Higher Power Genetics

Day 53 of flower and just got done with a light defol on my GMO X FC(FL) and Banana Hashplant(FR) to tidy these girls up for their last couple weeks before they reach harvest station. I really do love growing J.James Banana Hashplant, not only is it really good smoke(IHMO) but it totally turns banana yellow fade.
GMOXFC L Harlet R  D53 2.JPG
GMOXFC L Harlet R  D53 3.JPGGMOXFC L Harlet R  D53 4.JPG
GMOXFC L Harlet R  D53 1.JPG
GMOXFC L Harlet R  D53 1.JPGGMOXFC L Harlet R  D53 2.JPGGMOXFC L Harlet R  D53 3.JPGGMOXFC L Harlet R  D53 4.JPG

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member
Hell yeah @Zaphod420 looking healthy. The funeral cake looks to have sped up GMO flower time. Yet that bud structure is totally GMO, chunky triangle bracts from the GSC lineage, and the smell you describe is the funeral terpene profile. Very cool to see the genes overlap with mom and dad like this. That will likely be a potent girl for sure, both strains were above 20% especially gmo. I am getting more focused on terpenes these days but the industry is still overwhelmingly THC crazed. *Oh, if you are able to drop the day temps slowly to 70-68 the last few weeks and night to 60ish F you will likely get more purple fade.

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member
Informational yet somewhat unconventional pollen post. Let me first say I don’t recommend breeding this way unless it’s for fun. I have a facility in beginnings of planning/construction, again I do not recommend this unless it’s for fun. I have taken some pretty extreme measures in misting unopened pollen sacks briefly from a shed of various males. Even unopened pollen sacks can and likely will have trace amounts of other male pollen in various stages of viability. To be safe I mist them over their screen with a towel below. The idea is to dessicate and dislodge any exterior pollen. So far this has been working for me, but I greatly prefer and recommend using one male donor per room as I did with Funeral Cake, and one group of males per room.
65C4A9C7-E380-4349-A213-85A11CCF268B.jpeg
Anyway Wow, 5.19 male #2.002 smells just like mom with a sweet/minty, gassy funk. The more I smell 5.19 the more I think Seed Junky used Kush mints in the cross. I guess part of the fun is not knowing who they used. He dumps pollen pretty heavily with some surprisingly complex scents for a guy. These sacs are just beginning to open on their own. They are covered with paper towel, their cap, and placed in a cool, dry cupboard.
3B3C0D20-DA9F-4FD4-9338-DD82FAEF0745.jpeg
No shaking just a few gentle taps on the tin lid with the screw mouth secured fully closed each day. I loosen it for some light air exchange when resting all day. Sacs take 2-4 days to drop all of their pollen. Thankful for another healthy, stinky dude. Will get some pictures of him as he fades, he’s clearly taking after mom. All males have been cloned and will be kept alive/pollen frozen until their offspring have been tested but the cream already has begun rising to the top.

Attachments

Last edited:

GrowsomethingBill

Dirt Track Maniac 🏆 🏁
View attachment 114571
Wow 5.19 male #2.002 smells just like mom with a minty, gassy funk. The more I smell 5.19 the more I think Seed Junky used Kush mints in the cross. I guess part of the fun is not knowing who they used. He dumps pollen pretty heavily with some surprisingly sweet scents for a guy. These sacs are just beginning to open on their own. They are covered with paper towel, their cap, and placed in a cool, dry cupboard.
View attachment 114573
No shaking just a few gentle taps on the tin lid with the screw mouth secured fully closed each day. I loosen it for some light air exchange when resting all day. Sacs take 2-4 days to drop all of their pollen. Thankful for another healthy, stinky dude. Will get some pictures of him as he fades, he’s clearly taking after mom.
Is that male 100% 5.19 or is it from the funeral cake cross?

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member
Is that male 100% 5.19 or is it from the funeral cake cross?
Sorry thanks for correcting me. The male is from the funeral cake line F1, but he leans toward mom, same boxy leaves, smell and structure. I don’t feel right naming it anything anymore. I will only name my own unique plants. This is just funeral cake x SJ 5.19 F1 #2.002. No one but sees junky will ever have 5.19 regular seeds and even then maybe it was a fem cross

GrowsomethingBill

Dirt Track Maniac 🏆 🏁
Sorry thanks for correcting me. The male is from the funeral cake line F1, but he leans toward mom, same boxy leaves, smell and structure. I don’t feel right naming it anything anymore. I will only name my own unique plants. This is just funeral cake x SJ 5.19 F1 #2.002. No one but sees junky will ever have 5.19 regular seeds and even then maybe it was a fem cross
No worries man it wasn’t meant as a correction, just clarification. I thought maybe you had a back cross going or something. That would get you something close to the original 5.19 wouldn’t it or am I way off in left field 😝

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member
All females are getting back crossed. Each mom will be represented in seed form for future projects. A host of new commercial cuts are coming in for another F1. A few moms will get their final run and their clones find new homes in Michigan gardens.

My friends from Sozo Health donated a ‘Sleeve of Wizard’ male. Lucky Sleven x Wizard Punch. He is from a limited edition F3 pack and they just knew he was too special to be culled. Very close node spacing, already very sweet in veg as I pruned him today. Certainly a characteristic I have come to find as a solid aroma prediction.

Last edited:

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member
39CA2316-C8CE-4F8F-B244-1E5B89717255.jpegThick stems, spaced but not too spaced, large Pods, ^clusters and ^pollen production, and finally that sweet funky 5.19 smell.
I have not found a male I like for GMO. Looks like she is getting another F1 cross this round, that’s more fun than a Bx anyway.

I have decided not to do any fems. Sorry for those this disappoints. The reason: I am not willing to sacrifice plant health and risk hermaphroditism this early in F2/Bx1. There will be time for a more stable S3 or Bx2

Day 59 of flower now for my Genetically Modified Funeral Cake(FL) & Banana Hashplant(FR) and it looks like it's going to be a very pretty fade. GMO X FC has Dark purple/black splotches breaking out all over the canopy which is going to look amazing here in a couple of weeks if my Harlet girl does her normal golden banana swan song type thing.
GMOXFC L Harlet R  D59 1.JPG
GMOXFC L Harlet R  D59 2.JPG
GMOXFC L Harlet R  D59 3.JPG
GMOXFC L Harlet R  D59 4.JPGGMOXFC L Harlet R  D59 1.JPGGMOXFC L Harlet R  D59 2.JPGGMOXFC L Harlet R  D59 3.JPGGMOXFC L Harlet R  D59 4.JPG

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
View attachment 114691Thick stems, spaced but not too spaced, large Pods, ^clusters and ^pollen production, and finally that sweet funky 5.19 smell.
I have not found a male I like for GMO. Looks like she is getting another F1 cross this round, that’s more fun than a Bx anyway.

I have decided not to do any fems. Sorry for those this disappoints. The reason: I am not willing to sacrifice plant health and risk hermaphroditism this early in F2/Bx1. There will be time for a more stable S3 or Bx2
😥