M4S73R's Lazy Organic No Till Garden

I dont bend them over, your right. But I do crush the main stem. Thats why I call it "light" supercropping. Some people call it just stem crushing. LIke i do everything you would do when super cropping accept bend them over at a 90° angle. The other 6 plants took it well. As you can see they bushed out a bit more, the tops didnt get much taller allowing the side branches to catch up. I never worried about bending them over because they can break. I'm not looking to do that much damage.
When you say crush em do you mean like Kushman Chiropractic?

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
I dont bend them over, your right. But I do crush the main stem. Thats why I call it "light" supercropping. Some people call it just stem crushing. LIke i do everything you would do when super cropping accept bend them over at a 90° angle. The other 6 plants took it well. As you can see they bushed out a bit more, the tops didnt get much taller allowing the side branches to catch up. I never worried about bending them over because they can break. I'm not looking to do that much damage.
Ya im like u too.. I consider super croppn to be crushing the main stalk or any stem .. Resulting in a knuckle forming where u pinchd stem/stalk.
I start doing this at young age all the way til up to flower.

m4s73r

The Laziest
When you say crush em do you mean like Kushman Chiropractic?
yeah kinda like that. I dont go all the way down the apexial stem and do this. I just do it about 3rd node from the top. And I "crack" it in all 4 directions.
What is the purpose of crushing the stem without bending it over?
It slows the growth of that particular stem for several days. How many days depends on the amount of damage you do. Trial and error is the best way to learn the amount of damage to inflict.
Street nailed it.
Ive always kinda judged it like this. If i give a single pinch (where i feel the stem collapse under my fingers), thats 2 days to heal.
If I pinch it all the way around the stem in the same place, wiggling it back and forth so its kinda "floppy" I'm looking at 3-5 days to heal.
If i fold it over hard and really bend it down below the other branches, it could take up to a week-10 days to heal. (I dont really ever go this hard. If its like that, I just top it)

Now while the main stalk is healing, auxins are being redirected to the other side branches that have not been damaged allowing them to arrive at the same height as the main top. From there, I can easily manage the levelness of the canopy by doing single pinches on whatever is showing to be the main top. Mostly. This of course does come down to genetics. Some plants handle this process very well. Some dont or need to be really bent at a 90 to get it to work. with what I know now about both Jack and NLB so far during this veg stage, they will both get topped after thier 4th node and supercropped to end of stretch. When I dont know the genetics im working with I dont like to hard supercrop em until I know them.

m4s73r

The Laziest
Got all the clones today and have flipped em. I dont do anything special on flip. I just change the timers to the new times. I did spray them down with aloe after I finished up getting clones in cups. Now the fun begins. Thankfully other then adjusting the light and getting the pvc up, nothing left to do till harvest.

1639724420019.png

1639724431745.png

m4s73r

The Laziest
Here is the living soil bed. I tell you what, Jack is going to be a biggun in the back corner. I may even have to get back there and trellis it away from the Kali47.

1639980331367.png

Hugel Bed is crusing right now. Next friday ill get in and do some pruning. Trellis will go up next weekend. That Northern Lights Blue in the back corner didnt fill out as nice as I would have liked. I am planning a full bed run of that. We will see after stretch is over. So far C99 and Pineapple express are looking great.
IMG_20211219_173840_395.jpg

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
Here is the living soil bed. I tell you what, Jack is going to be a biggun in the back corner. I may even have to get back there and trellis it away from the Kali47.

View attachment 103463

Hugel Bed is crusing right now. Next friday ill get in and do some pruning. Trellis will go up next weekend. That Northern Lights Blue in the back corner didnt fill out as nice as I would have liked. I am planning a full bed run of that. We will see after stretch is over. So far C99 and Pineapple express are looking great.
View attachment 103464
Lookn good dude. Can def tell which one is the c99 with distint sawtooth leaves.. 👍

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN

My son has recently gotten into hugel beds (veggies though) I was a bit of a sceptic at first but the proof is in the pudding he made a believer out of me...your girls are happy that for sure....

yeah kinda like that. I dont go all the way down the apexial stem and do this. I just do it about 3rd node from the top. And I "crack" it in all 4 directions.

Street nailed it.
Ive always kinda judged it like this. If i give a single pinch (where i feel the stem collapse under my fingers), thats 2 days to heal.
If I pinch it all the way around the stem in the same place, wiggling it back and forth so its kinda "floppy" I'm looking at 3-5 days to heal.
If i fold it over hard and really bend it down below the other branches, it could take up to a week-10 days to heal. (I dont really ever go this hard. If its like that, I just top it)

Now while the main stalk is healing, auxins are being redirected to the other side branches that have not been damaged allowing them to arrive at the same height as the main top. From there, I can easily manage the levelness of the canopy by doing single pinches on whatever is showing to be the main top. Mostly. This of course does come down to genetics. Some plants handle this process very well. Some dont or need to be really bent at a 90 to get it to work. with what I know now about both Jack and NLB so far during this veg stage, they will both get topped after thier 4th node and supercropped to end of stretch. When I dont know the genetics im working with I dont like to hard supercrop em until I know them.
So I tried your "single pinch" method to try and slow down a couple branches on a recently sent to flower cut of J.James BCL and it totally worked!
I gave them a single pinch(yellow arrows) and now all her surrounding branches have caught up to them inside of 2 days and everybody is much more even. Thanks for sharing those tips m4s73r, another wrench in my canopy management tool box. (y)
BCL-D3 H2-D2 LSBW-D11 B Pinch.jpg

This is where things are at today. 2 5x5 tents, Powered by ChilLed x5s, with 2 4x4 beds. One bed is soil that is now 7 years old, and has had a 23 runs through it. The other bed is a Hugel Kulture Style bed. Home made soil, with half the bed filled with wood. Its about to start its 2nd run. Basic recipie, Baccto Professional Gardeners mix, Mushroom compost, EWC, Back to earth Cotton Burr, Vermiculite, Alfalfa Mulch (went on top of the wood with some of the cotton burr), Craftblend From Buildasoil. Pretty easy mix.

View attachment 101833View attachment 101834View attachment 101835

View attachment 101836View attachment 101837

Living soil bed, This is ready to have some clover growing on it. Ran into a sow bug issue. Ate everything. We got them knocked out with some sluggo Plus and the clover is starting to slowly come in.
View attachment 101838
Hugel Kultrue bed is ready for plants.
View attachment 101839

In my veg tent we have our next round of seeds.
Got the following seeds going.
Jack Herer
Kali 47
Pineapple Express
White Strawberry
Sage N Sour
C99
Northern Lights Blue
Critical

Far right i got 2 slackers, G13 Blueberry Headband and GSC. In the back I have 2 that never popped, SSH and Painkiller XL

View attachment 101840

Not sure what direction yet. I need to make a choice. Im considering dropping in 4 in each bed. Im also considering dropping all 9 that are ready into one bed and leave the GSC out.

Veg tent is lit by a ChilLed mono rail with veg board. Still getting used to the power on that thing. I had some leaf damage from the light.
Awesome man. I didn't know you were over here too.

m4s73r

The Laziest
Well had to raise the lights again today. A couple of these dont like the light intsity as much as other. The White strawberries (front right second pic) had a whole mess of twisted leaves this afternoon. So got the lights up and seems to be doing better. I got the underside trimmed up on the living soil bed and the back to plants in the hugel. The front 2 plants in both beds are the most uniform. Should be interesting to see how things come on.

1640378346162.png 1640378415945.png