My test run of printed plant stakes

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Dude when are you going to start selling these lol
I wish I could. All of these are made from bashing other peoples artwork together. The only part that I actually create is the text, and even some of the fonts I use are only free to use for personal stuff. I know I could probably get away with selling them but, as someone who worked in the graphic arts field, and currently work in software development, I’d feel like a hypocrite if I didn’t respect the IP rights of the original artists. I wish I had the talent to come up with my own characters from scratch.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I wish I could. All of these are made from bashing other peoples artwork together. The only part that I actually create is the text, and even some of the fonts I use are only free to use for personal stuff. I know I could probably get away with selling them but, as someone who worked in the graphic arts field, and currently work in software development, I’d feel like a hypocrite if I didn’t respect the IP rights of the original artists. I wish I had the talent to come up with my own characters from scratch.
I think the way to go would be to partner with a breeder and an artist and come up with freebies/promotional gear. Screw wax dripped glass vials, or platinum embossed jewelry boxes - give me something cool to jam in the ground by the plant while it's growing - and collect - and post around the tent - etc.

Have plant stakes / stickers that go with each of that breeders strains, with that atists work and your technical glue.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I think the way to go would be to partner with a breeder and an artist and come up with freebies/promotional gear. Screw wax dripped glass vials, or platinum embossed jewelry boxes - give me something cool to jam in the ground by the plant while it's growing - and collect - and post around the tent - etc.

Have plant stakes / stickers that go with each of that breeders strains, with that atists work and your technical glue.
I was actually just talking about that in my wife. I could even just come up with the design ideas and commission artists to draw it up in their style. I was telling her that it would be cool to commission work from someone like Tony Ciavarro. I got a half sleeve from him and I love his digital artwork, too.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
My friend for over 30 years is an artist.
He did this for schwaggy on ph. I won a bunch of seeds for it.
He woukd definitely do some work for as I And in return I get seeds. Whatayathink?View attachment 84141
That's pretty badass! I have to admit that I am super afraid to take business risks. But, between conversations I had with my wife last night, and a conversation I had with my best friend this morning, I contacted Tony (the artist I mentioned in my last post) to see if he thinks it would be worthwhile for me to develop my own brand. He got right back to me and said he thinks it's a great idea but, that I should not limit the designs to stakes and labels, and should open it up to a lot of other things people in the cannabis markets are interested in like rolling trays and other products. It will take me time and money but I think I'm going to take the risk and give it a shot.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
That's pretty badass! I have to admit that I am super afraid to take business risks. But, between conversations I had with my wife last night, and a conversation I had with my best friend this morning, I contacted Tony (the artist I mentioned in my last post) to see if he thinks it would be worthwhile for me to develop my own brand. He got right back to me and said he thinks it's a great idea but, that I should not limit the designs to stakes and labels, and should open it up to a lot of other things people in the cannabis markets are interested in like rolling trays and other products. It will take me time and money but I think I'm going to take the risk and give it a shot.
Do iytytttttttttt

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
On any of those things it will be the application of the artwork, and the cost of the generic bulk stuff, what your profit margin is. A pack of 1000 plant stakes is in the $10-20 range just in those limited quantities. A stack of quality rolling trays? No clue.

Stickers and stakes with stickers is pretty cheap for production. You get into graphics on rolling trays that's a whole different ballgame - and don't try and sell me a rolling tray with a big sticker in the middle 🤣

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Smell-proof seed-packs would be money, posters or wall/tent art, lots of stuff with just the art and a printer.

Maybe offering the personalized services tailored to a specific breeder/seller? Their artwork and you don't need to worry about it? Then have your line of stuff with 'everyday strains' (GDP, Sour Diesel, etc.) displaying whatever you have to offer. Build from the bottom and expand.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
On any of those things it will be the application of the artwork, and the cost of the generic bulk stuff, what your profit margin is. A pack of 1000 plant stakes is in the $10-20 range just in those limited quantities. A stack of quality rolling trays? No clue.

Stickers and stakes with stickers is pretty cheap for production. You get into graphics on rolling trays that's a whole different ballgame - and don't try and sell me a rolling tray with a big sticker in the middle 🤣
I wouldn't do rolling trays or ashtray or anything else unless the artwork was professionally printed on them. One of the things that has scared me away from doing things like this in the past is that I don't believe in half-assing anything when it's tied to a business. For the plant stakes I would either invest in a machine that can print right on them, like what big name nurseries use, or I would sub contract the printing out.

Smell-proof seed-packs would be money, posters or wall/tent art, lots of stuff with just the art and a printer.

Maybe offering the personalized services tailored to a specific breeder/seller? Their artwork and you don't need to worry about it? Then have your line of stuff with 'everyday strains' (GDP, Sour Diesel, etc.) displaying whatever you have to offer. Build from the bottom and expand.
Yes, part of my business idea is also marketing toward breeders to provide them with custom artwork and products (stakes, bags, jar labels, etc) for their strains. I'm really hoping I can get him to help me get things started because he's very successful in branding, packaging design, and he even has his own clothing lines. He's a really nice guy, too, so I'm not worried about him steering me down the wrong path. His kid is 8 and he already has him learning about that type of industry and has him creating and selling some of his artwork.