It's 4:19 Got a minute?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I never got anything off edibles until I tried one. The Nova from Ardent works well. I now have three, one being a spare...

Something to think about. If weed is 20% THC, that means that one gram contains 20mg of THC (20%)

Something that is specifically for decarb converts almost all of that to the usable THC. Assuming a 10mg gubmint recommended dose that's 10 doses out of a 1g nug.

I was skeptical too. It works. and you can play with strains and dosages to get a variety of effects from get-r-dun to nap-time.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I never got anything off edibles until I tried one. The Nova from Ardent works well. I now have three, one being a spare...

Something to think about. If weed is 20% THC, that means that one gram contains 20mg of THC (20%)

Something that is specifically for decarb converts almost all of that to the usable THC. Assuming a 10mg gubmint recommended dose that's 10 doses out of a 1g nug.

I was skeptical too. It works. and you can play with strains and dosages to get a variety of effects from get-r-dun to nap-time.
That's an easy way to think of it, my opinion, not a lot of weed makes it to 20% consistently. The shit they do their test results with is highly cleaned and purified to get those % numbers. The "craft" growers can reach a lot higher numbers. A lot of what makes up that resin weight % is wax and lipids. Things steered that way because of the concentrate market. 10 or 12 years ago, that number was harder to hit with those hard hitting sativa hybrids. It's hard to keep the resin heads on the stalk and are way easier to bust and smear. Now a days, you got a thick shell around the oil making it easier to make water hash. If you do that with those I was talking about, you end up with an "oil slick" on top of the water. lol
What did I just type?
I'm in that "transition stage" H.A.F, give me a few minutes to make sense. lol

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
That's an easy way to think of it, my opinion, not a lot of weed makes it to 20% consistently.
I don't even care about the %, other than using it as a base number to work from. Easy math. 19% THC is 190mg. Harder to divide in your head ;)

With each batch of stuff I do there's a trial period (large batches are best if you don't test). Using basic numbers I can get the dose close enough to work from there to see if it should be more or less without the first dose being catatonic lethargy. And it all goes by how it effects me, so it is all relative to that.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I don't even care about the %, other than using it as a base number to work from. Easy math. 19% THC is 190mg. Harder to divide in your head ;)

With each batch of stuff I do there's a trial period (large batches are best if you don't test). Using basic numbers I can get the dose close enough to work from there to see if it should be more or less without the first dose being catatonic lethargy. And it all goes by how it effects me, so it is all relative to that.
I couldn't agree with you more. I don't take edibles so I know nothing about the process,
But with your method of figuring, I don't need to know more.
I don't smoke all day, every day like some folks do. And I only smoke at home. I never drive or operate any dangerous equipment while I'm medicated/high.
I do mow the yard stoned for "medicinal" purpose. lol

Joebud

Insanely Active Member
Happy Sunday. IMG_20220814_180307271.jpgIMG_20220814_180612419.jpgHere is the one gram in a pan, broken up for a tea.IMG_20220814_180747388.jpgIt smells like brick weed.IMG_20220814_180824340.jpgHere it is boiling.IMG_20220814_182745461.jpgIMG_20220814_183209259.jpgAfter measuring the tea to one thousand cc I pour it through a tea ball evenly into two cups for two servings.IMG_20220814_183530335.jpgIt taste spicy.

Joebud

Insanely Active Member
@H.A.F. I am in Wyoming. It is what I can get without fear of imprisonment or losing everything. A small percentage of every purchase at Platte Hemp go towards gathering of signatures for the decriminalization and medical marijuana initiatives for Wyoming 2024 ballots. Everyone, please send letters to congress asking them to end prohibition. Rock and Roll.

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
A small percentage of every purchase at Platte Hemp go towards gathering of signatures for the decriminalization and medical marijuana initiatives
That bugged me... The guys making the gas station hemp are the first to go out of business when everyone can at least get budweiser weed. And these guys are chemical companies infusing bulk hemp from somewhere. They won't cross over with legality.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@H.A.F. Please post pictures of your morning bong rips and coffee on my It's 4:19 Got a minute? thread.
Just for you... I understand the lyrics of the Tool song "Vicarious" ;)

I was into pulling apart the second or third nug and remembered your request. I usually have a few strains already ground up for a quick bongrip. I have an assortment of doob-tube colors that are mixed and matched so each strain gets it's own color scheme. (whole different stoner story...)
IMG_1868 (2).JPG
So the long round-bottom tube is for what I grind up and don't smoke immediately. From there it's cleaned and ready for bowl or joint.
If I grind up a lot for pre-rolls I'll store them in the same color coded short tubes. I will do several tester strains all at once then have a set of tubes for each day of testing.

Anywhooooo - CLHP, frosty, sour, dank, citrus-chicken face punch.
IMG_1868.JPG
So I did a little collage for you with the coffee LOL I have a little tub of dry-sift I'll top bowls with if the mood strikes me. They should do a remake of that Beatles song and change it to "Happiness is a Clean Bong" instead of warm 🔫 😁
IMG_1869.JPG
Wake-n-Bake!
1660929777337.png

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
My first CLHP harvest was cured and first tested on Christmas a few years ago. Hence that color scheme ;)