HydroRed's DIY Bubble Cloner (under $35)

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
So mine sux. You have to use the smaller size nozzle to get enough pressure to splash up against bottom of tote lid, and she does do some splashing. It does look like it will work, it does not look like it would work near as good as @HydroRed 's. Worryin bout one of the plugs comin loose and a fountain out the tote, right next to plug in or light. Brilliant. Anyhow, Sometimes I get excited. I will try it once, just to see.
Not gonna lie, it does sounds like an accident waiting to happen. Id just get a bubbler stone and hook up an air pump to it. Let the bubbles popping on the surface of the water be the wetting action for the bottom of the cuts. No worries of uncontrollable pumps blasing water. If you are married to the pump idea, then I'd get a run of 1/2" tubing and get some of the spray heads and insert them into the hose. Then you can have some more control on the pump, and not blast the cuts with that much water when the pump turns on.

Boybelue

Super Active Member
So mine sux. You have to use the smaller size nozzle to get enough pressure to splash up against bottom of tote lid, and she does do some splashing. It does look like it will work, it does not look like it would work near as good as @HydroRed 's. Worryin bout one of the plugs comin loose and a fountain out the tote, right next to plug in or light. Brilliant. Anyhow, Sometimes I get excited. I will try it once, just to see.
I build my manifolds out of pvc, drill holes and insert ez clone sprayer heads. Really cheap and easy to build.

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
Hey guys! I’m putting one of these together this weekend and had a couple questions :)

How much misting am I hoping for above the water, and how close or deep into the water should I get the base of the clone?

My container is about 7” deep and the lid gets very light misting with about 3-4” of water. I will try to put up some photos tomorrow of what I have going.

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
Hey guys! I’m putting one of these together this weekend and had a couple questions :)

How much misting am I hoping for above the water, and how close or deep into the water should I get the base of the clone?

My container is about 7” deep and the lid gets very light misting with about 3-4” of water. I will try to put up some photos tomorrow of what I have going.
As long as your stem is getting wet you are good. Don't imerse the stem in the water. I always split the stem about 3/4 of an inch on the bottom of the stem with razor blade and scrape the stem that is below the neoprene insert with a razor blade. Just fill with water just below the stem.

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
As long as your stem is getting wet you are good. Don't imerse the stem in the water. I always split the stem about 3/4 of an inch on the bottom of the stem with razor blade and scrape the stem that is below the neoprene insert with a razor blade. Just fill with water just below the stem.
Ok thank you very much! :)

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
You are welcome,. Hope you have success.
This is what I have so far. Just need to wait for the weather to clear and I’ll spray the lid black. It’s going to hold 18. The container is 16x11x7” tall and has a seal on the lid :)
9A0C02E3-CAE4-4AF0-82A0-6884A094B9F3.jpeg3A314E4A-E8AD-4ED5-94DF-F2068FDA9286.jpeg
edit: Walmart Canada - $11.99

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
This is what I have so far. Just need to wait for the weather to clear and I’ll spray the lid black. It’s going to hold 18. The container is 16x11x7” tall :)
View attachment 51289View attachment 51290
This is what I have so far. Just need to wait for the weather to clear and I’ll spray the lid black. It’s going to hold 18. The container is 16x11x7” tall and has a seal on the lid :)
View attachment 51289View attachment 51290
edit: Walmart Canada - $11.99
good start

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
I run 4 long air stones in mine from Wal-Mart. Looks like you only have 2. I also ran my air line through the upper side of the tote. Frees up 2 more sites. But looking good
Yup it needs more air. Going to try the big pump I have kicking around still. Might need some kind of stone that puts off bigger bubbles too. I’m getting like fizz on the surface

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
Yup it needs more air. Going to try the big pump I have kicking around still. Might need some kind of stone that puts off bigger bubbles too. I’m getting like fizz on the surface
Run the one you were going to sell. You will be amazed at how much air it puts out.

Stoned Cold Bulldog

This is my cloner. 2.5 gal bucket,pvc manifold,sprayer heads and a pond pump from harbor freight.

20 sites,if more are needed....2 clones per collar bam! A 40 piece. I never need more than 5 or 6 at a time tho.
Great thread Red.Props.
well u told us can you please show us ? especially the manifold and sprayer heads. I'm always looking for options. i clone old way in a cup or straight water if not in a hurry. if making a real run i use the old groclone 40+ sites worked well even though i thought of adding another stone. but truly not needed. so i'll let it be.