Megacrop thread

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
Ive never used the full amount they recommend but do get in the ballpark. Same with the PK booster. Close but not quite as much. Looks like you are bout spot on on your math and measurement. Be careful tho, many claim the shit don't work and you have to filter out the good parts and throw away the bad, lmfao.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
I think I'd like to check out my sample of MC. I'm in dirt and or promix. I was planning on using 1 scoop to 5 gallons water. I don't have a ppm pen. Do I feed that every time I water or once a week?

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
I think I'd like to check out my sample of MC. I'm in dirt and or promix. I was planning on using 1 scoop to 5 gallons water. I don't have a ppm pen. Do I feed that every time I water or once a week?
MC says all the time and that is how i have been running it. Not sure on the scoop Willie i weight mine when mixing. What is your sample formula one two or three?

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
I got it beginning of summer or so....at least version2, but not sure.
As my soil is getting played out, I'm starting to use pro mix to up pot with. I have been using FoxFarm Trio at about half strength. I water at least twice a week and I've been doing one with nutes, next one plain.

I could weigh it out also.....What would you rec gram wise for 5 gallons?

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
I got it beginning of summer or so....at least version2, but not sure.
As my soil is getting played out, I'm starting to use pro mix to up pot with. I have been using FoxFarm Trio at about half strength. I water at least twice a week and I've been doing one with nutes, next one plain.

I could weigh it out also.....What would you rec gram wise for 5 gallons?
I will use anywhere from 1-4gr per gallon. My tap is under a hundred so i count that as a gram. I just work my up in amount till around the second week of flowering. I then start tapering down as i add BE. I have been struggling and having to add more cal-mag. I have v 2 i think .LOL. Newest version just has more cal-mag in it.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I just got the 9.9kg bag and the canadian supply is version 2 i think. It is not version 3.

I will just suplement with calmag as needed. :D One day I will have the perfect pair of strains that love MC the way it is. A couple of them so far loved it (Dynobery bites, purple punch) and some not so much because they need more....something.

V 3
1573203389201.png
V2 The one i got (just the numbers in the same order). This is the bag i ordered in January and the new big bag (Same formula). Too bad its not the new version. The minerals are off by 1 and i dont want to change them all :D lol. But the numbers are in order.
P205 9%
k2o 6
ca 17
mg 5.6
S 2.3
B 1.9
Cu .07
Fe .04
Mn .07
Mo .01
Zn .11
11% amino chelate zinc

Last edited:

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
Couple things i dont like about maga. Is how it mixes poorly, i have 5 gal containers that i use for bulk. I buy a 22.5 lb bag and mix half in one container and half in the other. It never dissolves completely in the water. Even used very hot water mixing it. Ill shake those containers every day until their usee up and they will always have undissolved particulate in the bottom. When they are full it could be 3 inches deep.

Its not just the maga but also his other products as well. Bought a bag of calmag and put it in a 5 gal container and ive been shaking on that for 5 months and still it will never dissolve.

Last thing is the molasses. Dont like how much is in it. Clogs up my top off tank valve. Came to my room yesterday and immediately heard pumps running dry. Tank was 3/4 full and my rdwc was almost empty. Dont know the full damage done to that yet.

Other than that its a good product. But my other dry brands mix exceptionally better and do not clog anything.just have to mix your own ratios. Masterblend and jacks are much finer and mix great. Takes around 700 ppm to get tip burn with those 2 and with maga i can double that amount before tip burn so i use less of the masterblend or jacks professional. But i have to mix in the nitrate or calmag into it but its super cheap. A bag of those 2 combined with nitrate will last me 3x longer than maga but the maga is easy to use and has the silicia in it.

20191108_162225.jpg20191108_162235.jpg20191108_162241.jpg20191108_162301.jpg

badmofo529

Insanely Active Member
I just got the 9.9kg bag and the canadian supply is version 2 i think. It is not version 3.

I will just suplement with calmag as needed. :D One day I will have the perfect pair of strains that love MC the way it is. A couple of them so far loved it (Dynobery bites, purple punch) and some not so much because they need more....something.

V 3
View attachment 29006
V2 The one i got (just the numbers in the same order). This is the bag i ordered in January and the new big bag (Same formula). Too bad its not the new version. The minerals are off by 1 and i dont want to change them all :D lol. But the numbers are in order.
P205 9%
k2o 6
ca 17
mg 5.6
S 2.3
B 1.9
Cu .07
Fe .04
Mn .07
Mo .01
Zn .11
11% amino chelate zinc
Shoot them an email and ask which version it is, the v3 was getting shipped in the old v2 bags still when it first changed, so it could be either.

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
just works better for me handwatering, I'd try it in hydro, but its the best one parter Ive used period and Ive tried em all since bout 2000. I use 2.5 grams per gallon on veg, up to 5 for a few weeks in flower, back to 2.5 grams with added their pk booster at 1/6 to 1/4 tsp. I add my epsom salts/molasses mix throughout veg and flower. Only add the pk booster for 4 weeks or so in flower, then a couple weeks of food, then start a flush. I add that epsom/moleass up until flush from seedling. Im having the best plants Ive ever had in one gallon smarties, with a smaller system/light, just trying to push em to max out. But MC rocks. JME

badmofo529

Insanely Active Member
just works better for me handwatering, I'd try it in hydro, but its the best one parter Ive used period and Ive tried em all since bout 2000. I use 2.5 grams per gallon on veg, up to 5 for a few weeks in flower, back to 2.5 grams with added their pk booster at 1/6 to 1/4 tsp. I add my epsom salts/molasses mix throughout veg and flower. Only add the pk booster for 4 weeks or so in flower, then a couple weeks of food, then start a flush. I add that epsom/moleass up until flush from seedling. Im having the best plants Ive ever had in one gallon smarties, with a smaller system/light, just trying to push em to max out. But MC rocks. JME
I agree on the hand watering vs hydro with this stuff. If I was running hydro I would probably use Jack's 321 over megacrop

Dirtbag

Really Active Member
I got a bag yesterday in Canada from Amazon. Certainly is the V2 bag, and it has little white flakes in it that refuse to dissolve. Anyone else noticing this? Not sure I'll be able to use this stuff in my rockwool setup, Its gonna plug up my Y filter constantly.

Dirtbag

Really Active Member
I emailed them and got a reply from greenleaf, turns out the white powder is gypsum. It wont dissolve in a concentrated stock tank mix but should fully dissolve in the diluted nutrient solution. fyi.

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
I just do the hokey pokey shake a lil longer, cuss a few times, and it seems to dissolve for me. Again, Im only doin a gallon at a time, but Im impatient as hell, I shake the shit out of it a few times. double check the bottom and pour. I get those on the initial shake or the second shake but that third shake usually takes care of them. jme

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Geeze I did renovations....little did i know the gypsum was good i thought it was a pain in the ass and clogged my filters :eek:

I have the feed sack of MC. I will use it in veg for sure and i think try 1 flood and drain and a few pots with MC full run. If I have problems with it I will use it just for veg.

Cheap is good but pain in the ass and chasing stupid things is not.

But maybe....the shit will work aces for me. I will hit the thrift store and see if i can get some cheap containers to hold the powder!

And it is the giant sack...i have 2 years of MC now :D I am sure i can get something to love it.

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
Just some ideas I use a 3gallon ice cream container for bulk storage. For daily use I use a gateraid bottle. Small mouth keeps moisture out. Use a long spoon from say a blizzard or peanut buster parfait. And weigh. I don’t seem to have a problem with stuff settling out. Flood and drain really has nothing to clog.