Lemon Frosting by Greenpoint

Choco8

Insanely Active Member
Pheno #3 is dry. Absolutely exquisite stuff, and it's not even cured yet! A powerful creamy-minty-vanilla aroma and flavor to die for. Don't even care about the low yield on this one. A really special, elegant pheno. I pressed some rosin and just about cried when I tasted it for the first time - the aftertaste is out of this world.

Number 3 Frosting Dry.jpg

Number 3 Frosting Dry x.jpg

Choco8

Insanely Active Member
Another round of Lemon Frosting #4 drawing near. Supercropped these girls even more severely than last time and got some monstrous colas for my efforts. Less fluff to deal with as well. Probably going to be just around 9 weeks overall to finish. Great strain!

2 phenos of Dawg Lemons coming up next.

Lemon Frosting Number 4 Sept 13.jpgLemon Frosting Calyxm Sept 13.jpgLemon Frosting Calyx Sept 13.jpg

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Probably going to wait until tomorrow unless people scream "CUT IT NOW, YOU FOOL!" en masse :LOL:
Great pics but I think you're too deep in the weeds for headstash. Back up and look at the plant and see what she says. I like milk. Milk is ripe, amber is over-ripe. In the one pic I see both a white and a brown pistil. So if the entire plant looks like that with a lot of new growth (new clear trichs) then waiting seems legit. If she has that powdered sugar look with the pistils mostly brown and shrunk, kill the bitch! :)

Choco8

Insanely Active Member
Pretty much how I judge it - I am not going exclusively by the appearance of the trichomes, I'm also waiting for the terpenes to become a little more apparent, which happened last round right on the last day. And the "sugar look" thing you mention - it's still not quite there, and still a good quantity of white pistils present.

So wait it is!

Choco8

Insanely Active Member
OK down it comes. Almost all fully swollen milky trichomes now, a few brown ones appearing. Also getting the aroma I was waiting for. Finally! Should be a relatively pleasant trim - this strain is very easy to wet trim compared to a lot of others, and my ruthless leaf and small branch removal program eliminated almost all the tiny annoying fluff. Still going to be a long night, but I'm psyched - big fat colas are fun to trim!

9 weeks ( 63 days ) of flowering.

LF4b Sept 15 scope 2_.jpgLF4b Sept 15 scope 1_.jpgLF4b Sept 15 Side Cola3_.jpg

EpicAngel

Truth Seeker

Choco8

Insanely Active Member
How do you get these good upclose pics?
Beautiful plants!
Thanks! I am using a fairly inexpensive digital microscope I got on Amazon : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08G4Y6C65/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
(FWIW it's on sale now)

I like this one because it has a stage to put things on and a geared column to hold the scope -there are handheld ones that use the same scope, but are pretty hard to use or take good images with. It takes pretty good pictures and the screen is pretty good too for the money. I use a black piece of cardboard to put my samples on so I can slide it around on the stage to see different parts of whatever it is I am looking at, whether it's buds or a tick that bit me lol!

Choco8

Insanely Active Member
"OK down it comes"- Me, late Thursday.

In fact, it did NOT all come down! In the interest of science, I cut down the one (smallest) plant which seemed to be ahead of the others, and let the others ripen for a full two more days. And I'm glad I did! The sugar build-up just over those two days was amazing -very visible, solid white heads everywhere.

9 weeks +3 days

Lemon Frosting Sept 18 Last Day CloseUp.jpgLemon Frosting Sept 18 Last Day CloseUp1.jpgLemon Frosting Sept 18 Last Day2.jpgLemon Frosting Sept 18 Last Day.jpg

"OK down it comes"- Me, late Thursday.

In fact, it did NOT all come down! In the interest of science, I cut down the one (smallest) plant which seemed to be ahead of the others, and let the others ripen for a full two more days. And I'm glad I did! The sugar build-up just over those two days was amazing -very visible, solid white heads everywhere.

9 weeks +3 days

View attachment 119879View attachment 119880View attachment 119881View attachment 119882
Yeah I'm thinking Heisen really made something special with his Lemon Frosting :love:
Just GORGEOUS looking Bud Choco8, Great Job and thanks for sharing all your sweet pics with us!

Choco8

Insanely Active Member
Yeah I'm thinking Heisen really made something special with his Lemon Frosting :love:
Totally agree. Super happy with this pheno. The other 3 I had were also very interesting and enjoyable. Hard to go wrong with this strain!
Really glad I held out on the bulk of it - these little scopes are really useful for tempering my desire to harvest based on the naked eye.

EpicAngel

Truth Seeker
Thanks! I am using a fairly inexpensive digital microscope I got on Amazon : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08G4Y6C65/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
(FWIW it's on sale now)

I like this one because it has a stage to put things on and a geared column to hold the scope -there are handheld ones that use the same scope, but are pretty hard to use or take good images with. It takes pretty good pictures and the screen is pretty good too for the money. I use a black piece of cardboard to put my samples on so I can slide it around on the stage to see different parts of whatever it is I am looking at, whether it's buds or a tick that bit me lol!
Thank you so much!!!!