nutes. At that point I may consider doing a journal to see what can be accomplished using KNF (Korean Natural Farming) as I explore that more. Thanks for the support and encouragement.

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
@Hust17 I've learned a lot from every grow and have kept detailed notebooks on everything. This is my 4th year. I'm slowly moving into completely organic. No more bag soil, making my own nutes, and this year I'm growing a bunch of dynamic accumalators for those nutes. At that point I may consider doing a journal to see what can be accomplished using KNF (Korean Natural Farming) as I explore that more. Thanks for the support and encouragement.
That sounds wicked!! I will look for some of your stuff in the future! Sounds very interesting :D

Now1more

Super Active Member
Get IR flood lights to light up the approaches and crop. That will give you much better video definition than just relying on the camera emitters.
Turn off the IR emitters on cameras within the grow, they will cause problems if they are within a few feet,.

3 thing rippers don't want is noise, lights and time, so keep an eye out for cleared paths, damaged lights.
Super thin grey thread strung thru the woods at upper chest height will give you an idea where and when they are scouting. Deer usually keep heads lower, don't snag it except on game trail and leave tracks.
Just run long lines perpendicular to the approaches. Once they walk into it, there no putting it back and hiding the passage.

Driveway motion sensors send a signal to the house ( 4 distinct chimes) are another option to look at.

Two things jump out...Did anyone else know you were cutting the next day?
How did the rippers know they were ready unless they snooped earlier?
Either way, they scouted the area prior, knew a route to the greenhouse at night and attacked on a full moon. Now you have their MO for the next grow because they are coming back.
Look at the calendar now, you know the next ripoff date within 72 hrs now. Oct 1 is Harvest Moon this year.
I have a very scenic spot. People stop all the time for the view. In the summer we have a ton of tourists and one of the most popular biker bars in southern Maine.

I don't tell anyone anything. I don't really have friends. My best friend is a buddy who came for a visit 22 years ago and never left. Really it's just me, my wife, and my kids.
20191014_074414.jpg

Now1more

Super Active Member
So, in this pic you can see th stone wall at the bottom of my property... maybe. That was their point of entry. Probably parked down the road and came up the hill. I found the grass trampled and their path. I was so livid! I'm usually a person of very good temperament, but I was running around, sad to say with a 9mm in hand, screaming like a lunatic.

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
Even got the fade going on your treeline! Hahaha! What a beautiful setting! I like the wall, tons of character! And lol I can’t even imagine if someone was making away with one of my full term babies!

Primo bozo

Big veiny dick
I have a small 12x60 mobile home set up as a man cave/grow room, I put a 8 foot fence around it and installed a large dog door, to get to the trailer you have to climb the fence, and then you will meet my German Rottweiler's. They're trained to stay quiet until the door opens up, and then you better be me or you might not make it out. They don't bark, or make any noise. Because I really don't want to hurt anyone (badly) I have them trained so once you're on the ground, they will stand over you and growl and Nash their teeth until I get there. The small one is 132lbs and his brother is 148lbs. So far so good. But it is expensive feeding them.