I build lights

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
makes me worry about being so many in small space. dehumidifer on order.along with char filter/fan
You will wonder how you ever lived without the dehuey it is nice to know you control the humidity no more crossing your fingers they will be ok funny thing during seedlings early veg I have to add humidity but come mid to late flower i dump out 2-2.5 gal of water twice in 24hrs

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
You will wonder how you ever lived without the dehuey it is nice to know you control the humidity no more crossing your fingers they will be ok funny thing during seedlings early veg I have to add humidity but come mid to late flower i dump out 2-2.5 gal of water twice in 24hrs
Not funny at all; that's from the increasing leaf surface area of transpiration. It's an excellent sign of plants growing well!

When I ran 10kW of HID lights in one of my bedrooms, the air handler would drain out so much condensate that it looked like a small stream. It would fill a 32 gallon trash can in just 2 days. Then I would move the drain line to the other barrel right next to it, add nutes and pour it right back in the RDWC!

Weedkiller

Nothing but top shelf
I noticed that smd has a new line of led out and osram as well..I would think a German co would be highest quality. California light works still gets top dollar and use them correct? With all the China lights boasting Samsung diodes, can't all be top bin..any thoughts?

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
I noticed that smd has a new line of led out and osram as well..I would think a German co would be highest quality. California light works still gets top dollar and use them correct? With all the China lights boasting Samsung diodes, can't all be top bin..any thoughts?
I cant speak for any others. I use sunboards. 96 Samsung diodes. I use the 561. I'm looking for wattage at for a reasonable price.
I'm gonna build a 700 watter using 14 strips and 7 sinks and 2 lrs 350 24 drivers .
I havent strayed from his product, growdaddyled, because he warrantys his stuff for the most part. I've also only had issues on one light. I believe it was a connector issue that spawned the issue.
Anybody thinking of building a light, or want me to build an one. HMU this week as the orders gotta be in before the big shindig here in the upstate!

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Samsung has been leading in the LED field for a long time. I’d be willing to bet the Chinese manufacturers are not using top bin and are only claiming to.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
9 strains ending flower. . Gg4 x ac, we'd dub, a dub, lemon tree, banana hash, cl diesel, mac1, gsc, gmo x lt. I think the lvtk x ac I had didn't make it through my hot spell... So it gies
, a few more just went in. (Cheetah piss x sour cookies) x funeral cake, wed cake x dosidos, banana hp.
I'm never late for work, I NEVER call in, I love money. But today was a call in day!! The new cuts arrive!!!!! I'm gonna do a little more clean-up on the veg spot.
I've got the itch to build myself another light. This happens from time to time 😄 I don't "need" one, but make mine more powerful. Couple more rows of strips.... Who knows.0331220622_HDR.jpg0331220622a.jpg0331220635.jpg

Wendel

This would be a major upgrade over spider farmer sf4000? Mine is a month old and giving me issues already. The power switch doesn't work. When I try and switch off it just gets super bright.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
This would be a major upgrade over spider farmer sf4000? Mine is a month old and giving me issues already. The power switch doesn't work. When I try and switch off it just gets super bright.
It is comparable. That fixture is 479+ but is 450 watts.
A bro of mine has that same fixture. Mine give off more on the par meter at less watts. Probably the diodes I use in the strips are true Samsung lm561s.
I use one 350watt driver that gets around 390watts at full blast.
Definitely enough for 3x3 to 3x4 space in flower.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
It is comparable. That fixture is 479+ but is 450 watts.
A bro of mine has that same fixture. Mine give off more on the par meter at less watts. Probably the diodes I use in the strips are true Samsung lm561s.
I use one 350watt driver that gets around 390watts at full blast.
Definitely enough for 3x3 to 3x4 space in flower.
looks like you are stayin super busy!@Terpy Tyrone , how are you doing the grow looks real good, movin the tents helped a lot from the looks of things!

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
@TerpyTyrone u made it in from work?and back to the convo what sbout added red,blues ,will my driver handle two more strips?
Depends on your budget, but I would use separate driver for blues and one for reds so they are adjustable. 50 watt drivers with dimmer for each or something like that for a 48 watt Growdaddy strip.
Or you can purchase a controller that wires to a 24 or 48 volt driver.
I have a controller that will separate your driver into 6 adjustable channels. can run 9 channels total with driver.
Coralux Storm from Rapid Led
They have 350 watt-48 volt drivers for 20 bucks each now. Hell of a deal for a driver.
If I needed them, I'd buy 5 or 10.
@TerpyTyrone, need any drivers?

1654222513300.png

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
MW Mean Well CLG-150-48A LED Driver 153.6W 48V IP65 Power Supply Waterproof - - Amazon.com

@TerpyTyrone The link above is to the replacement for the nice cool driver that stayed cool after the lights were supposed to kick on...
I have it on a 4-strip GrowDaddy light set-up that is veg specific spectrum

Light is barely a year old, so what are my options for a driver that'll work? I tossed a 120-54A from an HLG-135 as a temp fix.

A. is that safe? It works and I figured that if something is overpowered it should be the light not the driver - I don't do electricity shit... 😁
B. That still leaves my spare board without a driver so I need to get one anyway - what are my options to pay you instead of the South American river place? I just need a driver for 4 strips that are about 50w each.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
MW Mean Well CLG-150-48A LED Driver 153.6W 48V IP65 Power Supply Waterproof - - Amazon.com

@TerpyTyrone The link above is to the replacement for the nice cool driver that stayed cool after the lights were supposed to kick on...
I have it on a 4-strip GrowDaddy light set-up that is veg specific spectrum

Light is barely a year old, so what are my options for a driver that'll work? I tossed a 120-54A from an HLG-135 as a temp fix.

A. is that safe? It works and I figured that if something is overpowered it should be the light not the driver - I don't do electricity shit... 😁
B. That still leaves my spare board without a driver so I need to get one anyway - what are my options to pay you instead of the South American river place? I just need a driver for 4 strips that are about 50w each.
Are they 24v like the one I sent u? If so. A meanwell 185-24 would work. Lmk if I can be of more assistance. I wouldbt run a 54v driver....