Let's Build a Press

I purchased this unit a while back. I know it was pricey but i love a good quality piece of equipment and it did not disappoint. I think one of the most impressive parts would be the BVA pump set up. I looked around and you would have between 6-700 hundred tied up in pump set up alone. That all comes assembled. The hand pump seem to fit my needs the most space wise and there are cheaper hand pumps available none of them had any good reviews. With the amount of pressure you are dealing with i just wanted something well made at least that is what i was telling myself when shelling out that many Franklin's.
Thanks for posting this because it reminded me that I have an Enerpac hand pump laying around collecting dust. It already has the ports for the pressure gauge and it will allow for a much lower profile overall. I think I'm still going to stay with the existing design for the standard jack because it will be much easier for others to replicate and cheaper also. It'll cost me more to buy the low profile cylinder jack than the standard jack. I can't remember what the hand pump was rated for but I dont think it's 12+ ton. I'm thinking it was around 4 ton.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Thanks for posting this because it reminded me that I have an Enerpac hand pump laying around collecting dust. It already has the ports for the pressure gauge and it will allow for a much lower profile overall. I think I'm still going to stay with the existing design for the standard jack because it will be much easier for others to replicate and cheaper also. It'll cost me more to buy the low profile cylinder jack than the standard jack. I can't remember what the hand pump was rated for but I dont think it's 12+ ton. I'm thinking it was around 4 ton.
I know the BVA is a 20 ton unit but IMO you just do not need Anything more than a 4 ton unit. The most pressure i have applied so far is around 3000 psi and rely only needed around 22-2300psi.. I believe i have herd good things about the Enerpac pumps. Make sure to post some pic of your build.

I'm over killing everything on this build. The press frame itself should hold up to 30-40 tons. I haven't ran any calculations on it but I know 30 at the least. I'm also making it wider and deeper than necessary so if for some odd reason in the future if I want to go to 4x7 or 5x9 I can just by making new plates(no reason to because I'm only providing for myself). The press plates I plan to make will be thicker than average but my theory behind this is that it will provide more of a heat sink and more stable temps during pressing. I will hopefully learn from this and help others. You wont regret what you over build but you will regret what you under build. I do plan to have a set of steel plates to trade out with the aluminum plates and use it as a regular press for bearings and what not when not squishing goo.

BerryNice

Super Active Member
Most people just smoke flowers my state is still not legal

I have only seen and tried wax one time in my life

What do with the bud after u press it just toss it or can be used for other things?

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Most people just smoke flowers my state is still not legal

I have only seen and tried wax one time in my life

What do with the bud after u press it just toss it or can be used for other things?
I do naked pressing( no mesh bag not me) I just throw them away the puck when i am done. Some folks using the mesh bags save them and try to reclaim the left overs with ethanol. The second picture shows the goodness left over after press. Third picture is the booty

Attachments