#Heisenbeans Genetics

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I needed some aroma therapy tonight. I got into each plant to try and figure out the smells.
DD x G33 is a combination of a citrus sherbet - not lime, but maybe the neopolitan - and kerosene. More sweet than fuel. DDxG33.JPG
DD x WC This one is going to be a toss-up intil it cures, but for now it is a combo of citrus air freshener, windex, and sour candy. DDxWC.JPG
The LTs1 is straight lemon pledge. LTs1.JPG
SD x DD smells like sweet baked goods SDxDD.JPG
Last but not least, the SD x LT smells like a fresh cut melon. SDxLT.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
For what it's worth I don't know what any of these strains are supposed to smell like. I'm new enough to that game that I have heard of them but never tried them. So I am pretty unbiased on what I smell - it is what it is.

The Lemon Tree was pretty much a no brainer what should be there. Someone somewhere named it well. It's there.

For the Gelato33 x Dosi Dos my 'sherbet' description could have been any sweet candy or something that had a similar smell - but the Gelatto33 was already in my head :unsure:

Possible points for naming your plants instead of just listing parents? Maybe after you've tried it? Would I have thought sherbet if Italian Ice wasn't in the name? :unsure: Am I high? 🥴

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I guess what I'm getting at is if you grow your XY cross it might not end up like either. Seems to me that would be the goal instead of a strain that is always a 50/50 shot if you get a mom or dad. But if you can find something unique it smells like, even if it's just a little bit, you put that in the mind of the person growing/smoking it.

The Lemon Tree is a combo of citrus and fuel that has a lemon scent in there. But it also has some fuel to give it that lemon pledge smell (to me).
If they had named it "Citrus Deisel" would I have gotten the lemon on my own? :unsure: It's definitely there - but I know it's supposed to be there 🤪
I think I would have picked it out but it might have taken longer.

Boybelue

Super Active Member
I guess what I'm getting at is if you grow your XY cross it might not end up like either. Seems to me that would be the goal instead of a strain that is always a 50/50 shot if you get a mom or dad. But if you can find something unique it smells like, even if it's just a little bit, you put that in the mind of the person growing/smoking it.

The Lemon Tree is a combo of citrus and fuel that has a lemon scent in there. But it also has some fuel to give it that lemon pledge smell (to me).
If they had named it "Citrus Deisel" would I have gotten the lemon on my own? :unsure: It's definitely there - but I know it's supposed to be there 🤪
I think I would have picked it out but it might have taken longer.
Dude if the S1’s are as strong smelling as the mom I think it would have been evident first sniff. I haven’t had a can of pledge in my house in yrs, haven’t smelled it in yrs but the first time I smelled her in flower it reminded me of my mom dusting/cleaning and spraying/wiping with that pledge when I was a kid. Out of all the strains that have been named after a certain scent, maybe with the exception of RKS, no other would have come closer than Lemon Tree if it had been named Lemon Pledge. Imo

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
For what it's worth I don't know what any of these strains are supposed to smell like. I'm new enough to that game that I have heard of them but never tried them. So I am pretty unbiased on what I smell - it is what it is.

The Lemon Tree was pretty much a no brainer what should be there. Someone somewhere named it well. It's there.

For the Gelato33 x Dosi Dos my 'sherbet' description could have been any sweet candy or something that had a similar smell - but the Gelatto33 was already in my head :unsure:

Possible points for naming your plants instead of just listing parents? Maybe after you've tried it? Would I have thought sherbet if Italian Ice wasn't in the name? :unsure: Am I high? 🥴
Just wanted to add that my SD x LT is straight lemon pledge. Still can't determine what my AC X TK smells like yet.

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
Does this look like light burn to you guys? I'm using hlg 650 Diablo about 29 inches above canopy in 4x4View attachment 75486View attachment 75488View attachment 75489
Hard to say. The way it burned is odd and looks like a odd mag def. However I wouldnt expect it to show only at the top. Could be low mag and too much light coupled together. If it happens rapidly than I'd say light just because the mag should be mobile and to come on that hard and quick without showing on the lowers would be untypical. Could also be excess p or something similar causing a lockout of other nutes.

Last edited: