Meatmans Never Ending Grow Journal

Meatman

Meat Master
He is on eBay as ucandewit...just find him on there and message him and he will you give his phone number I just text him now he is a awesome dude if your really interested I can ask him if I can give you his email and you can email him
My first kit I got is 750 watts at the wall and I paid $700 and the one I just got is 600 watts at the wall and I paid $500 but they are the best lights I’ve ever had

Meatman

Meat Master
Just a heads up. He has a website too. Www.growdaddyleds.com (pictures don't work that well for me) so I use eBay for that. I kinda thought the prices were cheeper on the website. At the very least no one is paying eBay using his site.
I didn’t even know he had a website lol I just text him and tell him how much I want to spend and he throws the kit together and sends it to me it’s pretty painless

Meatman

Meat Master
Just tried out my Lux meter on the new light I have the lights 18 inches from the tops and I have 65000 and at the lowest branches it’s around 45000 is that where I want to be?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Just tried out my Lux meter on the new light I have the lights 18 inches from the tops and I have 65000 and at the lowest branches it’s around 45000 is that where I want to be?
A little high for my liking, but I think it depends on environment too. I keep mine around 40k but that also keeps my temps in the right range without blowing out my exhaust on full speed, etc.

See what your plants like and watch some vids. I can only tell you what I use. People use more.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I dim mine a bit, then lower it towards the plants to the right lumens. I just don't like full power or full speed on most stuff, because there's no room for adjustment in one direction. Kills equipment faster too.

Meatman

Meat Master
A little high for my liking, but I think it depends on environment too. I keep mine around 40k but that also keeps my temps in the right range without blowing out my exhaust on full speed, etc.

See what your plants like and watch some vids. I can only tell you what I use. People use more.
The info is so messed up I was just reading a thing and it says you want around 85000 but than another says maximum 50000 but optimal is 40000

Meatman

Meat Master
I dim mine a bit, then lower it towards the plants to the right lumens. I just don't like full power or full speed on most stuff, because there's no room for adjustment in one direction. Kills equipment faster too.
Ya my fans are at like a 1/3 but my lights are full power I guess I’m gonna have to play with it a couple grows until I find my sweet spot

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The info is so messed up I was just reading a thing and it says you want around 85000 but than another says maximum 50000 but optimal is 40000
Exactly - which is why I am not telling you definitive - just what works for me - but that there are other factors to consider.

Watch the plants and see if they like it. If so charge on. If not you have a baseline in mind to adjust from

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
FWIW I don't care about electric bills - cheap here. But I want plants that aren't struggling or stressed if possible.

Meatman

Meat Master
FWIW I don't care about electric bills - cheap here. But I want plants that aren't struggling or stressed if possible.
Ya I for me my bill is around $200 a month but I have a big house and a tv in every room with 2 kids so I’m not to worried

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I just didn't want you to think that "saving electricity" was a factor LOL

I keep my house at 72 year-round just for the plants :)

Meatman

Meat Master
I just didn't want you to think that "saving electricity" was a factor LOL

I keep my house at 72 year-round just for the plants :)
Ya my house is at 68 I’m a butcher so I’m in a 60 degree room all day so 68 even feels hot haha I actually have heat and ac in my room tho so I can regulate the temp that way

Meatman

Meat Master
Wondering if anyone has ever ordered from htgsupply.com was going to order soil off of there wandering if they ship discretely or does there package scream I’ve got a grow op in my house lol