Making dabs by evaporation of alcohol w/o HEAT

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
@gwheels posted over at pH about an alcohol extraction machine he bought, but he said it's pretty pricey.
He got the Source Turbo, I think Gweedo uses that as well.....$600 machine. It makes the extraction and returns the everclear instead of evaporating it. So @ $20+ a 750l bottle how long would it take you to use that many bottles.but that's here...Everclear can be a bit higher priced elsewhere. I'll do about 4 bottles a year.maybe a hundred bucks. I don't need that machine but I do want it :) I'm just gonna watch the folks running theirs for now and start setting some sheckles aside in case there is al decent sale.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
He got the Source Turbo, I think Gweedo uses that as well.....$600 machine. It makes the extraction and returns the everclear instead of evaporating it. So @ $20+ a 750l bottle how long would it take you to use that many bottles.but that's here...Everclear can be a bit higher priced elsewhere. I'll do about 4 bottles a year.maybe a hundred bucks. I don't need that machine but I do want it :) I'm just gonna watch the folks running theirs for now and start setting some sheckles aside in case there is al decent sale.
Yeah, it can be expensive in some states. The last 750mL bottle I bought out here was $40 and most places in MA still don't carry it because it was banned here for so long. I do get your point, but the convenience has a value, too. I just spent $225 on a Levo 2 machine and it makes infusion so easy that it's worth it to me just to not have to deal with all the cleanup.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I recently purchased the source turbo. I am waiting on 1 gallon of EC to arrive and then i will REALLY give it a go.

So far i made 6 grams of RSO.....5 grams of not quite all the way there hash oil and 3 grams of wax that was tasty.

I will try a vacuum purge and see if it is easier to remove the exess EC and then i should be able to make shatter consistency easier.

The darker oil is very stupidfrying.... A pin line of that on a doob paper pumps up the stone a wee bit...and then some.

If I get the hang of it....will i ever even use the rosin press? Actually sure...i can QWET the pucks..... Lets have a bit of EVERYTHING.

I have a mason jar in the freezer full of buds and EC been there a week...That is going to be nasty but....oh the sleepy drops it will make. Tincture (Thans @BigBallzWillie for intriguging me enough to start making it).

30 grams of pine tar kush...30 minute wash = Bedtime Tranquilizer. i have 2 dropper bottles full...and whats really good is it tastes like honey....and terps and not shit....its getting BETTER.

Its meds so whatever....I can eat buds out of the ardent....just weigh them first (100% transfer so 1 gram of buds is 200mg of THC at 20%)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Just wanted to share something mathical that I fingered out with the decarbed stuff :unsure: 😁

Hash is roughly 40%-50% THC. This means one gram has 400-500mg THC in it.

Washing the hash in bulk can be a brain-fuck trying to know the THC content of "X" ml of alcohol. Here's the cool thing I figured out. As long as you know the weight/THC coontent of the material you started with, you just wash it. Use as little alcohol as you can but wash it twice, or let it sit and shake it a lot. - Doesn't matter.

When you are done you temper it like they do with moonshine to get it the 'proof' you want.

If you put 1g (400mg) of decarbed hash into 10ml of everclear, you should then have 400mg/10ml or 200ml/tsp.

You can extrapolate that real easy even high :cool: Over several harvests I collected 75g of hash and decarbed it. No matter how much alcohol I end up using, I could let it evaporate back down to 750ml if I used more. But 100mg per tsp is still a LOT. So after I'm done with this batch it'll get thinned out to 1500ml. Any kind of rig for a coffee filter works fine but if you're careful most of the mudd stays at the bottom of the jar and you can get the first run through the filter pretty quick.
IMG_5220.JPG

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
You can dissolve any bullshit oil in hot hexane, and then continually wash with saturated saline and continually filter the layers that statify until it's pure. There's a nice write up on the skunkpharm website I'll see if i can post it.

View attachment 84744

"
To put this process into perspective, I once collected all of my pipe bowl scrapings and roaches until I had about a pint of them, and dumped that into the container of black denatured alcohol, that I had been cleaning my pipes in.

I shook the mixture well and let it soak for a day to extract the material from the roaches and scrapings, before straining it through a wire strainer and then a coffee filter.

Because I didn't want to mess up a separatory funnel with the black foul smelling mess, I poured the solution in a 1 gallon Ziploc bag, to which I added equal amounts of water and hexane.

After shaking it well, I hung it from one corner, to let it stratify, and after it had, I clipped off the lower corner of the Ziploc bag, and by pinching it, and controlling the bleed rate, I was able to bleed off the water, alcohol, and emulsion layer, so that only the now gold hexane solution remained.

I filtered the hexane and poured that into a Pyrex pie plate, which I blew air over with a fan to evaporate off. Attached are pictures of the amber oil that I extracted.
"

He is describing a slightly different method than what is posted at the beginning of this comment, but its almost the same process and the first method discussed in this post is the second (and preferred) method given in the full write up from the link posted. Check the link to get all the details. The pictures above are of his nasty roach-bong-alcohol-soup and how clean he was able to get it using the lesser performing of the 2 methods described.
@Bustenbeans
I started this a while ago for extraction purposes. Butnever made the leap.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
I see some trim on the horizon myself. I only alcohol extract bud, no low end at all. Keep in mind that the weed has to be both dry and decarbed to extract well.
1) I am leaning toward ice water hash as the solution.....I only have to freeze it/get it cold. Then run thru the washer. I have all that stuff too, so that helps.
2) Also thought/thinking about dry ice, not sure how it works with green trim....
3) then there's a Blasting tube.lol......needs some drying but then go directly to dabs

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
I see some trim on the horizon myself. I only alcohol extract bud, no low end at all. Keep in mind that the weed has to be both dry and decarbed to extract well.
1) I am leaning toward ice water hash as the solution.....I only have to freeze it/get it cold. Then run thru the washer. I have all that stuff too, so that helps.
2) Also thought/thinking about dry ice, not sure how it works with green trim....
3) then there's a Blasting tube.lol......needs some drying but then go directly to dabs
What do those washers go for. That seems like the cheapest option

What do those washers go for. That seems like the cheapest option
13:20
If you have ALOT alot to process get yourself a nice heavy duty mash paddle(or boat paddle :ROFLMAO: ) a couple brute trash cans with some good quality bubble bags. Hell I think somebody on here actually rigged up and standard clothes washing machine and then ran it through some panty hose if you wanna go super thrifty.