Introduced some kind of disease in my rdwc

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
With cuts that I bought.

I have an 18 bucket veg site all connected to each other with a rdwc system. Bought several clones and at same time harvested some plants from my 25 bucket rdwc bloom rdwc so i moved some plants from the veg to bloom. I then placed those newly arrived cuts in my veg area. After a few days couple of the plants started growing/ perking up while couple others struggled. Ordered some more cuts.

When those came in i harvested some more plants and i notived some plants were looking not quite right inthe veg system.

I moved 3 plants out of veg and into my flower system. Put my newly arrived cuts in my veg system.

Cuts from first purchase werent exactly setting the world on fire. Those struggling looked no dfferent. Several days passed. Not much growth at all from plants i placed in flower over the last 3 weeks. Plants in veg are all getting droopy. Noticed now some smallish flies flying around.

Plants in flower that were supposed to be ready are not ready like they supposed to be. Now everything is starting to look sickly some plants worse than others. Rez changes dont help any. Noticed roots in veg are turning brown also in bloom. Even adding hydroguard does nothing.

After several weeks of battling this i then used hydrogen peroxide 2 ml per gal in my veg to see what it would do. Next day most of the plants were dead. Took plants out and noticed worm liie maggots on the roots. Wtf!?!?

I peered into the flower room buckets ..... same thing.

Plants are drooping so bad in flower they look like you didnt have the air pump on and the roots are drowning.

After a week i desposed of several plants out of flower room. Trying so save plants that are producing bud and those are looking bad.

Now up to this past sunday. These are the resorts i ended up doing because ive lost everything now. Going to see if able to kill the maggots in the roots which was on all the plants.

Bought a half gallon size of concentrate insecticide for worms, catepillars etc poured whole bottle in my system. And raised the water level up to top of buckets. Still didnt kill those bastards.
I then was thinking that soap kills bugs quick. So i turned off the air pumps and put in a gal of dawn dish soap. Then saw the little bastards crawling up the stalks of the plants that are still left in their i hadnt removed yet. I then fixed up a dish soap concentrate spray in my 1 gal pump sprayer and sprayed all over the stalks and tops of the lids, in the hydroton etc.

For shits and giggles i turned the air pumps on. Bubbles going everywhere and in the bubbles were tens of thousands of those bastards of various sizes. From super tiny to good size ones.

Well i ended up tossing out all 25 plants in flower. These plants i average 3/4 lb off each one. Set up an additional veg/quarentine site and bought more clones from a different supplier. I ended up saving a couple of the cuts i bought by taking a clone and was luckily able to sprout roots. Of the 4 i bought i immediately took a dump on me but the other 3 look fine but each are in the own dwc bucket.
Ordered 6 clones yesterday.

Lost a lot of money. Clones i bought lost 90%, lost 18 lbs of bud, lost everything in veg as well so virtually starting all over again. Takes around 2-3 months to veg to the size i want because i fim the tops constantly to get a lot of bud sites. So not going to have any finished bud in a while.

Couldnt come at a worse time for me as one of my customers picked up a lot of business and selling 4x the amount he was.

This is just 1 plant that i stuffed in this 30 gal tote. Going to the burn pile.
20200505_162119.jpg

Shitty roots
20200505_162141.jpg

You can see the little fly maggots in the roots
20200505_162150.jpg

Was some super frosty bud at week 520200505_162305.jpg

Can see on this plant how the plant was eat up that was in the hydroton. Those are the suds left over a day later after turning on the air pumps.

20200503_090128.jpg

Another plant thats dead prob around week 4

20200503_081301.jpg

This was the first plant to kick the bucket on me. Never even grew 1 inch after a couple weeks in flower. Then in 2 days time went from looking sad to this.

20200422_165818.jpg

This plant was looking like defiencies setting in and couple days later it was dead. 20200503_081311.jpg

Yep this wedding cake didnt make it. 20200503_081306.jpg

Been battling plants and depression from all this B.S. so it took a lot for me to put this all out here.
But im pulling my britches back up from the fucking i took and getting back at it.

J.James

Seed Slingin' Outlaw
Breeder
Mosquito Dunks would have taken care of your issue if you had treated them when you fist identified the pest, Looks like Drain Fly Larvae to me.
I am sorry for your loss, Really sucks....

Do you live near water?
Do you have floor drains or any open drains in your house? If so treat them

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
Mosquito Dunks would have taken care of your issue if you had treated them when you fist identified the pest, Looks like Drain Fly Larvae to me.
I am sorry for your loss, Really sucks....

Do you live near water?
Do you have floor drains or any open drains in your house? If so treat them

Not in a house but their is drains in the concrete but they only lead to the dirt outside. No type of sewer. But a fly coming inside is no problem with opening a door up.
This is the first time ive had to battle these bastards and ive grown since the early 90s

I do live somewhat close to some swamp from the backwater from the river

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
Sux man. I've had my share of failures. Think of it as a learning excersise and move on. Figure how to prevent it in the future.

Well i do know it had to be some kind of contagion i got from one of the clones i bought and introduced it into the water which spreadnto my other plants in my veg system. When i took some plants out of veg and put them in my flower system i then introduced the pathogen into my flower rdwc which spread to all those plants.

As an effect of the roots dying the flies were attracted and laid maggots down in the clay pellots. The maggots then started eating everything up and spread to all the plants through the pump pushing the water around.

