Introduced some kind of disease in my rdwc

angel4us

Super Active Member
So what do you figure was the culprit here and what do you do to avoid it ??? Mosquito dunks ? I’ve heard of them but never used/needed them - I’ll have to do some research

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
So what do you figure was the culprit here and what do you do to avoid it ??? Mosquito dunks ? I’ve heard of them but never used/needed them - I’ll have to do some research
Well ive gotten rid of the maggots/ flies with a combo of those dunks and some regular concentrated insecticide i put in the water.

but even after filling up my bloom system i put 5 plants in bloom but they arent too terribly big but will produce 1/4 lb each. 4 are still perky and 1 was wilted today. I took it out and put it in my issolation tent. Roots were all brown, looked at the others roots snd they were brown as well.

I have no clue whats going on.

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
Finally after a couple months my UV lights finally come in. Have one for my veg system and another for my flower system. Been running it for a couple days. Been using the UC roots now for a couple weeks and seems to be working as well. Eventually id like to stop using the uc roots but maybe once a month and let the UV just do its thing.

20200608_154129.jpg

Its got a window up top where u can look to make sure the light is on. Very sturdy unit, specs are all over the place. Even the sheet that come with the unit says different than on this link.

https://www.thepondguy.com/product/the-pond-guy-ultrauv-pond-clarifier?gclid=Cj0KCQjwiYL3BRDVARIsAF9E4GcTcwi7W3d8jz1Zw9AEgm3K_c2QVsOG14rYmVoyoXLsVHhFpSnI1jMaAvCtEALw_wcB

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
Wanted to give an update.

Still have not stopped what is going on. The roots will grow for a few days then die. plant puts growth on then will show major defiencies and leaves start falling off. Doesn't matter if it is in my Veg system or the bloom system. Both are doing this.

I even bought a RO system to make sure the water is ok. Even add UC roots to sterize the water and this is conjunction with the UV light that runs 24/7

I have seen some crazy stuff like the roots will have little plants growing out of it. With little leaves and everything.

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
Water is crstal clear. Replaced about everything and added about everything i can think of.

This is some of the worst experiences i have gone though growing in around 30 yrs.

Thinking about trying flood and drain but i dont know ifnit will be any different

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Had you changed anything before this started happening? Did you move or Maybe the hydroton or the baskets or something? I don’t have any experience with hydro, just trying to help.

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
Been growing in rdwc for a couple yrs then all of a sudden this happened. It was about same time i had gotten some clones.
Did i get a disease from the clones? Dont know could be but you would think after fighting this for months it would be gone.