HydroRed's DIY Bubble Cloner (under $35)

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
The manifold and sprayer head style is really nice. If you look at how a turbo cloner is made you get the general idea.

PVC square that has a tube that goes into your water pump.

Drill the holes and screw in those red jets into the top of your manifold so that they spray up to the lid.

Thats it. Make sure you have lids on all the holes or you will have water everywhere.

They usually have roots forming in a couple of days but i have only used it a couple of times.

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
well u told us can you please show us ? especially the manifold and sprayer heads. I'm always looking for options. i clone old way in a cup or straight water if not in a hurry. if making a real run i use the old groclone 40+ sites worked well even though i thought of adding another stone. but truly not needed. so i'll let it be.
Certainly.Here goes it.
20200114_175911.jpg
Roots are stained by the feeding. If I keep them in longer than intended,they get fed in the clones.
I have since switched back to a square manifold to add a couple more sprayers.
No feed tap water only.
20200124_192804.jpg

A cup with .5-1" worth of tap works too.Just takes a bit longer.
20200223_002606.jpg20200223_002548.jpg20200119_213347.jpg

Buddha61

Really Active Member
I made similar bubble cloner recently. I had found a 4pack of like 2-3 gallon clear totes (wrapped in duct tape) at Walmart for like $8. Snagged them and drilled holes for 12 netcups on top. I tried once with 2 air stones, and it didn't go so well. Tried again, this time with 4 10" air stones (tote is about 12-14" long in total), and after 12 days, I have 5/12 with roots, about to go into solo cups. Better this time, and still going to leave the remaining one

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
I made similar bubble cloner recently. I had found a 4pack of like 2-3 gallon clear totes (wrapped in duct tape) at Walmart for like $8. Snagged them and drilled holes for 12 netcups on top. I tried once with 2 air stones, and it didn't go so well. Tried again, this time with 4 10" air stones (tote is about 12-14" long in total), and after 12 days, I have 5/12 with roots, about to go into solo cups. Better this time, and still going to leave the remaining one
All the air you can get is the way to go. I have the one designed here with 4 long airstines in a 8 gallon tote with GH 4 Port air pump and it works great.

PokerJay1983

Really Active Member
Oh damn. Thanks for the post. Reviewing now. This cloning bit is new to me. Someone scared me off on clones when was told I needed to run them 80% humidity. No co2 here just intake/exhaust and humidifiers.

Buddha61

Really Active Member
Oh damn. Thanks for the post. Reviewing now. This cloning bit is new to me. Someone scared me off on clones when was told I needed to run them 80% humidity. No co2 here just intake/exhaust and humidifiers.
I believe that would be more for cloning in dirt/rockwool/rapid rooters. Usually kept in a dome to keep the humidity high, so it isn't a high humidity in a big area. Bubble cloners/aeroponic cloners don't necessarily need such high humidity.