Higher Power Genetics

Day 14 for my 2 HPG Apple Dilly's(FL, BL) & friends Hiesen Mystery(BR) Budderton SBXNYC (FR) Regs & it looks like I went 4 out 4 which means I get to see 4 new to me females. I have a real STRONG feeling my BL AppleDilly is the same Beast Mode pheno @Bustenbeans found which I was really hoping I could get to pop up. I need to get everybody leveled & scrogged soon as it is already getting crowded in there.
Cuts of all these girls put roots in the nutes and are on standby if anybody turns out to be Hot Fire šŸ²
HPG AppleDilly FL,BL, H unkwn BR, Budderton SN FR D14 1.JPG
HPG AppleDilly FL,BL, H unkwn BR, Budderton SN FR D14 2.JPG
HPG AppleDilly FL,BL, H unkwn BR, Budderton SN FR D14 3.JPG
HPG AppleDilly FL,BL, H unkwn BR, Budderton SN FR D14 4.JPG
HPG AppleDilly FL,BL, H unkwn BR, Budderton SN FR D14 5.JPG
HPG AppleDilly FL,BL, H unkwn BR, Budderton SN FR D14 6.JPG
HPG AppleDilly FL,BL, H unkwn BR, Budderton SN FR D14 7.JPG
HPG AppleDilly FL,BL, H unkwn BR, Budderton SN FR D14 8.JPGHPG AppleDilly FL,BL, H unkwn BR, Budderton SN FR D14 1.JPGHPG AppleDilly FL,BL, H unkwn BR, Budderton SN FR D14 2.JPGHPG AppleDilly FL,BL, H unkwn BR, Budderton SN FR D14 3.JPGHPG AppleDilly FL,BL, H unkwn BR, Budderton SN FR D14 4.JPGHPG AppleDilly FL,BL, H unkwn BR, Budderton SN FR D14 5.JPGHPG AppleDilly FL,BL, H unkwn BR, Budderton SN FR D14 6.JPGHPG AppleDilly FL,BL, H unkwn BR, Budderton SN FR D14 7.JPGHPG AppleDilly FL,BL, H unkwn BR, Budderton SN FR D14 8.JPG

Last edited:

DETā€”PDX

Insanely Active Member
F1A0EE80-8A1B-448E-8E24-56251F3A2C04.jpegAs sleeve of Wizard finishes up I believe this F1 round is going to be special. Lots of pheno hunting the next few years for F2 through F5, Iā€™ll be letting some of my clones go. I believe based on the results so far there are new and unique plants to make room for. I enjoy trying to find new strains and those sometimes donā€™t happen until F2. A true hybrid F1 cross is a co-dominance between parents, they actually tend to be a blend of the parents and fairly uniform from seed. In contrast, a poly hybrid F1 cross will display serious variety. A poly-hybrid cross indicates that 4 unstable genetic lineages are present, while a true F1 cross has only two stable genetic lineages. To stabilize seeds, generations of inbreeding must occur often times until F5.This is exactly what happens in nature, for 350 million years cannabis has produced stabilized landraces while still promoting genetic diversity through numbers. This ensures at least some plants will survive in a new harsh environment by retaining special recessive traits that can be expressed given a particularly harsh environment change. Back crossing achieves a different goal; recessive traits that normally come out in F2 (creating new strains) rarely express themselves in back crossing, and so bx is quite boring. Bx retains the dominant genes from the mother while sometimes expressing a recessive trait from dad generations back. F2 is actually commonly around 4 phenotypes of variability, Bx produces 3-1 diminishing with each back cross, polyhbrid F1ā€™s can display 6+ Phenotypes, and true F1ā€™s have a single pheno displaying co-dominance (blend of traits) of both stable parents. I am surprised at the uniformity of some strains as myself and you fine growers continue to test the F1ā€™s, most seem like codominant blends of the parents and yet some appear to be poly hybrid. My ice cream cake male from seed is the product of a third generation back cross, which earned the name Funeral Cake locally back when I first started breeding. Some breeders erroneously believe a back cross is necessary to create a stabilized strain but this is not always the case, there are a few paths up that mountain. Strains like super Charger, chocolate diesel, forbidden fruit, and other clones that descended from other hard working breeders with stabilized lineage created what appears to be F1 hybrids. I am very excited to continue the search for unique new plants.