Some of the plants i lost was
Peanut Butter Breath
Kush Mints
Ice Cream Cake
Sunset Sherbert
Wedding Cake
Mimosa
GMO
Mac1
Runtz
Tropicana Cookies
Wedding Crasher
Nic
Motorbreath

And these werent from seed but actual clones of those plants. Their are some others that i lost but was able to cut a clone off while looking sickly. Some have still yet to put roots out and a couple have shot some roots.

Triangle kush
Strawberry ice ( has roots)
Gg4
Orangeade
And another i cant remember

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
With cuts that I bought.

I have an 18 bucket veg site all connected to each other with a rdwc system. Bought several clones and at same time harvested some plants from my 25 bucket rdwc bloom rdwc so i moved some plants from the veg to bloom. I then placed those newly arrived cuts in my veg area. After a few days couple of the plants started growing/ perking up while couple others struggled. Ordered some more cuts.

When those came in i harvested some more plants and i notived some plants were looking not quite right inthe veg system.

I moved 3 plants out of veg and into my flower system. Put my newly arrived cuts in my veg system.

Cuts from first purchase werent exactly setting the world on fire. Those struggling looked no dfferent. Several days passed. Not much growth at all from plants i placed in flower over the last 3 weeks. Plants in veg are all getting droopy. Noticed now some smallish flies flying around.

Plants in flower that were supposed to be ready are not ready like they supposed to be. Now everything is starting to look sickly some plants worse than others. Rez changes dont help any. Noticed roots in veg are turning brown also in bloom. Even adding hydroguard does nothing.

After several weeks of battling this i then used hydrogen peroxide 2 ml per gal in my veg to see what it would do. Next day most of the plants were dead. Took plants out and noticed worm liie maggots on the roots. Wtf!?!?

I peered into the flower room buckets ..... same thing.

Plants are drooping so bad in flower they look like you didnt have the air pump on and the roots are drowning.

After a week i desposed of several plants out of flower room. Trying so save plants that are producing bud and those are looking bad.

Now up to this past sunday. These are the resorts i ended up doing because ive lost everything now. Going to see if able to kill the maggots in the roots which was on all the plants.

Bought a half gallon size of concentrate insecticide for worms, catepillars etc poured whole bottle in my system. And raised the water level up to top of buckets. Still didnt kill those bastards.
I then was thinking that soap kills bugs quick. So i turned off the air pumps and put in a gal of dawn dish soap. Then saw the little bastards crawling up the stalks of the plants that are still left in their i hadnt removed yet. I then fixed up a dish soap concentrate spray in my 1 gal pump sprayer and sprayed all over the stalks and tops of the lids, in the hydroton etc.

For shits and giggles i turned the air pumps on. Bubbles going everywhere and in the bubbles were tens of thousands of those bastards of various sizes. From super tiny to good size ones.

Well i ended up tossing out all 25 plants in flower. These plants i average 3/4 lb off each one. Set up an additional veg/quarentine site and bought more clones from a different supplier. I ended up saving a couple of the cuts i bought by taking a clone and was luckily able to sprout roots. Of the 4 i bought i immediately took a dump on me but the other 3 look fine but each are in the own dwc bucket.
Ordered 6 clones yesterday.

Lost a lot of money. Clones i bought lost 90%, lost 18 lbs of bud, lost everything in veg as well so virtually starting all over again. Takes around 2-3 months to veg to the size i want because i fim the tops constantly to get a lot of bud sites. So not going to have any finished bud in a while.

Couldnt come at a worse time for me as one of my customers picked up a lot of business and selling 4x the amount he was.

This is just 1 plant that i stuffed in this 30 gal tote. Going to the burn pile.
View attachment 57954

Shitty roots
View attachment 57955

You can see the little fly maggots in the roots
View attachment 57956

Was some super frosty bud at week 5View attachment 57957

Can see on this plant how the plant was eat up that was in the hydroton. Those are the suds left over a day later after turning on the air pumps.

View attachment 57958

Another plant thats dead prob around week 4

View attachment 57959

This was the first plant to kick the bucket on me. Never even grew 1 inch after a couple weeks in flower. Then in 2 days time went from looking sad to this.

View attachment 57960

This plant was looking like defiencies setting in and couple days later it was dead. View attachment 57961

Yep this wedding cake didnt make it. View attachment 57962

Been battling plants and depression from all this B.S. so it took a lot for me to put this all out here.
But im pulling my britches back up from the fucking i took and getting back at it.
Only take cuts from legit people man. Lesson learned

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
Crying for you brother. Recently lost a lil more than a p myself that was for myself lol. Not 18 though fuck.... Bti has worked for me though I never had anything like that happen.

This is the first time for me and hopefully the only time.

I remember Heisen having some kind of pathogen in his water when he very first started doing the fem seeds for the public. It will leave you wondering wtf is going on and nothing you do is solving it. No matter how much money your throwing at it. And to top it off those bastard maggots taking over the plants after they get sick. Just a double whammy for em.

Gweedo

PICK YOUR OWN
We'll fuck brother that absolutely sucks, I had a run in with gnats and the mosquito bite aka dunks wiped them out , should take care of whatever soft bodied creatures are living in your system, and adding an additional source of Bennie's is never a bad idea, hydroguard combined with great white is what I've been using, I only use the bits when I see something.

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
We'll fuck brother that absolutely sucks, I had a run in with gnats and the mosquito bite aka dunks wiped them out , should take care of whatever soft bodied creatures are living in your system, and adding an additional source of Bennie's is never a bad idea, hydroguard combined with great white is what I've been using, I only use the bits when I see something.

Ya i def need to run some great white. Just one source although good at what it targets is not gonna take care of everything.