Lemon Frosting by Greenpoint

Choco8

Insanely Active Member
Finally running with the cool kids. :cool:

So I'm pretty excited about these, being a huge fan of both lemony terpenes and thick-ass frosting. Hoping to get both!

Here's 4 of the seedlings at about 1 month, all looking a bit different. There was a 5th contestant, but that one just kind of frizzled out for no apparent reason while everyone else thrived. The #2 seems to have the longest internodes and narrowest leaves so far. #4 is the strongest veg grower, with branches all over the place already. I'm going to let them veg for another week so I can get a good harvest of clones from each.Lemon Frosting 1.jpgLemon Frosting 2.jpgLemon Frosting 3.jpgLemon Frosting 4.jpg

Choco8

Insanely Active Member
Another look at the 4 contenders. #3 and #4 are the most similar, with more of an Indica look and really short internodes.

Number #1 - This one is a few days ahead of the others.
Mar 28 LemFrost 1.jpg

Number #2: My favorite growth pattern so far, nice and open, not crowding itself, and moderate leaf width.

Mar 28 LemFrost 2.jpg

Number #3

Mar 28 LemFrost 3.jpg

Number #4

Mar 28 LemFrost 5.jpg

Choco8

Insanely Active Member
Ok so FINALLY got these cooking. Switched to 12hr. on May 23. Looking lovely. Getting some strong spicy/diesely aromas so far in all phenos.

Here are two of the phenos - #3 and #4. I tried flowering the #2 mum, but it stretched too much, so that pheno is "archived" for now. The #1 pheno is the shortest of the bunch and in the far corner, I'll get pix of that in the next update.

Both the #3 and #4 stretched quite a bit after the switch to 12. Both of these phenos were topping out below the trellis level seen in the images, and both have stretched 12" -18" above that and are still gaining height almost 4 weeks into flowering.

The #3 is slightly less stretchy that the #4, with smaller more sativa-like leaves and a lighter complexion. The early flowers on both have a delicate feathery appearance with long curly-ended pistils.

Anyway, I'm super psyched about these and will have more pix coming as they start to show their stuff even more. Dawg Lemons is next!

On to the images...

This closeup of #3 reminds me of Thai with it's exotic looking slender leaves. Something about that inner set of tiny leaves that point downwards:

Pheno 3 close.jpg

How much the #3 stretched - everything above the trellis line. Please ignore the monstrous experimental Red Hot Cookies pheno #1a in the background:
Pheno 3 stretch.jpg

This is #4. A little further along it would seem:

Pheno 4 close.jpg

Pheno #4 stretch factor. This one is going to be a good yield methinks. Going like gangbusters:
Pheno 4 Stretch.jpg

#4 bonus round:Pheno 4.jpg

Attachments

Choco8

Insanely Active Member
Getting close. The number 3 Lemon Frosting has the strongest lemonene terpenes at this point. Number 4 is more subtle right now but looks like a better yield.

Some calyx images from yesterday.

Lemon Frosting #4 pheno

Lemon Frosting 4.jpg

Lemon Frosting 4 2.jpg

There are 2 variations of Red Hot Cookies in the same room.

"Original" RHC

Red Hot Cookies Original.jpg

Red Hot Cookies Original 2.jpg

New "Mango" RHC pheno. The dominant aroma in the room. Very strong veg growth and huge colas.

Red Hot Cookies Mango Pheno.jpg

Red Hot Cookies Mango Pheno 2.jpg

Choco8

Insanely Active Member
Pix from tonight.

The rarely seen Lemon Frosting #1, tucked away low in the corner. Nice buds, but not branchy enough for my taste. Would be great for height-limited spaces:

Lemon Frosting Number 1.jpg

4 images of Lemon Frosting #4, my fave overall:

Lemon Frosting Number 4 c.jpg

Lemon Frosting Number 4 a.jpg

Lemon Frosting Number 4 b.jpg

Lemon Frosting Number 4 d.jpg

2 of the Mango RHC beast in the other corner. Thing is mad. Hard to get a good shot of it's gangly magnificence. I had to wire it up like three times to control it's long heavy colas going every which way. Gorgeously strong mango aroma:

RHC Mango a.jpg

RHC Mango b.jpg

Choco8

Insanely Active Member
Lemon Frosting #3 was the first to finish and get the chop. Not a huge yielder, but very exotic looking with great resin and a pronounced vanilla/lemon aroma.

LF Number 3 Chop Day.jpg

The Mango Red Hot Cookies Giant Pheno was next. This thing was impressive as hell. Long branches everywhere with monstrous burgundy colored, heavily frosted berry-mango colas trying to hold themselves up on wire-thin branches.

A calyx on harvest day:

Mango RHC Trichomes Ripe.jpg

The monster before going down: ( this is after I chopped some branched out of the way!)
Giant Mango.jpg

Attachments

Lemon Frosting #3 was the first to finish and get the chop. Not a huge yielder, but very exotic looking with great resin and a pronounced vanilla/lemon aroma.

View attachment 117560

The Mango Red Hot Cookies Giant Pheno was next. This thing was impressive as hell. Long branches everywhere with monstrous burgundy colored, heavily frosted berry-mango colas trying to hold themselves up on wire-thin branches.

A calyx on harvest day:

View attachment 117561

The monster before going down: ( this is after I chopped some branched out of the way!)
View attachment 117563
Killer run Choco8 and I think I pulled your #3 pheno when I grew H's Lemon Frosting. Can't wait to try again and see if I can get your #4 to pop up! :love:
Oh and thanks a bunch for teaching me a new trick with what I can do to an overgrown scrog with a few wire coat hangers. (y)
thinking-think.gif