leaking grommet help!

Green_256

What's a SIP?
yeah can you believe it, yes I'm in the hydro section! lol

this is kinda hydro related, so I was hoping I might get the best help here!

I have a major leak, pictured below, it's how I measure how much water is in my rez, well it obviously leaks! and bad! holds around 10 gallons of water. so as you can imagine, this is a major issue!

so just a tad bit of info you should know, I use em-1 in my rez, I know first hand that em1, has eaten through hot glue in the past!!!

so I'm looking for ways to seal her up! hot glue isn't an option, hopefully one of you guys may have some in site for me!

thanks a ton!!!
CM190119-045010003.jpg

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
yeah can you believe it, yes I'm in the hydro section! lol

this is kinda hydro related, so I was hoping I might get the best help here!

I have a major leak, pictured below, it's how I measure how much water is in my rez, well it obviously leaks! and bad! holds around 10 gallons of water. so as you can imagine, this is a major issue!

so just a tad bit of info you should know, I use em-1 in my rez, I know first hand that em1, has eaten through hot glue in the past!!!

so I'm looking for ways to seal her up! hot glue isn't an option, hopefully one of you guys may have some in site for me!

thanks a ton!!!
View attachment 4868
Flexseal!!! LOL Green where is it leaking at specifically?

Green_256

What's a SIP?
Flexseal!!! LOL Green where is it leaking at specifically?
see the rubber grommet? at the very bottom, I tried moving it around, nothing helped, basically I screwed up on the hole, is what I think!

whats this flexseal? and where can I get it? are you 100% sure it will work, remember I know for a fact that somehow em1, completely disintegrated hot glue in the past, which is why I'm worried. can't come home to Noah's ark in my flower room again!

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
see the rubber grommet? at the very bottom, I tried moving it around, nothing helped, basically I screwed up on the hole, is what I think!

whats this flexseal? and where can I get it? are you 100% sure it will work, remember I know for a fact that somehow em1, completely disintegrated hot glue in the past, which is why I'm worried. can't come home to Noah's ark in my flower room again!
No i was joking. I have never used it .

Green_256

What's a SIP?
well fuck me, I would say I'll could stop it up with my dick, but I may fall through, not enough dick...

but for real guys, I gotta figure out something, my only idea, is about a 1/4 roll of fucking gorilla tape! lol and just go fucking ham!

Green_256

What's a SIP?
I feel a good grade of silicone would work if you could keep it dry for 24hrs
that can be done, I have a confession to make. I was too lazy to take a pic of the leaking one, lol, this pic I showed isn't even of the same sip that's leaking, lmfao

I actually have the leaking sip sitting on an angle, used some crap to pick up the one side a few inches, till I can figure out wtf to do, any chance you have a recommendation for a type of silicone, I can't say I know much about that stuff

Green_256

What's a SIP?
A new bulkhead from lowes and some pipe. No sealant on earth will stick to plastic unless its 50 dollars a tube.
pvc glue really isnt glue, it melts the pvc to form the bond.
sorry don't mean to sound dummer than yall already think I am, but...

what's a bulkhead? and I can be at Lowe's I'm 20 min!

Green_256

What's a SIP?
Dow corning makes a good clear or consider a marine grade silicone from a marine store. I would kind of feather it out ( the silicone) from the grommet
I kinda like that idea, and to take it an extra step, after that, I could then duck tape it to hell and back! only need to finish this cycle, then I can trash the tote, and grab another, they are super easy to make

Waxman420

I think the blukhead would be a better seal kinda going overtop of the hole instead of in it bro . Pretty much not brown noseing but heisens been at this forever seen threads from 2009 he started i would take others advice with a grain of salt his you can take to the bank