How easy is it to ship beans to Canada from the US?

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
Its a cash grab for the government and an attempt to pander for votes for The shiny ponyboy Trudeau . It wont be any different in the US if National Cannabis legalization happens, the big money will lobby for laws to crush the little guys and micro businesses.
Ya, pretty much already there in the "Cash Grab" sense here in US. Feds wont change the Schedule of the drug so they can still arrest who they want.....but the State can make as much $$$ as they like by going "legal" thus providing lots of tax revenue to the Gov't on a Federally illegal Schedule I drug (same category as heroin and meth). My state says Im good, but my Gov't says Im a felon -all while pooling investors and creating and mandating fees and taxes so high, the average person cant even think about initial startup with all that on top of the actual cost of the business itself with employees, product, storefront, insurance etc.

"Drugs er bad....mmkay"
tumblr_mlmaomvpPV1r4gei2o1_400.gif

Heathenraider

Heathen Basterd
Ya, pretty much already there in the "Cash Grab" sense here in US. Feds wont change the Schedule of the drug so they can still arrest who they want.....but the State can make as much $$$ as they like by going "legal" thus providing lots of tax revenue to the Gov't on a Federally illegal Schedule I drug (same category as heroin and meth). My state says Im good, but my Gov't says Im a felon -all while pooling investors and creating and mandating fees and taxes so high, the average person cant even think about initial startup with all that on top of the actual cost of the business itself with employees, product, storefront, insurance etc.

"Drugs er bad....mmkay"
View attachment 10647
US needs to ditch the Federal Government except for foreign affairs and times of War and give all power back to the States , until that happens nothing will get better. Its all about power ,money and greed , selective justice, screw em all

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
It's funny how I read one post and think, "Okay, I can ship to Canada." Then I read the next post and think, "Okay, I guess I won't ship to Canada." lol
Sorry, I dont mean to sway anyones decision. Im just stating what I had encountered the last cpl times I went to ship International. I think it may have just been because I was doing it a lot more frequently than I previously had been?

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Sorry, I dont mean to sway anyones decision. Im just stating what I had encountered the last cpl times I went to ship International. I think it may have just been because I was doing it a lot more frequently than I previously had been?
No apology necessary. I appreciate the honest feedback more than anything else. I'm certainly not trying to get myself or someone else in trouble. It's not that serious. It just would be nice sending some seeds over to friends up north if it really wasn't a big deal. I haven't even mailed so much as a letter outside of the US. So I have no idea what would be involved regarding cost, packaging, courier, etc. Or if it was even an issue.

SCJedi

Synergist
It is getting harder and harder to do customs packages to Canada.

I was so proud of my Canadian brethren until I saw a program a few nights ago about LP's. I thought we had it bad down here. You guys went straight for big ag investors and gave no one else a chance. They are boasting millions of pounds produced. Don't these fucktards realize supply and demand? They could primarily only make flowers? WTF! The deepest pockets win! Now I understand all the securities hype over Canadian Cannabis companies. They are all LPs!

At least Big Ag cannot come into California until 2020 which gives our black market the chance to create cooperatives or group up and fight with some strategy. All temp licenses are already expiring so all of the little ones that tried to do good are all getting screwed at the moment.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
It is getting harder and harder to do customs packages to Canada.

I was so proud of my Canadian brethren until I saw a program a few nights ago about LP's. I thought we had it bad down here. You guys went straight for big ag investors and gave no one else a chance. They are boasting millions of pounds produced. Don't these fucktards realize supply and demand? They could primarily only make flowers? WTF! The deepest pockets win! Now I understand all the securities hype over Canadian Cannabis companies. They are all LPs!

At least Big Ag cannot come into California until 2020 which gives our black market the chance to create cooperatives or group up and fight with some strategy. All temp licenses are already expiring so all of the little ones that tried to do good are all getting screwed at the moment.
They are calling Canada’s legalization Prohibition 2.0 because it’s quite restrictive.

It needs to be fully legalized without restriction.

Baby steps........

SCJedi

Synergist
They are calling Canada’s legalization Prohibition 2.0 because it’s quite restrictive.

It needs to be fully legalized without restriction.

Baby steps........
Yah, everyone is the baby, stepping, except for the massive LPs acquiring a stranglehold and 100s of millions in cash from securities from stupid, greedy investors. That's gonna be pretty hard to reverse and the barrier to entry to already prohibitively high. Certainly none of us could go up against an LP at this.point without 9 figures to start. It's not going to matter with the impending glut as the market will be flooded.

So what is the scoop with the unregulated dispensaries? Can they see what ever they want to whomever they want? I'd take their side!

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Yah, everyone is the baby, stepping, except for the massive LPs acquiring a stranglehold and 100s of millions in cash from securities from stupid, greedy investors. That's gonna be pretty hard to reverse and the barrier to entry to already prohibitively high. Certainly none of us could go up against an LP at this.point without 9 figures to start. It's not going to matter with the impending glut as the market will be flooded.

So what is the scoop with the unregulated dispensaries? Can they see what ever they want to whomever they want? I'd take their side!
I think the unreg dispensaries are getting shut down slowly but surely. I think they just close one of Marc Emery’s in Van.

I believe there is still opportunity for a “small guy” here through a micro growers license, but I have no idea about the details. Also, many of the provinces’ retailers are all privatized, but they must purchase approved product, mostly through one of the LP’s.

If you’ve never heard of Aurora (an LP) check them out. They’re huge. They have one facility near Edmonton that is a million square feet and they are building another one near Lethbridge or Medicine Hat - I cant remember - that will be 1.2 million square feet. They also have their original, smaller facility just west of Calgary.

Sweatyfatchick

I believe there is still opportunity for a “small guy” here through a micro growers license, but I have no idea about the details.
I'm pretty sure you have to have your facility built and ready for inspection before you can even apply for the license now. The LPs can't outgrow the BM or the craft guys, so they dumped millions into lobbying the government to legislate their competition away. Well, that or swallow up the little guys before they get to market.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
I
I'm pretty sure you have to have your facility built and ready for inspection before you can even apply for the license now. The LPs can't outgrow the BM or the craft guys, so they dumped millions into lobbying the government to legislate their competition away. Well, that or swallow up the little guys before they get to market.
I think one of the smaller LPs has pre built facilities that are to be rented to micro growers, but don’t quote me on that.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
So major bummer for me today. The Heisenbeans I ordered when HB had the 70% off sale , plus a free pack, were delivered today. Some where in Nova Scotia, all the way across the country from where I’m at.

I’ve opened a case with Canada Post. If they don’t find my package by Wednesday, I think I’m gonna be S.O.L.