I build lights

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Right now I’m only running a 5x5 😞. But I plan on at least having enough space I can run a 10x10 but that all depends on we’re I locate. 😂 I’m not for sure how much of an amp draw I’m getting on the 1000 watt but I know I put it on its own 20 amp breaker with 3 inline fans. And my shop vac tent fans and intake inline fan and reservoir pumps run on their own 15 amp breaker. Lol I had the same tripping problems in the past now I just dedicate lines for shit.
Amps = Watts/Volts so 1,000W divided by 120V = 8.333A

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The recommendation is 600 watts for a 4x4. I'm using 400
:unsure: just like with the nute companies recommending more than you need...

I think the market has been geared towards dudes building out grow houses and slangin' units.
More light means more nutes means fatter flowers means more weight - that may or may not have the quality of weed not juiced on the Brawndo.

I like having more light available, but running them at 75% or less. I have roughly 300 actual watts in a 40" x 40" so about 100 watts per linear foot seems like it's enough. 200w for a 2'x2', 300w for a 3'x3' etc.

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
:unsure: just like with the nute companies recommending more than you need...

I think the market has been geared towards dudes building out grow houses and slangin' units.
More light means more nutes means fatter flowers means more weight - that may or may not have the quality of weed not juiced on the Brawndo.

I like having more light available, but running them at 75% or less. I have roughly 300 actual watts in a 40" x 40" so about 100 watts per linear foot seems like it's enough. 200w for a 2'x2', 300w for a 3'x3' etc.
It's about W/ft². You can grow with 20W/ft² but you'll get better results with 30W and even better with 40.

40 x 4x4 = 640W, 600 works great.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
but you'll get better results with 30W and even better with 40.
That is the part we're questioning. Define "better".

If you mean more yield then I'll go with that assessment.

If you mean tastier, terpier, better flowers, I have seen the opposite and I think that's where the argument is.

Like grocery store tomatoes. Those mofo's can pump out some yield but the tomatoes are lackluster at best compared to something sun grown at the house.

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical

If you mean tastier, terpier, better flowers, I have seen the opposite and I think that's where the argument is.

Like grocery store tomatoes. Those mofo's can pump out some yield but the tomatoes are lackluster at best compared to something sun grown at the house.
That's interesting because I've always gotten better taste and quality from higher light intensity.

I wonder why we get opposite results?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
That's interesting because I've always gotten better taste and quality from higher light intensity.

I wonder why we get opposite results?
My plants have just seemed happier and healthier with me doing a lot less. It's completely anecdotal. Less light is one of the many things that has changed as I have gotten better at producing good smoke.

Using less than the recommended light went with using less than the recommended nutes, now I am just organic - lots of changes.

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
My plants have just seemed happier and healthier with me doing a lot less. It's completely anecdotal. Less light is one of the many things that has changed as I have gotten better at producing good smoke.

Using less than the recommended light went with using less than the recommended nutes, now I am just organic - lots of changes.
I'm not one to judge, especially if it works, right!

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
That's why I don't argue about growing styles. Whatever works. I definitely have my preferences now, and stuff I'll avoid like the plague, but that's just me.
I actually like hearing about different people's growing styles.

Like this buddy of mine who runs really short days and long nights in bloom. Apparently he doesn't lose much yield and the quality is top notch.

It's fascinating just how versatile this plant is to grow

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
I'm working with another very takented grower to tweak my system. I need to make my methods better. Thats why we're here. And its my pleasure to have you guys talk about it here. I'm trying to automate mine a bit for three days at a time. Maybe run a little more ppm on my nutes, higher humidity??, creating auxin through fims and Supercropping. BEHOLD!!!

#:+==÷&÷2 300 WATTERS TURNED DOWN A BIT IN ONE TENT .3000K AND 400K QB132S=+%÷%×=+

IN TENT NUMBER 2 :!&#(#\÷\× ONE SINGLE TERPTY 400 WATT FIXTURE ON BLAST!!!%÷\÷*×€=#

U PICKING A SIDE!?!

0228222048.jpg0228222049.jpg0228222049a.jpg

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I actually like hearing about different people's growing styles.
I have no problem talking about what I do - that's what my thread is for. I'll answer questions, draw diagrams - whatever LOL

I am just not getting into arguments about it in other threads. Growing fully organic with worms and such is not really comparable to any other grow style. It's more like actual gardening than baking or chemistry. So there's no crossover advice or tricks other than "add some worm castings!" if someone is growing in soil :ROFLMAO:

If it's not something I'm doing - or have done - i really have no comment. Y'all do whatever, I'll look at the pictures :cool:

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
Wagos? Haha... Looks great otherwise. One suggestion, maybe consider adding a Sonoff inline wifi switch to make automating the light schedule a breeze. Nothing worse than having to waste spaces on a power strip with a bulky timer.
The connectors hidden in the junction box? Those are the cats are! Lever lock wagos 5 spaces, rated up to 14 gauge wire.
I'll look into the Wi-Fi stuff. I just picked up a Bluetooth thermostat. It records the rh, temp, dew point, and best of all vpd!
Capture+_2022-02-28-20-32-48.pngCapture+_2022-02-28-20-35-38.png

oldsilvertip

Really Active Member

i have to agree on the hot house mater thing , just not the same as outdoor ,sun grown.

oldsilvertip

Really Active Member
I have no problem talking about what I do - that's what my thread is for. I'll answer questions, draw diagrams - whatever LOL

I am just not getting into arguments about it in other threads. Growing fully organic with worms and such is not really comparable to any other grow style. It's more like actual gardening than baking or chemistry. So there's no crossover advice or tricks other than "add some worm castings!" if someone is growing in soil :ROFLMAO:

If it's not something I'm doing - or have done - i really have no comment. Y'all do whatever, I'll look at the pictures :cool:
come on @HAF i told you i was watching close ,speak up man i'm trying to match your grow . no arguments here , I just love the grows! worms and all .still trying to learn not much retension with vpd thing every now and then i get 'em to pray.