My test run of printed plant stakes

Opie1

Master Grower
Let me know what strains you want and, as long as the list isn't huge, I can make you a PDF that you can print if you want. This is what the sheet looks like when I print it and it has cut lines to make it easier.
View attachment 64489
I need/want some of these Northern Lights, I just started a project with some antique NL beans and I’ve got a couple more on the way from different breeders. Maybe we could work out a trade?

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I need/want some of these Northern Lights, I just started a project with some antique NL beans and I’ve got a couple more on the way from different breeders. Maybe we could work out a trade?
I'd be happy to send you a PDF that can be printed out on adhesive sheets or regular paper to be glued onto the stakes if you want. No trade needed, it would take me about 5 minutes to load one up with all the same label.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I've attached a PDF for you with the northern lights labels on it. It's sized for 8.5" x 11" in landscape mode. The labels are sized to fit standard 6x10 cm plant tags. These are the ones I'm using and they are a lot thinker then the flimsy ones you usually see. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B082PND714/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attachments

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
The water slide decals came in and these came out way nicer than I expected! It is a pain in the ass lining the labels up and making sure all the bubbles are out, though...but just look at these stakes! It would be so much easier if I could find a punch die that cut them to the perfect shape for the stakes.

labeled stakes.jpg

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Those are awesome I’d definitely buy some of those
I can provide PDFs to print out and instructions for how to make them the way I do. I have fun doing the graphic design but the time it would take to make them and ship them out would probably make them too pricey for plant tags that will get dirty over time, anyways. Not to mention some of the images I used are copyrighted so selling anything with them would be a no no. I can’t imagine that Disney would give me the rights to sell those “Topanga Wedding” tags 😁 , but they aren’t going to waste their time with someone not trying to make a buck off of them. They do look great in person though. My older sister is just starting to grow so I brought her some seeds and tags to go with them, and she asked me where I bought the tags because she loved them.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I was just talking about seed packaging, some that have cool vials, drippy-wax seals, jewelry boxes etc. Really eye catching, but after you plant the seeds you have another little vial.

This could be a thing if you find the right breeder.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
They also have the plant stakes that exact shape, but out of thinner pressed plastic instead of injection molded. It would be about a third the shipping weight per item or more if it was included with a pack of seeds. or if several were.