Horticulture Lighting Group

Big Perm

Budtender
BP!! Clean up on Isle 3 please!! The last 5 or 6 posts, mine included
I've got my own rules for deleting, haha.
Basically, a double post; Spam; Personal info.
That is what I was thinking basically just wanted to verify. If I end up w three that 4x4 should be rocking no? I have roughly 1000 watts now but three dif lights . Hps ,cob and diodes. Swear they love the three dif lights. So for bloom I should get the 4000 correct?
Six 288 boards in there is what I would go with and max 600w.
I'd also go with 3500-4000k if you want to veg and flower.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I just noticed they have this bad boy. Pretty nice.

I will get a light for the 32 special that currently has a board that will move to bloom.

I might wait for this to become availlble. I bet it would crush that 32 x 32 tent.

I think the far reds are making my buds frost up like the CMH did.

And 270 watts (the current board) is a pinch too hot...225 would nail it

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
I just noticed they have this bad boy. Pretty nice.

I will get a light for the 32 special that currently has a board that will move to bloom.

I might wait for this to become availlble. I bet it would crush that 32 x 32 tent.

I think the far reds are making my buds frost up like the CMH did.

And 270 watts (the current board) is a pinch too hot...225 would nail it

Thats just a qb96 with a fancy plate to hold up the driver and heatsink. They recommend a 185w-54v I dont see qhere they get 225w out of that board

I have a 550 Rspec. IMO in a 4x4 you will be happier with two 288 boards. Nothing wrong with the light, it's just those four boards are pretty close together for a 4x4. You'll be able to spread the same four boards out better with the two 240's.

I'm going to run it in a 2x4.
I've been looking to do something for my veg room tent. It's a 4 x 4. I really like the Bspec but am considering going with four 4k boards, two triple heat sinks and 2 drivers. This way the boards will be more evenly spaced out than the 550 Bspec.

What do you think BP? Veg only, no flowering. I currently use a Hortilux 600 watt Blue. I would like to lower my watt usage a tad but still keep the nodes close.

socaljoe

Cocaine Cowboy
I've been looking to do something for my veg room tent. It's a 4 x 4. I really like the Bspec but am considering going with four 4k boards, two triple heat sinks and 2 drivers. This way the boards will be more evenly spaced out than the 550 Bspec.

What do you think BP? Veg only, no flowering. I currently use a Hortilux 600 watt Blue. I would like to lower my watt usage a tad but still keep the nodes close.
I was going to recommend going with HLG 288v1 in 5000k for veg, but it appears the board/heatsink combos are sold out...too bad, they were $49 each. That 5000k board is a beast for veg, I have 1 in my 2x2 veg tent and it rocks.

The 4000k is a nice veg spectrum as well. I have a qb65 in 4000k and it's great, just a bit small for what I was using it for.

I was going to recommend going with HLG 288v1 in 5000k for veg, but it appears the board/heatsink combos are sold out...too bad, they were $49 each. That 5000k board is a beast for veg, I have 1 in my 2x2 veg tent and it rocks.

The 4000k is a nice veg spectrum as well. I have a qb65 in 4000k and it's great, just a bit small for what I was using it for.
Makes me wonder why their Bspec is only 3500k for a veg light.

socaljoe

Cocaine Cowboy
Very nice. But you are right about the 5k boards tho. They would be better for pure vegging. Which is what I want :alien:
I hear ya.

Personally, I'd be willing to go in on a Bspec board if I was in the market for a veg board. As far as I can tell, HLG knows their stuff and does their homework. If they market a veg board, I'd take their word, regardless of K rating. Take that for what it's worth. ;)

mr_c

Super Active Member
I have the 550 v2, 550 Rspec, and the 100 v2. Amazed at perfomance for the form factor.

I've used both 550s for multiple full-cycle grows and couldn't be happier. Rspec induced more frost throughout flower cycle.

Definitely recommend for anyone looking for a new light with killer lumen output without all the heat.