I build lights

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
From what i can tell the 600-30 and 600-54 are the same wattage (600) but different voltages (30v, 54v).

You said it's only drawing 500 from the wall which I'm pretty sure mine are right in that ballpark too. I wonder if that's because we only have 30v pushing current through the strips. I wonder if we upped the "push", 30v up to 54v, if the watts would follow suit and you get closer to the 600 watts at the wall. Granted we can't go up to 54v cause the strips aren't rated for it but these drivers are adjustable. Not sure if it'll cause accelerated ware on the diodes being driven at max voltage all the time.
The voltage is adjustable. By a couple volts. I have a qb96 that would handle the 54v @240 watts. Beast of a light

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
24v from growdaddyled
What do you guys think about running a 600-54a driver? I would think the higher voltage would be able to push more amps to the boards. I think the boards are rated at 48v if i remember right. Can that driver be turned down to 48v?

Rocman91

Sour D Fein
From what i can tell the 600-30 and 600-54 are the same wattage (600) but different voltages (30v, 54v).

You said it's only drawing 500 from the wall which I'm pretty sure mine are right in that ballpark too. I wonder if that's because we only have 30v pushing current through the strips. I wonder if we upped the "push", 30v up to 54v, if the watts would follow suit and you get closer to the 600 watts at the wall. Granted we can't go up to 54v cause the strips aren't rated for it but these drivers are adjustable. Not sure if it'll cause accelerated ware on the diodes being driven at max voltage all the time.
im fine pulling 500-540 watts the par seems right on. i just dont know if the voltage is correct. i do know that 14 lights divided by 500 watts is well below what the strips can handle watt wise.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
yeah strips are 24v ...thats what the guy sent in the kit will it be ok?
Ya. He knows they can handle it. I know the voltage is adjustable on constant voltage drivers.
With a constant current driver it will give a certain amperage but match the necessary voltage for that voltage at that amperage. V = current divided by resistance v=I/r

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
ok cool i appreciate the wisdom, i just used a wall plug wattage meter and dialed the pot too 500 watts...the other screw i didnt touch? based on my reading they said to turn the other screw all the way up and just dial in with the pot?
Ive only had one screw on my mean well type a driver. The type be has no pot and two open leads that I soldered a pot onto. The type ab has the screw and leads. I'm not sure the second screw ur referring too. U have a pic?

Rocman91

Sour D Fein
1629131320551234199181785452714.jpg
Ive only had one screw on my mean well type a driver. The type be has no pot and two open leads that I soldered a pot onto. The type ab has the screw and leads. I'm not sure the second screw ur referring too. U have a pic?
nvm I think the second screw adjusts voltage. I think I'll just leave it cranked up . Dosent seem to be getting hot or anything

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
5 lights here. 34 " heat sinks , 40 strips.
I just shipped my first light. Coming in at just under 7 lbs. Shipping is easy. HMU
2 - 392 watt fixtures for 650 beans. Shipped to ur door dismantled. 8 screws and 5 wires to the driver, 15 minutes tops to assemble.
Anoyher happy customer. 2 more to go with the other 2 I made 😃
When customers come back it warms my ❤7364.jpeg0924211812.jpg