Keeper male?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2835
  • Start date

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The French Macaron is a really nice strain. MK ultra can be hit or miss. I bought a pack of it in like 2006 and it was honestly the best pot I had ever smoked at the time.. rebought it a couple years ago and no where near the same thing
FYI - watch the French Macaron like a hawk. Mine tossed nuts a few days shy of 8 weeks.
French Macaron
F/M
Female/Male... :cool: ;)
F*ck cookies and its crosses. Platinum or whatever I have no use for it.

D

Deleted member 2835

FYI - watch the French Macaron like a hawk. Mine tossed nuts a few days shy of 8 weeks.
French Macaron
F/M
Female/Male... :cool: ;)
F*ck cookies and its crosses. Platinum or whatever I have no use for it.
Good to know thank you!

Lanestrainley

Really Active Member
Not sure the chemical name, but the trade name i have heard is "ethyl-block" or something like that with cooler spelling or something. Supposed to work same as STS or CS on a female just blocking ethylene instead of inducing it. I also heard DO NOT SMOKE anything treated with it. You can look but don't puff ;)

Lanestrainley

Really Active Member
Ethephon, it’s sold as Monterey and Shift @3.9% Ethephon, it’s very useful for stopping hermies, cancels out light leaks and other stresses like that such as power outages and schedule mix ups, also works well to produce female flowers on male plants to show what they may pass on, smell and what not, but when you stop applications the flowers revert back to male, spray only on nodes, once a week.

For females in flower and you want to stop the stretch, spray on day one day seven and day 16, light mist, nothing more than that, and use with transport. Using it like this is like using a height controlling pgr, which it is, but it’s not harmful because it’s quickly converted into ethylene.

Then if you’re worried about hermies, spray day 7 and 15-16. This has worked well and while it’s expensive it’s has multiple uses and allows one to run risky or untested gentics.

I find it does impart a certain taste though, for me it’s hard to describe, but it’s like a metallic taste, once you know what you’re tasting it’s impossible to not notice it. Up here (Canada) the store bags can have that taste to varying degrees. Obviously mostly the cookies strains. I stopped using it because of that, but also why even keep strains that you need that for?

Lanestrainley

Really Active Member
Not sure the chemical name, but the trade name i have heard is "ethyl-block" or something like that with cooler spelling or something. Supposed to work same as STS or CS on a female just blocking ethylene instead of inducing it. I also heard DO NOT SMOKE anything treated with it. You can look but don't puff ;)
Ethephon, it’s sold as Monterey and Shift @3.9% Ethephon, it’s very useful for stopping hermies, cancels out light leaks and other stresses like that such as power outages and schedule mix ups, also works well to produce female flowers on male plants to show what they may pass on, smell and what not, but when you stop applications the flowers revert back to male, spray only on nodes, once a week.

For females in flower and you want to stop the stretch, spray on day one day seven and day 16, light mist, nothing more than that, and use with transport. Using it like this is like using a height controlling pgr, which it is, but it’s not harmful because it’s quickly converted into ethylene.

Then if you’re worried about hermies, spray day 7 and 15-16. This has worked well and while it’s expensive it’s has multiple uses and allows one to run risky or untested gentics.

I find it does impart a certain taste though, for me it’s hard to describe, but it’s like a metallic taste, once you know what you’re tasting it’s impossible to not notice it. Up here (Canada) the store bags can have that taste to varying degrees. Obviously mostly the cookies strains. I stopped using it because of that, but also why even keep strains that you need that for?

Mudballs

You just recommended a highly dangerous substance...
Can cause eye burns and permanent tissue damage. Substance is harmful if absorbed through the skin.
Large exposures may be fatal - Can cause chemical burn. Spray mist concentrations may be harmful.
High concentrations may be fatal. Harmful if ...

MSDS (material safety data sheet) search
...dude says it imparts a taste, lol...
"Yeah let me get 2 bottles of ethaphon, a #3 supersized, and a large Dr.Pepper please, that's organic and gluten free right?"