Here is Detroit Runtz growing strong outside
F85074E4-949E-4750-979C-D3F6EBCC76C2.jpeg

DETā€”PDX

Insanely Active Member
Beautiful work vato. Thank you for sharing your journey with us.

I was listening to this and they talked about the same traits and variations you mentioned only with S1 lines. It enlightened me on the crazy amount of directions you can go when starting a breeding program
Breeding is very technical and there is a lot of luck involved as well as setting yourself to get lucky, with a breeders selection skill and knowledge of each type of cross and itā€™s expected outcomes.

DETā€”PDX

Insanely Active Member
ā€œDeath by Garlicā€ control plants (unpollinated) 24-31% THCA in recent breeder cut tests. In such close proximity with fans, lack of seeds on sensimilla control plants helps me estimate successful pollen decontamination between controlled crosses after a 72 hour dedication treatment.

GMO XL was also a funeral cake cross but was chosen to become pollinated heavily because of its massive colas; I havenā€™t seen gmo grow like this other breeders probably found a similar pheno. You can too if you got a few testers. She tested 17% despite being heavily seeded. Iā€™ll have to run her as a control plant and see what she can do w/o pollen.

Day 22 for my 2 HPG AppleDilly's(FL, BL) & friends Hiesen Mystery(BR) Budderton SBXNYC (FR) and both of them are already looking really damn nice. I dunno which one I like better, the front left plant(aka Xtra Medium) is the perfect size plant as she is not too small and not too BIG. I didn't have top her(actually had to give her a boost to keep pace with her big sisters) and she would easily fit in any decent size tent. Or my back left plant(aka Beast Mode) which I did have to top & keep her on a small 5 gallon bucket and still she is a foot taller than anybody else in the tent. I guess I will leave off my decision until the smoke test but I think both of them are going to be something special.
HPG AppleDilly FL,BL, Heisen Mystery BR, Budderton Sherb X NY Chem FR D22 1.JPG
HPG AppleDilly FL,BL, Heisen Mystery BR, Budderton Sherb X NY Chem FR D22 2.JPG
HPG AppleDilly FL,BL, Heisen Mystery BR, Budderton Sherb X NY Chem FR D22 3.JPG
HPG AppleDilly FL,BL, Heisen Mystery BR, Budderton Sherb X NY Chem FR D22 4.JPGHPG AppleDilly FL,BL, Heisen Mystery BR, Budderton Sherb X NY Chem FR D22 1.JPGHPG AppleDilly FL,BL, Heisen Mystery BR, Budderton Sherb X NY Chem FR D22 2.JPGHPG AppleDilly FL,BL, Heisen Mystery BR, Budderton Sherb X NY Chem FR D22 3.JPGHPG AppleDilly FL,BL, Heisen Mystery BR, Budderton Sherb X NY Chem FR D22 4.JPG

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
Day 22 for my 2 HPG AppleDilly's(FL, BL) & friends Hiesen Mystery(BR) Budderton SBXNYC (FR) and both of them are already looking really damn nice. I dunno which one I like better, the front left plant(aka Xtra Medium) is the perfect size plant as she is not too small and not too BIG. I didn't have top her(actually had to give her a boost to keep pace with her big sisters) and she would easily fit in any decent size tent. Or my back left plant(aka Beast Mode) which I did have to top & keep her on a small 5 gallon bucket and still she is a foot taller than anybody else in the tent. I guess I will leave off my decision until the smoke test but I think both of them are going to be something special.
View attachment 119555
Looking good zaphod Girls are happy I always feel like I have things right when they are all praying....

View attachment 119558