Hermes

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I would agree, but it doesn't just impact the seller. As the consumer then could think all strains with said name are crap/bunk. Hurting the original breeder without any connection
There are no copyrights or patents. No one owns a strain name no matter how much they might think otherwise.

We wouldn't need a Better Business Bureau if we could trust everyone. You learn, you move on. That is how capitalism works. If you make a crap product, it will not sell for long. No matter what initial hype there may be. If you want to build a business, then you put out a good product. Good customer service. People will return.

Mjactivist

There are no copyrights or patents. No one owns a strain name no matter how much they might think otherwise.

We wouldn't need a Better Business Bureau if we could trust everyone. You learn, you move on. That is how capitalism works. If you make a crap product, it will not sell for long. No matter what initial hype there may be. If you want to build a business, then you put out a good product. Good customer service. People will return.
Lol it's literally the only breeding that isn't protected, but it might be changing with the legalization happening in multiple states and also the house just passing decriminalization. It still needs to pass senate and it won't more than likely, but here's hoping.
And your logic isn't sound, as it hurts more than just that consumer, as most breeders gain traction from word of mouth. And that's really hard to do when someone is selling knockoffs of your seeds that are bunk

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Lol it's literally the only breeding that isn't protected, but it might be changing with the legalization happening in multiple states and also the house just passing decriminalization. It still needs to pass senate and it won't more than likely, but here's hoping.
So I'm right.
And your logic isn't sound, as it hurts more than just that consumer, as most breeders gain traction from word of mouth. And that's really hard to do when someone is selling knockoffs of your seeds that are bunk
And what is happening here?

word of mouth.

Gonna go out and buy more beans from them after this thread?

Capitalism rocks.

Mjactivist

If you buy bink seeds, then buy more, jokes on you.
If you buy bunk seeds and breed them - the dude you bought the beans from is not the problem.
Wait, so selling shit beans is cool for you?
For me, I would much rather have an idiot trying to breed with crap Genetics than an asshole trying to get rich stealing others work using crap genetics

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Wait, so selling shit beans is cool for you?
For me, I would much rather have an idiot trying to breed with crap Genetics than an asshole trying to get rich stealing others work using crap genetics
No it is not cool. But once people know they are shit beans they won't sell for long. You move on.

For what it's worth, if the strain is supposed to be fire, maybe one of those 12 beans doesn't herm? That would be the one that the true breeder would keep while culling the rest, then continue the breeding process.

Some poeple S1 beans they bought just to keep the genetics around if they rock while they are using it for other crosses. Sometimes those S1's are fire. Sometimes there are hidden gems that come out. It should never be regulated except by the buying community. More gubmint is bad - always.

Mjactivist

No it is not cool. But once people know they are shit beans they won't sell for long. You move on.

For what it's worth, if the strain is supposed to be fire, maybe one of those 12 beans doesn't herm? That would be the one that the true breeder would keep while culling the rest, then continue the breeding process.

Some poeple S1 beans they bought just to keep the genetics around if they rock while they are using it for other crosses. Sometimes those S1's are fire. Sometimes there are hidden gems that come out. It should never be regulated except by the buying community. More gubmint is bad - always.
Dude if you buy a pack of seeds and all but one seed herms, YOU 100% SHOULDN'T USE THAT STRAIN TO BREED, WITHOUT BREEDING OUT THE HERM TRAITS FIRST.
And if you made S1 with that strain it would be even worse. You would need to out cross it to a strain and use the progeny to make it more stable then bx to the original.

Using hermies in a breeding pool is extremely bad for the future of that line, but that's just my opinion
Good luck
MJ

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Dude if you buy a pack of seeds and all but one seed herms, YOU 100% SHOULDN'T USE THAT STRAIN TO BREED, WITHOUT BREEDING OUT THE HERM TRAITS FIRST.
And if you made S1 with that strain it would be even worse. You would need to out cross it to a strain and use the progeny to make it more stable then bx to the original.

Using hermies in a breeding pool is extremely bad for the future of that line, but that's just my opinion
Good luck
MJ
Not the point at all - point was that the dude should be continuing his selective breeding process if HE thinks there's fire there instead of selling them

Another point was that it sucks you bought bad beans - but you can't dwell on it. Plenty of good beans availabe here cheap. Look at the signature blocks. Half the breeders also have websites.

last point was that it is a market you cannot (and should not) cntrol with the gubmint, in any way shape or form.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Also, some of the re-bred strains will toss nuts for a week or so - it sucks, but it is what it is. Testing can sort some of that out. That said, those nuts are generally sterile and/or don't throw pollen everywhere. If they are on the stems and the little spots under a flower node, you can pluck them off individually and wait and see. Most stop. If they are actually producing male flowers in bulk at a node it's not worth the effort.

If you're stuck with just those beans you can't screw up any other plants, so see what happens if you aren't getting more beans.

Mjactivist

Also, some of the re-bred strains will toss nuts for a week or so - it sucks, but it is what it is. Testing can sort some of that out. That said, those nuts are generally sterile and/or don't throw pollen everywhere. If they are on the stems and the little spots under a flower node, you can pluck them off individually and wait and see. Most stop. If they are actually producing male flowers in bulk at a node it's not worth the effort.

If you're stuck with just those beans you can't screw up any other plants, so see what happens if you aren't getting more beans.
Re-bred?
Do you mean selfed? Or revegged?
What is Re-bred?

If you're a breeding just for yourself you can do anything you want. No issues from here.
But breeding for the consumer market shouldn't have herm tendencies. That's just my opinion thou.
MJ

Meatman

Meat Master
That’s why you go to legit breeders that have people test there beans before they even think about selling them, if that was my crop I wouldn’t even chance keeping it going unless he’s going to make hash with all of it if not chop that shit and spend $30 on a pack of real beans from one of the breeders on here and grow some real Genetics

Meatman

Meat Master
That’s why you go to legit breeders that have people test there beans before they even think about selling them, if that was my crop I wouldn’t even chance keeping it going unless he’s going to make hash with all of it if not chop that shit and spend $30 on a pack of real beans from one of the breeders on here and grow some real Genetics
But chances are dude is here to start shit since he made one post and no others and didn’t like anybody’s comments so I’d take it all with a grain of salt except that crop king seeds suck still haha

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Re-bred?
Do you mean selfed? Or revegged?
What is Re-bred?

If you're a breeding just for yourself you can do anything you want. No issues from here.
But breeding for the consumer market shouldn't have herm tendencies. That's just my opinion thou.
MJ
Guys that buy two sets of beans, cross them and sell them unchecked