Last edited:

Lanestrainley

Really Active Member
Can cause eye burns and permanent tissue damage. Substance is harmful if absorbed through the skin.
Large exposures may be fatal - Can cause chemical burn. Spray mist concentrations may be harmful.

"Yeah let me get 2 bottles of ethaphon, a #3 supersized, and a large Dr.Pepper please, that's organic and gluten free right?"
I’ll let you in on a little secret, most LP’s and licensed facilities use this in one way or another. Truth be told it’s an old trick, most everyone knows about it and if its news to you, you probably have no idea what you’re even talking about, lol.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I’ll let you in on a little secret, most LP’s and licensed facilities use this in one way or another. Truth be told it’s an old trick, most everyone knows about it and if its news to you, you probably have no idea what you’re even talking about, lol.
It is a substance that will harm or kill if smoked. Using it to check a male is fine, as long as you don't smoke it. The FDA does not approve chemical compounds based on their smokability. It's based on them being harmful if eaten, touched. smelled, etc.

Something that is safe in EVERY other industry and aspect of FOOD production is not safe for smoking.

Lanestrainley

Really Active Member

Maybe you need some comprehension lessons as well, I didn’t recommend it, I gave information about it, big difference. Stated some pros and cons. You’re the fool that thinks that SOME info means use it. I’ll be watching out for you, moron.

Lanestrainley

Really Active Member
It is a substance that will harm or kill if smoked. Using it to check a male is fine, as long as you don't smoke it. The FDA does not approve chemical compounds based on their smokability. It's based on them being harmful if eaten, touched. smelled, etc.

Something that is safe in EVERY other industry and aspect of FOOD production is not safe for smoking.
Nobody said it was approved, it’s used often though.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@Mudballs the MSDS are helpful, but check out an MSDS for almost anything and they have the same cut-n-paste legal warnings. I bet the MSDS for bottled water would surprrise you.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Nobody said it was approved, it’s used often though.
By people I want nothing to do with. You gave dosing recommendations, don't try and say you didn't recommend it.

Lanestrainley

Really Active Member
By people I want nothing to do with. You gave dosing recommendations, don't try and say you didn't recommend it.
Hardly a recommendation, you’re stupid if you think that is me telling a reader to use it. It’s telling how to use it, dumb dumb.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Water - Safety Data Sheet (chemicalbook.com)

excerpt

SECTION 8: Exposure controls/personal protection
control parameter
Hazard composition and occupational exposure limits
Does not contain substances with occupational exposure limits.
Exposure controls
Appropriate engineering controls
Handle in accordance with good industrial hygiene and safety practice.
Personal protective equipment
Skin protection

Handle with gloves. Gloves must be inspected prior to use. Use proper glove removal technique (without touching glove's outer surface) to avoid skin contact with this product. Dispose of contaminated gloves after use in accordance with applicable laws and good laboratory practices. Wash and dry hands.
The selected protective gloves have to satisfy the specifications of Regulation (EU) 2016/425 and the standard EN 374 derived from it.
Full contact
Material: Nitrile rubber
Minimum layer thickness: 0,11 mm Break through time: 480 min
Material tested: Dermatril? (KCL 740 / Aldrich Z677272, Size M)
Splash contact Material: Nitrile rubber
Minimum layer thickness: 0,11 mm Break through time: 480 min
Material tested: Dermatril? (KCL 740 / Aldrich Z677272, Size M)
data source: KCL GmbH, D-36124 Eichenzell, phone +49 (0)6659 87300, e-mail sales@kcl.de, test method: EN374
If used in solution, or mixed with other substances, and under conditions which differ from EN 374, contact the supplier of the EC approved gloves. This recommendation is advisory only and must be evaluated by an industrial hygienist and safety officer familiar with the specific situation of anticipated use by our customers. It should not be construed as offering an approval for any specific use scenario.