Making dabs by evaporation of alcohol w/o HEAT

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
A bro of mine has been putting his lowers and trim into moonshine and creating dabs.
He gives it a day I think,in the alcohol. Maybr a few shakes, strain it, and let it sit out.
This method will take a couple weeks. But almost foolproof.
Whos got time to cook this shit.
Personally I have alot of trim ive been trying to find a spot for.
I'm gonna need a bunch of alcohol now Hahah!!

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
The alky will strip the thc in minutes. I've done what you're talking about and it's more like RSO than dabs or rosin. It's a bit runnier........no matter I did fire some up. :) Not my thing, did not enjoy smoking it. The buzz was very dumb dumbed. To me it was like smoking resin from a pipe.
I never made dabs with butane but rosin is tenfold better than the evaporated alky/weed sludge.
ymmv

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Quick wash ISO is good.

Freeze everything and put the herb in with the Isopropyl for only a minute then begging to filter it.

Evaporate the ISO and you should be left with something that is almost shatter like.

You can wash it a couple more times, with the quality reducing each time.
If you let it set longer and try to get all the goodies in the first wash, you can press the hell out of it then just strain the liquid through a finer seive grade before evap.

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
A bro of mine has been putting his lowers and trim into moonshine and creating dabs.
He gives it a day I think,in the alcohol. Maybr a few shakes, strain it, and let it sit out.
This method will take a couple weeks. But almost foolproof.
Whos got time to cook this shit.
Personally I have alot of trim ive been trying to find a spot for.
I'm gonna need a bunch of alcohol now Hahah!!
30 day wait in everclear, shake a lil, let evaporate half or all way off. Super strong tinc by itself, or infuse with an oil. Super strong. See people even letting go all way, then scrape like iso wash, then adding it to vg or dabbing. Calls em paddys

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
source turbo machine from #extractcraft
600$ but ive seen some impressive results.
No runny alky sludge
View attachment 82268
Also he uses charcoal filters. And a vacuum purge. But @Gweedo s got his shit in point
Lol, you won't be getting what Gweedo gets without some effort and equipment. That's a bit more involved then then the method you describe in the first post. :) That stuff he's making looks awesome though.

@Old ST1R makes a good point about the quick wash..........it will get you some nice looking product. Easy and you don't need a lot of equipment.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
30 day wait in everclear, shake a lil, let evaporate half or all way off. Super strong tinc by itself, or infuse with an oil. Super strong. See people even letting go all way, then scrape like iso wash, then adding it to vg or dabbing. Calls em paddys
That's the stuff!
Lol, you won't be getting what Gweedo gets without some effort and equipment. That's a bit more involved then then the method you describe in the first post. :) That stuff he's making looks awesome though.

@Old ST1R makes a good point about the quick wash..........it will get you some nice looking product. Easy and you don't need a lot of equipment.
Ur right. Def not like my method.

Deez. Nutz

I've found when making qwiso the best evaporative container is a silicone pie plate.

You can add heat, or let it evaporate on its own, when done it is easily scraped off the silicone with zero mess, and no sticking.

Allows you to reclaim all your product. You can even freeze it, roll up the silicone container and you don't have to scrape anything.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
The quality is higher with shorter wash times. It’s almost solid hash vs an oily liquid.

If you’re after volume, longer wash times do that, but the quality is lower.
I wash it for only 30 seconds per wash. The colder the better. I use Ethanol 95% and 5% Alcohol. Keep screens filters and tools in the freezer.
Spatula is your "best friend" in this process.
The trick is not releasing the "Chlorophyll" from the plant material. The longer you leave it in "solvent" the "greener" it will become.
It will make your stomach upset if you get too much "Chlorophyll" in your product.
It's an "art form" like anything else.

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
I've found when making qwiso the best evaporative container is a silicone pie plate.

You can add heat, or let it evaporate on its own, when done it is easily scraped off the silicone with zero mess, and no sticking.

Allows you to reclaim all your product. You can even freeze it, roll up the silicone container and you don't have to scrape anything.
I notice the silicone thing is what makes backpacker bongs better than glass lungs. Hot soapy water clean.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
You can soak oveif you can get a hold of some dry ice it can get your ethanol down to -40 ish I soaked that run in the pic for 30 mins no green at all with the cold temps, I'm gonna go longer next go I feel I still could have pulled more
I've never tried dry ice before. I was just thinking about making some. I have a bottle of Ethanol. I've been pressing everything here lately.
I'd rather smoke a real nice joint myself, but that bubble hash Sticky posted, made me wanna break out the washing machine and make some bubble now. I am so confused. lol