leaking grommet help!

Green_256

What's a SIP?
I think the blukhead would be a better seal kinda going overtop of the hole instead of in it bro . Pretty much not brown noseing but heisens been at this forever seen threads from 2009 he started i would take others advice with a grain of salt his you can take to the bank
I agree with you there, but if we're being honest, I can go find and buy one, but I don't have the slightest clue as to what I'm doing, or how it works! and also I have zero access to the inside of this thing, what ever I do, has to be done from the outside! do those things work like that? can it be done?

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
I agree with you there, but if we're being honest, I can go find and buy one, but I don't have the slightest clue as to what I'm doing, or how it works! and also I have zero access to the inside of this thing, what ever I do, has to be done from the outside! do those things work like that? can it be done?
I will be watching as well@Green. I have no idea what they mean by this bulkhead thing. I thought that was a wall.

Green_256

What's a SIP?
I will be watching as well@Green. I have no idea what they mean by this bulkhead thing. I thought that was a wall.
one of my buddy's sent me this, his idea, was apparently almost the same as heisens, I'm being told they are basically the same thing, now I'm just trying to figure out exactly how they work and how they go on!

thanks a ton for the help guys! I'll post tomorrow the results and how things went!!! I appreciate it, thank you all!media_5cc794e4bbdf95.03576186_1ee85ba807fa52eecef81bc88a851b12aa021994b231366cf331e8737504460b.jpg

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
one of my buddy's sent me this, his idea, was apparently almost the same as heisens, I'm being told they are basically the same thing, now I'm just trying to figure out exactly how they work and how they go on!

thanks a ton for the help guys! I'll post tomorrow the results and how things went!!! I appreciate it, thank you all!View attachment 4873
Ok now i see what what heisen is talking about. If he would have said thru-hull fitting i would have gotten it . Either way would require access to the inside and you have a plant in there correct?

Green_256

What's a SIP?
Ok now i see what what heisen is talking about. If he would have said thru-hull fitting i would have gotten it . Either way would require access to the inside and you have a plant in there correct?
yeah man, not only a plant, but the entire tote filled with soil, plus 2 plants, plus that "hole" is in the "rez" in the very bottom of the dam thing! as I was saying impossible to have access to the inside...unfortunately

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Ok back to getting it sealed up. Here is another thought . They sell a product called plastic weld. It comes in a double tube dispenser. When you are pushing down on the plunger it comes out mixed together. You could run a seem of that around the grommet. Also that product drys fast

Green_256

What's a SIP?
Ok back to getting it sealed up. Here is another thought . They sell a product called plastic weld. It comes in a double tube dispenser. When you are pushing down on the plunger it comes out mixed together. You could run a seem of that around the grommet. Also that product drys fast
I have seen that before, seems like it would be worth a shot, I just wonder what em1 would do to it, to be honest with you. I couldn't believe my eyes when I realized that the em1 completely made the hit glue disappear, didn't leave a single trace that it was ever even there! that's really my only worry, but I guess it's worth a shot to just try it, worst comes to worst, Ill just have to swim into my flower room again

Green_256

What's a SIP?
Could you drain the reservoir, clean up the hole with a razor or drill and pop in a new grommet?
technically yes kinda! right now, I've got the leaking side, propped up about 4 ish, inches, I could pull it out, drill a bigger hole, and then try to squeeze in a bigger grommet, but that still leaves the issue of being able to put it in, with only access to the outside, it's a pain in the ass to get one in when the sip is empty! much more if I accidentally pushed too hard and the grommet went all the way in or something

Green_256

What's a SIP?
that actually may be a good idea! I'm gunna sleep on it, it's on my list to do, first thing in the am! so I've got to pick one of the options! just hope it's the right one lol

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
technically yes kinda! right now, I've got the leaking side, propped up about 4 ish, inches, I could pull it out, drill a bigger hole, and then try to squeeze in a bigger grommet, but that still leaves the issue of being able to put it in, with only access to the outside, it's a pain in the ass to get one in when the sip is empty! much more if I accidentally pushed too hard and the grommet went all the way in or something
Any thoughts as to how you are going to redrill that hole

Green_256

What's a SIP?
You said that you've got the grommet end propped up 4". You should be able to dry it off with towels and a blow dryer, then hit it with silicone sealant or bath and tub sealant. Let it sit propped up overnight and you should be fine to finish out this grow. Then you can do a more permanent repair.
but your missing the part about the em1 man, that's my concern, I've got no clue what it can or can't eat through, to make the super glue disappear it's gotta be able to eat through some things, I'm thinking about just trying the most expensive shit, then duck taping it to hell. if that don't work, then I'll have to try and drill it out, or one of the other ideas, this thing is massive! 2 plants and should yield me close to 2 pounds I'm hoping! so not going to mess it up

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
but your missing the part about the em1 man, that's my concern, I've got no clue what it can or can't eat through, to make the super glue disappear it's gotta be able to eat through some things, I'm thinking about just trying the most expensive shit, then duck taping it to hell. if that don't work, then I'll have to try and drill it out, or one of the other ideas, this thing is massive! 2 plants and should yield me close to 2 pounds I'm hoping! so not going to mess it up
I don't see were you got much choice. That silicone is pretty tough. Is that the WC in that sip we are talking about?

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Maybe go to a marine store and get a small tube of good 3M marine grade silicone.