I build lights

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
I have not read through each of the pages here but I am in need of a light upgrade. 4 ft x 8 ft flowering only and I would like UV to be added in the light itself. Do you do certain kinds of lights ? Info would be appreciated.
I use 96 diode sunboards from growdaddyleds.com
I have a repertoire with him and a custom heatsink co. I can get lengths to suit whatever.
I think 6 heatsinks with 12 strips. 600 watts.
I could do 550 for the loght. Itd be 36 x 36. Shipping is 30$ usually.

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
I have a repertoire with him and a custom heatsink co. I can get lengths to suit whatever.
So if I wanted to build light bars about 4' long, what would you suggest?

This would be for a 4 ft x 8 ft tent? Or is this per 4x4? This would be for flower only and can you add UV into the build?

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
This would be for a 4 ft x 8 ft tent? Or is this per 4x4? This would be for flower only and can you add UV into the build?
Yes I can add UV. I try to get 32w/sq ft.
I would do 6 - 2700k, 6 - 2700k with added uv a and uv b.
I have the exact numbee in an email. Its somewhere around 18-24 of 96 are colored.

Yes I can add UV. I try to get 32w/sq ft.
I would do 6 - 2700k, 6 - 2700k with added uv a and uv b.
I have the exact numbee in an email. Its somewhere around 18-24 of 96 are colored.
Is it best to message you or email? I would like to work out some details and payment methods I'd prefer to keep off the forum if possible.

NoWaistedSpace

PICK YOUR OWN
Thatd be around 6 to 8 inches between strips. I get almost 400 watts out of 8 strips. It'll be around 20,000 lux @18 " away
I grabbed a 600 watt 48volt driver for 10 to 14 strips and 4 x 660 photo red and far red strips run on 2 x LDD-1000H on 4 channel board (1000mA drivers).
I like to run higher Kelvins (3500 or 4000K) for more photon intensity per strip. The 660's make up for the higher Kelvins. UV's 365 and 385nm will be run at 900mA on separate drivers. That's just one configuration to experiment with.
All ran on 3ft x 5.88 or 6.08" heatsinks from Heatsink USA.

oldsilvertip

Really Active Member
Do you have a grow journal going? With bubbling im wondering if you are an organic grow? Good compost has plenty of mg. and if you are using tap water from a municipality it should have plenty of calcium in it for organics. (Hardness report from your state should tell you).
i am trying to go organic one step at time ell of a learning mother nature has allways worked out for me till now.i need soil samples from old spots to help with my blend.

oldsilvertip

Really Active Member
No Sir! Epsom salt is great stuff because plants need the magnesium for metabolism and growth... and the sulphur? If you look at the chemical composition of most of your cannabinoids and terpenes, you'll find sulphur is an essential component!

My dry nutrient recipe is really straightforward and uses only 3 or 4 ingredients:
1. I use 5-11-26 plus micros from Chem-Gro. Find it at www.hydro-gardens.com
2. Calcium nitrate. I use Yara brand but it's the same everywhere
3. Epsom salt. I get mine wherever it's cheapest. Wal-Mart, for example.
4. MKP. Monopotassium phosphate, 0-52-32. When I do a peak bloom mix I'll add a small amount of this. A little goes a long way.

If you're interested I can give you my mixing recipes too.

It's the same nutrients, it's just pennies on the dollar compared to the water bottled nutes at the hydro store.
i still take notes ,i think might help with my grows!
Also with organics it's the long game. If my plants need calcium today adding castings isn't gonna do much. But the cover crops are also accumulators. Different plants accumulate different nutrients and if you are not harvesting the plant (chop-n-drop) it is returned to the soil and those nutrients are then available when the worms break them down.

Lots of fun science on both sides.
worms i've gotten ahold of are smaller red wigglers backyard bonus!looks like i'm doing the long game.

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
I never did check total, the ballasts can put out about 180w +/- 5w and there are 9 of them, one per bar.
So about 1600W over roughly 5'x6' or 30ft² = 53W/ft²? You must be running that beast over a bigger footprint than the light itself?