Keeper male?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2835
  • Start date

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Also - anyone comparing cannabis to any other form of industrial agriculture is pretty lame. The sheer number of traits and genes contained in the plant is vastly more than any other cash crop. And the more we learn the more we know we don't know about everythig that is in there and how it works. From terps to flavinoids, all cannabinoids, thiols, esters, all interacting in each plant in a different way.

After doing a lot of reading and listening to breeders on podcasts I think trying to select a "keeper male" requires more time and effort than many are willing to put into one project. Testing lots of seeds to see what he gave that others didn't and having to test the seeds from those other males too...

We have no clue genetically what traits we may be excluding from a strain as we select for certain other traits. IMHO if making seeds I'd want to use every male in available and keep that line pure and wide open.

We don't know what we don't know, and there won't be enough research until it is federally de-scheduled and federal grants start flying to buy votes. Universities will also be getting funded by big pharma to find this or that specific thing they can put in a pill and sell. All the Big Ag and Big Pharma will dump shitloads into R&D to try and mold the plant into what they need or figure out how to replicate it in a lab.
it needs to be freed from the laws aginst it.

D

Deleted member 2835

It sucks this was the first time I've ever had a hermie...20+ years of growing too.