Let It Always Sow A Seed Of Memory

Texagonian

Outlaw
Fuck all i did not know you could do that. A green light? Thanks for the tidbit!
No problem, you can use a green light to go in and inspect plants and do other things like spray if necessary that you wouldn’t be doing with lights on and it does t mess with your light cycle. Also, if you have another rope ratchet for your light, if you pull the individual cables from the carabiner and run them one side per ratchet it won’t spin and be unstable like it probably is. Just trying to help.✌🏻

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
No problem, you can use a green light to go in and inspect plants and do other things like spray if necessary that you wouldn’t be doing with lights on and it does t mess with your light cycle. Also, if you have another rope ratchet for your light, if you pull the individual cables from the carabiner and run them one side per ratchet it won’t spin and be unstable like it probably is. Just trying to help.✌🏻
Yeah, my light is spinning like a top. I will take all the help I can get. I actually tied the damn thing up with garden twine to stop the spin.

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
I went through that at first with the ones I have. I have three of the viparspectra 450w. Sold one, have two just sitting now.
I've got that shitty Jomitop 300W reflector in this tent and a 300w reflector viparspectra in my flower tent. Should have 3 more of the viparspectra lights on the way soon. They won't be bad until i can save up to get the boards or CMH lights. I've got some side lighting but they mostly just suck power and flop over so ya know. You aren't using the 450s? How did you feel they worked?

Texagonian

Outlaw
I've got that shitty Jomitop 300W reflector in this tent and a 300w reflector viparspectra in my flower tent. Should have 3 more of the viparspectra lights on the way soon. They won't be bad until i can save up to get the boards or CMH lights. I've got some side lighting but they mostly just suck power and flop over so ya know. You aren't using the 450s? How did you feel they worked?
They work good for what they are but I happened across a smoking deal for two 315 cmh set ups so that’s how I’m rolling at the moment. Donated all my thousand watt stuff a few years ago because I was downsizing and the market here was flooded with gear so I just donated it to habitat for humanity and used the tax write off. Mine are not the par series, just a veg and bloom switch. Excellent for veg and seedlings and maybe a single plant per fixture.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Some strains are really prone to herm...GG4 real glue can throw balls...cake...a bunch of strains.

Those strains need less motivation than others to nut up...but i think heat stress is WAY worse for causing the problem...and if you have a light leak and heat stress...and you happen to be growing glue...

HOT nutes too...if you are continually past 1000 TDS...its stressful.

Light stress (Too many pounding phontons combined with heat usually)

Or you want to show your best friend who pops over...its in dark but it will only be a minute....

ETC....

Ive done it twice to myself...I look out for it better now. And nothing changes the darkness when its lights out.

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
I just donated it to habitat for humanity and used the tax write off.
You can donate grow lights to habitat for humanity?

@gwheels my flower tent is going to be my veg tent. It is a bit smaller than my new tent so i think i will need more room in flower. And it is the new tent with the leaks around the quick view windows. I'm thinking of just taping it up. I don't have any friends so no problem there. Lol. I've never had beginning PPM higher than 900 depending on the plant. Heat stays in the high 70s. The RH scared the shit out of me last night in the new tent. It was at 88% but dropped to a nice 47% by this morning.

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
So they definitely enjoy having more room to spread their leaves. I'm letting them dry all the way out before I water though i know they are due for a feed. Once I chop the bagseed I'm moving that light to this tent until my others get here and using the bagseed tent to dry for the next few days.
20200127_012039.jpg20200127_012050.jpg20200127_012101.jpg20200127_012109.jpg

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
Just so it is recorded: I finally bit the bullet and ordered an Apera pH pen. The crappy one i got for Christmas is always wrong and I don't want to risk my plants on a shitty reading. I couldn't afford a Bluelab pen so i got the second recommendation.

socaljoe

Cocaine Cowboy
Just so it is recorded: I finally bit the bullet and ordered an Apera pH pen. The crappy one i got for Christmas is always wrong and I don't want to risk my plants on a shitty reading. I couldn't afford a Bluelab pen so i got the second recommendation.
Very cool. I've been using my Apera pen for over a year now and it has been reliable and consistent. It's a quality piece of equipment, so don't feel like you settled. (y)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Yep. I'm in a big transition here. Began growing, and then smoking more, and now I can't grow to keep up. Personal meds grower, and always looking to improve where it counts. Bigger plants in veg = more meds.
Not necessarily so... Think smaller (3gal?) plants, short veg, and a rotation.

If you have a "grow", then harvest it, dry it, cure it, smoke it, and are still waiting for the next "grow" to be done - think about having a new 2-3oz plant ready for smoke every month. With fems you drop a seed or two a month, with regs, enough to keep that in fems.

You'll actually see your stash grow rapidly once the second and third run harvest.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@Seed of Memory just catching up, been busy.

You mentioned Robert Bergman. I started out with his seeds (ILGM) Here's a cool article - and all the links up top for their other content)

Learned a lot on their forum, but it was Dutch based and they never heard of the 1st Amendment - kind of like trollitup…

What I noticed it that his seeds are reliable, and fairly boring if that makes sense. It's the McDonalds business model of seeds. You know exactly what will grow, they guarantee germination and will replace those that don't germinate, but you can only eat so many happy meals before you are ready to move on...

sandman83

Super Active Member
Not necessarily so... Think smaller (3gal?) plants, short veg, and a rotation.

If you have a "grow", then harvest it, dry it, cure it, smoke it, and are still waiting for the next "grow" to be done - think about having a new 2-3oz plant ready for smoke every month. With fems you drop a seed or two a month, with regs, enough to keep that in fems.

You'll actually see your stash grow rapidly once the second and third run harvest.
what a concept...to have a stash =P. I'm hoping my 2nd or 3rd run will turn out better!

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
@H.A.F. I must be really high because I don't remember mentioning Robert Bergman. Lmao. I did go to his site and read some articles after it was recommended. And now I get at least an email a day from them. I did mention Ed Rosenthal. Fuck, I'm losing my memory! 😂. I've still got seeds from my seedsman order and i just plan to purchase future runs from one of the breeders here. Interesting post on the moon though. The McDonald's of seeds? That is great! Lol