How easy is it to ship beans to Canada from the US?

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
Always
Always
Always put the seeds in a container of some sort. Or a bubble mailer for $1.25 at the p.o.
Geez there goes that..... Oh well. View attachment 11457View attachment 11458View attachment 11459
Any envelope type mailers always get run through rollers when they are processed at the post -which pulverizes beans if not in a protective case.
Ive even had bubble mailers arrive with crushed unprotected beans. Bummer on the beans man. I hope it was mailed personally and not from Dutch Passion. DP should know better than that.

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
Nope it was from my dumb ass, I have sent seeds that way within Canada many times and no issues , So I get to eat it and send replacements . Fucking expensive trade on my end after trading to get a few more Autos. Think I am done trading after the last couple trades , buy sell and hoard from now on.
You didnt know and thats ok, youre a personal collector/trader. Would be different if it had come from DP like that. Thats exactly why I said I hoped it was mailed personally. I dont think Terpy gonna get nasty about it. It happens.
It happened to someone I traded with (very first trade with them actually) and they offered to replace them and eat it as well as postage and all. I still trade with him to this day years later. We often just send each other "extra" beans & strains just because. What Im getting at, is I hope you will reconsider not trading.
I hear ya on the expensive part...I had a handfull of testers and prizes shipped out International on my dime at $12-21USD ea. It adds up pretty quick when you do it a lot. 🤕

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
You didnt know and thats ok, youre a personal collector/trader. Would be different if it had come from DP like that. Thats exactly why I said I hoped it was mailed personally. I dont think Terpy gonna get nasty about it. It happens.
It happened to someone I traded with (very first trade with them actually) and they offered to replace them and eat it as well as postage and all. I still trade with him to this day years later. We often just send each other "extra" beans & strains just because. What Im getting at, is I hope you will reconsider not trading.
I hear ya on the expensive part...I had a handfull of testers and prizes shipped out International on my dime at $12-21USD ea. It adds up pretty quick when you do it a lot. 🤕
Its alllll gooood

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
So major bummer for me today. The Heisenbeans I ordered when HB had the 70% off sale , plus a free pack, were delivered today. Some where in Nova Scotia, all the way across the country from where I’m at.

I’ve opened a case with Canada Post. If they don’t find my package by Wednesday, I think I’m gonna be S.O.L.
Well at least you have tracking to prove it. Keep us informed on how this turns out.
Great news today! My envelope showed up in my mailbox! Yeah!

Unfortunately, what I had purchased wasn’t in the envelope so I contacted H, and he got back to me right away saying he’d take care of it. Thanks @Heisenbeans!

SaintyMcCunt

The Convict
yeah nah mate that's not right, you fellas shouldn't be sending out testers and then having to eat the postage cost on top of that..
Granted I'm a shitty grower, not close to tester stage but just saying.. I reckon paying postage is more than fair.
Not tying to start shit, few beers in and I get chatty lol

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
yeah nah mate that's not right, you fellas shouldn't be sending out testers and then having to eat the postage cost on top of that..
Granted I'm a shitty grower, not close to tester stage but just saying.. I reckon paying postage is more than fair.
Damn if its almost 9 pm here on the east coast I wonder if ur day drinking ober yonder across the pond!?!? Cheers mate

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
And I concur. I would gladly have paid postage on HB's testers!!

Torontoke

Collector's Edition Seeds
I have sent and received quite a few packages over the border and as long as you don’t get tracking it’s never a problem with Id either way.
I used to use the bubble mailers but even those get flattened and everything inside crushed.

Just use regular envelopes with at least one extra stamp and it will eventually make it.
There’s many creative ways to protect seeds pm me if you need ideas.

It’s the delivery times that I don’t understand I’ve had packages show up in Alaska in 3 days yet New Mexico takes up to two weeks.

jpcyan

Really Active Member
Never sent beans to Canada from USA. Sent many spore prints, regular first class usps, plain white business size envelope with stamps. No tracking but no ID or signature either. Just apply correct or a little extra postage snd use legit mailing info so it doesnt appear unusual.

Have received beans from Canada many times . From the old days of EmeryDirect to recently.
Always the same. Standard envelope, crush proof material wrapped in a magazine cover or a few pieces of paper. Regular Canadian mail, no ID, signature , or PO visit needed for sender or receiver. Just correct postage/stamps. No tracking available or original breeder packaging, but its simple and effective.

I found a local company that supplied me with free sample material in black, so no transparency either.
Cut it to size needed as well.
I 've always used it when sending beans anywhere outside US. (Thailand, Ukraine, Bahamas) Talk about long shipping times.. Ukraine/Russia almost 2 months wtf!? They must be walking that stuff across Siberia. Sometimes ship in it for US as well.

There are still places to get good beans in Canada. Old school breeders too. Not as many as there once was of course.

Last edited:

18B

Master of Mayhem
Banned
Have received beans from Canada many times .
There are still places to get good beans in Canada. Old school breeders too. Not as many as there once was of course.
[/QUOTE]

I like Omuerta Genetics in Canada...webuildsoldierz.com....I will be making a grow log of some of Luke's stuff as soon as this grow is over and I can nuke my place and clean it...fuckin spider mites...
He has a few worked IBL lines etc...of which I will be running the GrapeStomperF4 line called Quetzalcoatl F4 and his OakTreeF4...just got done with a run of Bushido...awesome indica plants very tasty...
Never have any problems sending or receiving from him.

Heathenraider

Heathen Basterd
Have received beans from Canada many times .
I like Omuerta Genetics in Canada...webuildsoldierz.com....I will be making a grow log of some of Luke's stuff as soon as this grow is over and I can nuke my place and clean it...fuckin spider mites...
He has a few worked IBL lines etc...of which I will be running the GrapeStomperF4 line called Quetzalcoatl F4 and his OakTreeF4...just got done with a run of Bushido...awesome indica plants very tasty...
Never have any problems sending or receiving from him.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the link, I think I might try that Drums of War II OR Quetzalcoatl

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
for what its worth, the tracking has become a double edged sword. Since they caught the big China fent dealer that way couple yrs ago, nobody really thought they could log those ips that were checking tracking, sometimes multiple times a day. Yes, they can, lol. But I didn't have to show ID this last and only time I will prolly send to canada, fake name and addy, even got nervous and said something it wasn't, but you wouldn't know that without opening, aka same sort of pkg, etc. I still love the usps for what I've sent, received, and all uses.