High Kev’s breeding / chucking

Stoned Cold Bulldog

so far u have been given good advice above. i'll add my 1/2 penny . i was looking at the line up and the seeds of each then saw total amount of seeds 200 plus. i was like got damn sam you are trying no doubt. :)Now, said that to say this. next time don't start so many different strains at the same time. your asking for so much extra work and problems associated with those numbers that will quickly overwhelm you.

So, u should have figured out your exact goals before you popped them all but it's to late now. nevertheless you have to still figure out ur goals and do that immediately since lives plants don't wait. to that end light cycle shouldn't be more than 18/6 so that grow but not too fast like on 24-0. 18/6 also lets you sex in veg in approx 30-45 approx. now if you use shop lights/t5's you get to grow them well without making them go crazy with more potent HID/CMH/led lights. this allows you a bit more time to get your shit together planning wise for veg space and who will be flowered first.

as a persoanl example i have used 3 x 9w led's and one shoplight to do all my vegging. plants look good but they don't grow as fast which is what i needed for my situation. spectrum helps keep them shorter so keep that in mind.

planning is key and get used to doing that 1st. as your working norm. so no more do it and then ask all the questions. that's doing shit ass backwards as we used to say and it's never a good idea.

i was overwhelmed with approx 100 plants/slight;y more. 17-22 strains to include some males too. all cared for by me with no real help although it was supposed t be help. grrrr so u have like 30 strains and ur popping them to chuck = PITA if u are alone and even if you have help = PITA too.
so, u have already started. do u have enough space to keep all the clones of those seeds in veg to deal with later as you determine which females you will deal with. note: i always want to keep two clones of anything i feel is worthy for prevent defense/insurance = ideally you have two veg areas where u can keep clones separate. if u have both insurance clones in the same spot and shit happens u lose both most likely which defeats the purpose of having 2.

NOTE: u need to learn how to keep plants small = cups and make small mothers bonsai style. obviously saving space/time/$ etc.

1-3 dedicated flower room to make beans. rooms could be card board boxes/big trash cans/sectioned off areas in a bigger room as long as you can make it light tight. when u get to the point you have a male you want to hit various females u now have the ability yo use multiple males to test various females instead of just a one trick pony. like it was mentioned above = 1 male only might leave u unproductive and mad as fuk lol.

choosing males are based on various goals. as a chucker those goals should be simple and basic. for example you want the male to add structure/frost/potency/flavor/yield. I wouldn't try to go for more than those characteristics as a new chucker/breeder in the making.
the other idea about males which i rarely said before is this. try to find a transparent male = a male that barely changes anything about the mother and allows her characteristics to dominate/shine in the offspring. these type males are extremely valuable for obvious reasons spoke on above.
google and research what males usually offer in a breeding and choose based on those simple basics only.

don't put effort into making something that already exists unless you want it badly and don't have access . i would also say don't be so set on this or that strain and ficus more on what a train offers that you like. that way you open up options for yourself instead of making shit more difficult boxing yourself into a genetic corner with 1 to 1 type breeding's etc. = that shut down the genetics available to work with.

don't expect folks here or elsewhere to hold your hand and spoon feed you just because you ask nicely. you have to put in due effort/homework on your own. using advice from whomever as a guide post only. so many newbs in the past and in the future will ask questions that basically are in essence like this, but they don't say it flat out. can anyone tell me how to make an IBL/stable line, can you tell me how to breed so i can make my own company and be successful ... those questions rarely get the answers the OP is after and it should be common sense why they do not. FREE RIDES TO GLORY AREN'T SOMETHING MOST SERIOUS POT GROWERS WILL HELP YOU DO. enuff said.

because u already popped all those beans you put yourself under the gun frfr = u need to bust ass quickly and practically but that's almost impossible because of lack of knowledge on so many levels. so expect multiple fuck ups/dead plants etc. and know that it's going to help you in your quest down the road. like i used to tell my taijiquan students. mistakes/fuckups help you learn faster and build ur knowledge base.

accurate record keeping and notes is mandatory. also safe keeping that info is as well if you put it in 1 book on;y and loose the book then ur fucked so keep records accordingly. that could mean on a flash drive/cd/email etc. note = excelle/word spread sheet is cool to organize shit if u know how to do that.

