Led build

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
What happens when you connect 2 12v batts in serries? What happens when you connect them in parallel?
Two 12V batteries in series will put out 24V with the same Ah capacity of one of the batteries. Two 12V batteries in parallel will put out 12V with double the Ah capacity of one of the batteries.

Two 12V 150Ah batteries in series = 24V 150Ah
Two 12V 150Ah batteries in parallel = 12V 300Ah

Streetpro09

Tester
What happens when you connect 2 12v batts in serries? What happens when you connect them in parallel?

Not sure what this has to do with resistance. Adding another battery is not adding resistance but more volts/amps.

Two 12v batteries in series will double voltage.
Two 12v batteries in parallel will double amps.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
@Proud420 I get what you're saying but the way @TerpyTyrone is putting it, at least with my understanding, is that if I wired these in series I would need to worry about high voltage. Not sure how 300v is going to come out of a 30v driver.
Like i aaid in the beginning. Im no pro. I was a commercial electrician using AC and I have electrical knowledge. But this is the shit i neeed to get straight in my head before I ever give advice

Streetpro09

Tester
Like i aaid in the beginning. Im no pro. I was a commercial electrician using AC and I have electrical knowledge. But this is the shit i neeed to get straight in my head before I ever give advice
Hell yeah man I totally understand. I wasn't trying to be a dick. Was just trying to show you that what you were saying didn't add up. Electrical is kinda confusing to start and if your not good with book learning is even harder.

Hell it took me 2 years of automotive in high school plus a year and a half of tech school plus 3 years of on the job learning and applying what I learned in school to grasp how electrici really works. That's just DC. I have no idea about AC. Lol

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
Hell yeah man I totally understand. I wasn't trying to be a dick. Was just trying to show you that what you were saying didn't add up. Electrical is kinda confusing to start and if your not good with book learning is even harder.

Hell it took me 2 years of automotive in high school plus a year and a half of tech school plus 3 years of on the job learning and applying what I learned in school to grasp how electrici really works. That's just DC. I have no idea about AC. Lol
I have a desire to,learn this stuff. But time is of the essence. Thats why i stick,to,what I know. I am only reverberating what a fellow compadre on here told me. As fas as batteries and such. I have no idea. We're talking apples ajd oranges. Sure a battery is dc. But it doesn't grasp what a driver does. It will TF outta your lights. Just saying. Ig I had time and money. I'd invest im building these fuckers and shipping em around the country. It tales capital and ability. I have neither. I just wanna understand where u are thinking of these as something that takes its 24v and then passes on the rest. It's an led light. I need to brush up on ohms law. I thought it was v=I × R. maybe not. So as I add resistors the voltage goes up, no?

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I have a desire to,learn this stuff. But time is of the essence. Thats why i stick,to,what I know. I am only reverberating what a fellow compadre on here told me. As fas as batteries and such. I have no idea. We're talking apples ajd oranges. Sure a battery is dc. But it doesn't grasp what a driver does. It will TF outta your lights. Just saying. Ig I had time and money. I'd invest im building these fuckers and shipping em around the country. It tales capital and ability. I have neither. I just wanna understand where u are thinking of these as something that takes its 24v and then passes on the rest. It's an led light. I need to brush up on ohms law. I thought it was v=I × R. maybe not. So as I add resistors the voltage goes up, no?
Adding resistors will lower the voltage. This is why you’ll commonly see a resistor added to a simple LED indicator light that is on a 12VDC circuit.

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
Not sure what this has to do with resistance. Adding another battery is not adding resistance but more volts/amps.

Two 12v batteries in series will double voltage.
Two 12v batteries in parallel will double amps.
Just thought talking something you can relate to.

Resistance really dosnt have much to do with wiring led in series or parralel except for line loss.
Running 2 12 v batts in parralel the voltage stays the same and amperage output can be doubled.
Running them in series v doubles amps stay the same.

Same with led if you run the all in parralel they all need the same voltage. If you run the same ones in series you have to add.

Example.

10v led that handle 1 amp.

10 in series require 100v@1 amp = 100wat.
10 in parrallel require 10v@ 10 amp =100wat.
You end up with the the same light just wired different and a different driver.
Now which would have less line loss? Wich is more dangerous.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
Just thought talking something you can relate to.

Resistance really dosnt have much to do with wiring led in series or parralel except for line loss.
Running 2 12 v batts in parralel the voltage stays the same and amperage output can be doubled.
Running them in series v doubles amps stay the same.

Same with led if you run the all in parralel they all need the same voltage. If you run the same ones in series you have to add.

Example.

10v led that handle 1 amp.

10 in series require 100v@1 amp = 100wat.
10 in parrallel require 10v@ 10 amp =100wat.
You end up with the the same light just wired different and a different driver.
Now which would have less line loss? Wich is more dangerous.
Well put!