Hash

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
-25 micron bag (low to medium quality trichomes)

-45 micron bag (medium quality trichomes)

-73 micron bag (high quality trichomes)

-90 micron bag (typically the best quality trichomes)

-120 micron bag (high quality trichomes)

-160 micron bag (low quality trichomes)

-190 micron bag (often debris being filtered out)

-220 micron bag (often debris being filtered out)
I am planning on making sift screens out of my bubble bags. I wanted to know how you interpreted the list above.
For the 90 micron bag "best stuff", is this what has sifted through the 120m bag and is caught on the 90m? Or the stuff that sifts through the 90m?

Rosinallday

Super Active Member
I am planning on making sift screens out of my bubble bags. I wanted to know how you interpreted the list above.
For the 90 micron bag "best stuff", is this what has sifted through the 120m bag and is caught on the 90m? Or the stuff that sifts through the 90m?
Thought 79 was the pure stuff. Gotta be what falls through right?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Something stackable with a different screen on each level, that vibrates, and each one would have to fit pretty snug together with a lid on top to prevent pollenating your carpet with keif :)
The 120m (what my stainless screen is) could really be the first screen, maybe one bigger. Then just a catch plate after the 43m for everything that falls through.
Bored retired guys... I'll end up rigging something up.

Gweedo

PICK YOUR OWN
Man I can't believe I've been missing out on this sifted kief my whole stoner career, I've always enjoyed hash when I could get it but this fresh sift I made is fire, totally unrefined and maybe 200 micron, whatever a mesh paint strainer is 😂😂😂 still kicks like a donkey in the bong. So I ordered a set of 1 gal bubble bags just for sifting and was thinking about this as well, any thoughts are appreciated
Screenshot_20200118-234901.png
And can I turn this into something better or more stable without pressin, I only got the wife's straightener lol
Screenshot_20200118-234901.png20200117_155209.jpg20200117_155201.jpg

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
You just need to break into the wifes top drawer and get the hitachi magic wand...back massager..yeah sure....its a kief shaker for goodness sakes.

:)

Those round kief things look pretty good. I paid quite a bit more for mine but i think they are going to be pretty nice quality.

And kief IS the easiest way to get concentrate.

I have a bunch of trim coming up by the end of the first week in Feb it will fill my little freezer. So i see hash runs on the horizon.

And trim hash is as good as every other hash. It was going in the green bin anyway and its like hash that costs 4 bags of ice.

Last edited:

Rosinallday

Super Active Member
Man I can't believe I've been missing out on this sifted kief my whole stoner career, I've always enjoyed hash when I could get it but this fresh sift I made is fire, totally unrefined and maybe 200 micron, whatever a mesh paint strainer is 😂😂😂 still kicks like a donkey in the bong. So I ordered a set of 1 gal bubble bags just for sifting and was thinking about this as well, any thoughts are appreciated
View attachment 43068
And can I turn this into something better or more stable without pressin, I only got the wife's straightener lol
View attachment 43068View attachment 43069View attachment 43070
Those are pretty small you need room to work the kief through. There is a link in the dry sieve page to a screen printing place that seems reasonable.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
View attachment 43068
I have these already, from a completely different project, but the screens are big. I have 4 which is why I was trying to sort which bubble-bag sizes would be best to use. I am just thinking a big rubber band to hold the mesh in place over the bottom.
IMG_5379.JPG
It might be better to just run one size at a time and rig a shaker for one of these (5gal bucket-size) that is a sealed environment.

I think cleaning dry keif from a cloth bag would be a bitch, so having just the mesh and this would make collection easier. All that cloth from the bags seems to get in the way.

Gweedo

PICK YOUR OWN
Hell yeah man, the bubble bags are on the way and I was thinking up a contraption to just do like you said only use the bottom of the bags, I'm not working a ton of material so I went with the 1 gals was only 14 bucks worst case I'll cannibalize and rig frames for each one, dropped a nice chunk of that kief into my quartz rig this morning, lol wake and bake went straight to deep fried in about 20 seconds, no complaints here res changing time 🔥🔥🔥💪💪💪

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Hell yeah man, the bubble bags are on the way and I was thinking up a contraption to just do like you said only use the bottom of the bags, I'm not working a ton of material so I went with the 1 gals was only 14 bucks worst case I'll cannibalize and rig frames for each one, dropped a nice chunk of that kief into my quartz rig this morning, lol wake and bake went straight to deep fried in about 20 seconds, no complaints here res changing time 🔥🔥🔥💪💪💪
Definitely. I am thinking about this for purifying/sorting already claimed keif, not production from the beginning. This would be a nice harvest right?
IMG_5380.JPG
It is just the biggest limb ;) Had to give the old fingers a break after 3 limbs, haven't weighed the smaller ones yet. STOKED!

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
How do you get the kief to go black on the outside? How do you keep it long enough to age it (i have to make a lot more :D lol)

Mine looks like this...i could have seperated it but its pretty damned strong as is...works for me.
this is 2 varieties. The small piece is Wedding Dub....wow! I probably smoked 2 grams since i made it....mmmmm...

Volcano is coming tomorrow or friday...i am smoking this in that thing...i had to add a grinder or a cleaning kit..new grinder it is.

34 grams of kief cakes.
I am going to decarb one of those 14 gram hunks in the ardent silicone sleeve...lets see what happens :D
I bet i can make a stronger gummy....one that scares even me....:D lets see.

The grape gonzo gummies i just made..wow...the first infusion was ok strong but it was the trim and stuff from the kief press...so i put the infused oil and ran it a 2nd time with another z of that stuff and made gummies from that...they smell bad...taste meh but wow are they STRONG.

20200212_184240.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

lakegrow

PICK YOUR OWN
sometime watch a couple of frenchy cannoli you tube video's, he take a clear wine bottle with almost boiling water and rolls the hash out much like you would dough turning and folding. When done the hash is decarboxylated and black as sin, looks much like haf's but glistens from the melts trichs.

lakegrow

PICK YOUR OWN
I was also surprised when making bubble he only runs the washing machine for 2 to 3 minutes max. Hell I put it on max for 10 minutes the short time keeps the plant material out better.