Kratky method

Will Uncle Rom have a successful harvest for his 1st kratky attempt?

• Hell Yeah

Votes: 13 86.7%
  • Fuck No

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
I remember chemistry experiments from school boiling water with it. And I’m unsure of the vinegar in hydro...I run primarily soil.
I will first experiment with partial filtered to get a lower starting ph. (While there’s something in that bucket fer now 😬😆)
Next I’ll see what’s up with the vinegar just for you homie. I’ll see if it can hold a day or two without swinging out a control.

Then if nothing works I’m poppin open an old battery armed with a turkey baster.. or turkey basterd if you d rather
👍

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
Ok so in true kratky form I did not put any effort into procuring ph down. I’ve been just adding lots daily at 1300 ppm @6.2ph.. haven’t checked what the res is at in a good 4-5 days. Should be dece. I’ll figure something out to get it lower if I see deficienskeez
31457008-573A-4406-A183-C4A7C1DC02B3.jpeg
Isa mans world. I feel good. I look good and I smell good.
CB2A286B-CEBE-4F0D-B288-95967E27DA40.jpeg
0B566CF4-B1AD-4144-B808-F6ADB62BC8B4.jpeg
65128B3D-CC0E-4B35-855E-C162396424E5.jpeg
513D1739-F3D9-480B-8C53-64E8474A947F.jpeg

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
Ok so again in true kratky form.. I drove 6 hours to visit a gromie. Scored him some bud and seed and he gave me most of a bottle of the good shit.
F82CD8AE-70BF-4A8F-A297-A47B72154409.jpeg
Never fear tho. Now we got a whole new problem.
Gave the plant a new fresh mixture at 5.7ph last night.. now there is water on the floor and very little left in the res.. I think I sprung a leak.. could it be that a thin, semi transparent smiley face bucket is not the best option?! 😆

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
And you doubted yourself or thought it couldn’t be done...
Haha ya man. Apparently, keep it clean and change the res out plenty and this shit is easy. One thing tho.. the ph swing is enormous lol. Prob cause the water standing still. I have a small water pump for a fountain in my shed somewhere.. I could just toss it in there to basically stir the water constantly for me 😆

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
Haha ya man. Apparently, keep it clean and change the res out plenty and this shit is easy. One thing tho.. the ph swing is enormous lol. Prob cause the water standing still. I have a small water pump for a fountain in my shed somewhere.. I could just toss it in there to basically stir the water constantly for me 😆
Which way is it swinging? I use air pumps but mine still almost always swings up in veg and down in flower

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
Hydros all about sterilization top offs and weekly res changes. It's stupid simple imo.
Your roots look good as fuck bro, I like how they grow like straight down... Mine are always in a big spherical blob lol
Swinging up. Have you tried root trimming yet bro? When they're young promote more rooting in the net pot area. Helps secure an unstable plant as well. I used to get root blobs but haven't in a while. Haven't done anything different really that I can think of except maybe getting a lot better at this. My roots have been looking like uncs.

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
Hydros all about sterilization top offs and weekly res changes. It's stupid simple imo.

Swinging up. Have you tried root trimming yet bro? When they're young promote more rooting in the net pot area. Helps secure an unstable plant as well. I used to get root blobs but haven't in a while. Haven't done anything different really that I can think of except maybe getting a lot better at this. My roots have been looking like uncs.
No, not in hydro. Just on my mom's in soil. But I might give it a try on one and see how it goes... When do u start? And how much you usually take off?