Hash

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Loved the Frenchy videos, and he mentions the decarb being important. I would love to get his impression on using it for hash.

Last video, where he's pressing it, heat and pressure to bust the resin glands. THAT is what separates keif from hash (and the aging).

I did about 5g at a time after decarb and used a rolling pin to flatten it between two silicone mats. Get bigger ones than the 4x5. The 9-10" round ones are great. Rolled it to about 1/8" thickness, folded back into a wad, rolled it flat again. Took about a half hour of doing this before it got good and gummy.
IMG_5749.JPG
When it starts sticking to the mats try rolling it in gloved hands to see if it will form that "mother ball" with a little sheen to it, or if it stays dull. If it's dull, keep working.

Reactions: GCG

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
i will check that out...the half gram of decarbed kief....i like that a lot. It tastes a lot better than buds.

And its going to be a great day!

Reactions: GCG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
i will check that out...the half gram of decarbed kief....i like that a lot. It tastes a lot better than buds.

And its going to be a great day!
I have some bud in the freezer - which is a first for me - and I dropped 3 of @SCJedi 's hashplant cross regs (instead of my roulette thingy) to make sure I get a girl or three.

I also have @J.James breeding some secret fire hashplants that I get to run! I love smoking my flowers, but now that I think I figured out semi-real hash I am going to give that an honest effort too.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I will research some things....a rolling pin that i can heat up.....silicone mats.

I think im going to make a bunch of hash next week... And running it without that bag in the washer....i might have to try that.

I am going to make a better system. Frenchy showed me a lot of GREAT hacks. I am making all of them.

I love hash. It is my favorite.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
I will research some things....a rolling pin that i can heat up.....silicone mats.

I think im going to make a bunch of hash next week... And running it without that bag in the washer....i might have to try that.

I am going to make a better system. Frenchy showed me a lot of GREAT hacks. I am making all of them.

tupperware has a rolling pin that you can fill with hot or cold water.

lakegrow

PICK YOUR OWN

I believe I have seen frenchy using turkey roasting bags the same kind as you use on your vaporizer. He cuts to size needed and rolls the hash in the bag folded over. You will see him ripping the bag loose seems to not stick much.

This guy travels the world giving hash seminars not a bad way to make a living

J.James

Seed Slingin' Outlaw
Breeder

I am working on a high resin chem strain for hash. I would be honored if you would be willing to grow it out and test it.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I would love to J.James !

I got 2 silicone cookie sheet mats (one side smooth) on sale for 5 bucks each
And a Tfal teflon rolling pin...i think i can heat that with boiling water dry it off and press some hash....i might have to give it a go.

For the record decarbed hash....great to eat...nice high...my THC estimates are bang on based on the effect of 250MG of thc (1/2 gram of decarbed hash).
It tastes weird and is not as nice a high as regular hash (not decarbed in the ardent).

But i wanted half for edibles :D so it is a worthwhile test.

J.James

Seed Slingin' Outlaw
Breeder
I will be able to make room. I am harvesting a lot in the next 7 to 10 days
My little Hashplant project should be done the end of march and I will ship them out after germination testing is complete. I'll let you know a more exact date as I get closer to completing the project. I know how hard it can be to add a plant or two into ones cycle so I like to ask early so people have time to plan it out.

Mr Blamo

Old Timer
I love the hash but im behind on making lol
Still have 7 g or so...so not in a hurry
I use bags....
But if im doing lots I stir up in a work bucket in batches and pour into the pails with my bags.
I use a strainer to pour into the bags.. In the end when im done I pour all the mj into the bags and leave overnight to grab all I can. Long process but in the end I have lots of hash.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I am intrigued and excited to apply the new knowledge i have acquired to a run of hash. Soaking the product first...less ice but cold. shorter runs....without the 220 bag in the machine.

:)

I will go get a gallon or 2 of isporyl to clean all my gear well. Time to stop screwing around and really make some hash. I will start saving some herb to do a big run or 2.

And i will farm some RO ice for the next week or two so i have a lot. RO water and ice do make a much cleaner tasting hash than the shit water we get from the tap!

So the volcano gets it done....wow i love it. loaded with hash 2 bags...i can barely think but this shall pass.

20200214_132157.jpg

Last edited:

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I decided to use my proper kief screens and press out some hash. And i pressed it in my hand in parchment paper and it melted together....Now I know that means its good.

And it is good.

Welchie Hash...It has a skunky funky hash taste with the slightest of fruit..SAF...just how i like it.
I am hashing up all my old seedy buds...

I squeeze it in my hands until it was a cube (in the parchment).

i will try it in the volcano later but i had to put the bong down and tap out on a half gram and thats pretty decent :D

A very tasty quarter....kief hash is fast. And its WAY easier if the buds are froze.
20200214_194251.jpg
20200214_194242.jpg

Primo bozo

Big veiny dick
I'm about to pick up some bags from Amazon, and was wondering if you guys had any suggestions for tools or anything that I might kick myself for not having? Might as well get it all in one order lol.
If you don't already have one, save yourself a lot of headaches and pick up a portable washing machine. This is the one I have, and I haven't had any problems with it yet. (Over a year and a half) I do 2 runs at 5 minutes and get the best hash I've ever seen. I run it a few more times, but I usually press everything after the first 2 runs. Screenshot_20200225-010643.png