If my mind was like before i'd might say more. I USUALLY DON'T even go to this level with newbies but in this case it's a new year. and if someone else asks i'll just direct them here cause don't like to repeat the same answers to the same questions = redundant = grrr lol

wish u all the best and i hope something i've written can work in your favor as intended.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Based on the above, I would look at the list and circle stuff you've smoked and liked (other than the bagseeds obviously LOL) and that can at least start you thinking about outcomes. List what you liked about each, look for stuff that might match up nice for terps, that kind of thing.

I don't know beans but I have good business sense. You need a strain or three that are yours. No one is gonna buy "Kev's GDP" or Kev's Sour Diesel or whatever because there's so much of that stuff out there, and crosses of that stuff. So this would be a good start to that hunt and start finding things to work with.

If you can come up with that unique smell/flavor/plant color or something that people will be interested to try, you have a marketable strain.

led1k

Really Active Member
gonna pollinate a few lower branches from the keepers. Just not sure how I’m gonna go about choosing a male yet. Or maybe I should try reversing a keeper that I like idk yet. Not sure yet
Maybe both! STS your keeper and if a promising male shows, collect away.

Farmr.n.

I’m looking to test my skills in the chucking game and see what I’ve learned throughout my growing career and here at chuckers. I’m looking to make some crosses And will be willing to share what I got with chuckers members. Yep time to earn my pollen chucker banner. This is where my journey begins and will try and document it the best I can. I’m gonna need tips and advise from everyone. This is my first attempt but def won’t be my last. Hoping someday I can open my own seed business. ✌ Got some clones at some other spots and maybe will reveg a few keepers here at this spot.
View attachment 83684 And this is what I’m starting by seed now
View attachment 83685View attachment 83686
And I have all these seeds currently waiting to be popped
View attachment 83687View attachment 83688

So again this is my first stab at chucking. I’m thinking I will start by pollinating lower branches. I’m going to need help figuring out the best way. Should Hunt for a male as I’m growing all these regs? Should I buy from pollen or a clone stud make from someone. What would be my best options?
gonna pollinate a few lower branches from the keepers. Just not sure how I’m gonna go about choosing a male yet. Or maybe I should try reversing a keeper that I like idk yet. Not sure yet
If your going to be growing that many regs surely you should find yourself a stud , I normally look for a male that can help make a particular strain be better for it’s offspring eg. more mold resistant , better branching Habits, faster growth/more yield . But most off all have fun with it. It can be very rewarding seeing that creation you’ve made , well at least for me anyways I sometimes get more excited over finding ripe seeds in my bud then the actual flower.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Had that happen with a diesel train lemon haze cross, half of it ending up being dominant and spread the most pollen, the other half didn’t die but didn’t grow great either. Best bet would cut the half that isn’t doing as well save resources
Concur, but for safety I would let them pop out of the shell naturally then separate them and yank one. Or stick it in a different cup.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I had way to many seeds. I had to do something with them. Even the bag seeds. I love them too
View attachment 83941
I here ya! This is my current stock...I won't be buying anymore, for awhile, unless I REALLY want the genetics. Most of my seeds are from a cross pollination in my tent, though. But, even without those, I still have close to 250 seeds.
Screenshot 2021-02-18 101252.jpg

Blu-Tri

I popped a lot of my regs. I had a lot of open packs so I used up those beans.
Do your thing bro. You are a great grower, I’m sure you will make a great breeder as well.
Set your own goals because no one knows what you are trying to achieve. If I may suggest, decide what you really like in a strain. Next choose the strain in your collection that’s closest match what you are looking for. Used the other strains in your collection to build upon what are trying to achieve.
Then take that beautiful creation and breed it to some of that vast collection that you have.
Wow I see lots of potential. Good luck.

Last edited: