Higher Power Genetics

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I use the duct-foil tape super sticky and ridged enough you can keep stems upright but before I found foil tape I used electrician tape issue is it doesn't stick if you get it wet even a drop of water makes it worthless
not quite useless, i have used it to hold the kill switch out on an outboard (so it would run) , after loseing one due to a flyin asian carp.yep the tape was wet but still made a good spacer!

Anybody know or remember what the Forbidden Fruit is crossed with? Was it crossed with Funeral Cake?
NAILED IT Opie1 (y)
D Post 1.jpg

Opie1

Master Grower
NAILED IT Opie1 (y)
View attachment 120156
Thanks Zaph! I started a few a couple days ago, they should be sprouting anytime.

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member
8840D3B3-2AEB-4D0B-80CF-55193D525232.jpeg “The Soap” kush mints x animal mints finishing up. All outdoor plants pollinated with sleeve of Wizard. Really nice resistance to the high humidity of the Michigan autumn, all seeds are being subjected to tough growing conditions so their offspring will continue to become resilient. This is good news for indoor and outdoor growers.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
View attachment 120242 “The Soap” kush mints x animal mints finishing up. All outdoor plants pollinated with sleeve of Wizard. Really nice resistance to the high humidity of the Michigan autumn, all seeds are being subjected to tough growing conditions so their offspring will continue to become resilient. This is good news for indoor and outdoor growers.
YES!

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member
What are the fastest flowering varieties you are working with, for those of us in the colder and humid fall regions? I want to drop some of them this next season.
The Soap, Scooby snacks, Forbidden fruit, white rhino, all started early and are finishing now at the end of September. This includes the original mother clones and their offspring. They have stood up to consecutive rainy days without any bud rot or powdery mildew. Beautiful purple hues. The original mothers have weathered the season without issue as well. They’ve all been bred for two seasons in the cold and indoors, but I understand the desire to avoid the rains of fall. Rain inevitably removes trichomes and can cause loss of crops if fungal diseases spread. A proper steady, slow defoliation nearing the end of September will greatly enhance the airflow in the plant and prevent the micro environments rain water and fungi love to rest in. The original mothers are surprisingly doing very well too. Here is a forbidden fruit tester seed ready for a slightly early harvest. I could also opt to let the plant continue, but given the 8 weeks of flower I see little advantage in a slightly larger yield. 11E6E058-5A03-4006-B996-65C28B00C1AD.jpeg

Interesting to note, Detroit Runtz (new gal) began flower in late July and was cut down 3 days ago. Here she is 10 days ago before the final defoliation and extra fade she snuck in. I find pruning the outdoor plants at the right time really cranks up the fade/senescence speed.570CA9B9-F47A-400D-9B1F-786B87612F6B.jpegB6A02E02-82D3-4B59-B9EA-603EB04C7B72.jpeg
This pic was taken a day before harvest. Next time I will definitely let her finish up till Sep 30. Given the massive colas, I wasn’t willing to risk the bud rot. Plenty of seed development time, better hash.

White rhino fades based on temperature only and does not possess the same colorful traits as the other mentioned varieties.

Here is the Apples and Bananas mother taking her time but flowering beautifully as always. I expect the others to finish mid October. This also includes chocolate diesel fading beautifully, I’ll be sure to snap a pic of her tomorrow.
8C90BEC9-7577-4B52-AEEE-9DA28D87DB70.jpeg

Last edited:

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member
C9D0CB42-BD90-4F4C-A9F1-5802D065C27F.jpeg
Always the last girl to finish, thee gmo… a huge plant with a moderate yield for its size, a fine trade off for the garlic goodness. Going to cover her with polyethylene to protect her from the frost, estimated 4 more weeks. It’s children from seed both finish faster and produce much larger nugs with some funeral cake influence, GMO x FC f1 appears to be a codominant mix of funeral and gmo traits, with all plants producing garlic scents of slightly varying undertones. It was reported by zap that his Gmo FC clone seemed to be gassier the second round. Strange occurrences like this can and will happen from seed but I have not seen it with any testers. This original gmo cut pictured above also seems to be to a strange hybrid mix of sativa like growth yet indica like terps/cannabinoids. GMO truly is a genetic freak, you would never think this plant could test at 30%+ but the Girl Scout cookie influence somehow hit a lottery gene and Chemdog to me just seems like the coincidental plant it happened to occur with. Luckily that resulted in the strange codominant garlic smell between the two that we all know and love.

Notice the gmo and the ground creeper (as well as the dormant Lillies) share nutrients via fungi and even warn eachother about pests ahead of time to increase resin production and other defensive chemicals… like thc.

Last edited:

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I wanted to pop in and say, after the cure, this stuff is impressive.
Has excellent taste and flavor. Buds are rocks.
I believe you got something here with these crosses.
Sad to say, this was my last grow. Been dealing with my brother's estate where we lived and it's coming to a close and I have no where to live. The state is taking all assets and property. My place was in his name, so get it too. This has been hard to swallow.
All I got,
are my lights and chair,
my rusty old guitar ,
and the bibs I wear.
For my seed collection,
has been my only care.
Anyone need a house sitter?:cool:
1665192472027.png

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member
I wanted to pop in and say, after the cure, this stuff is impressive.
Has excellent taste and flavor. Buds are rocks.
I believe you got something here with these crosses.
Sad to say, this was my last grow. Been dealing with my brother's estate where we lived and it's coming to a close and I have no where to live. The state is taking all assets and property. My place was in his name, so get it too. This has been hard to swallow.
All I got,
are my lights and chair (…)
Keep your head up bro, ever need to talk pm me