Hash

Rosinallday

Insane Grower
Could be the pic, it's white to amber, but there is some green. No freezing, just trimmed off dry plants that were manicured.

When I make budder the veg settles to the bottom. I don't separate it, but there's not that much. It decarbs with the rest.
Think I'm gonna try this method and see if it comes out more terpy than bubble. Appreciate the feedback.

H.A.F.

"Happy Wanderer"
Site Supporter
Think I'm gonna try this method and see if it comes out more terpy than bubble. Appreciate the feedback.
I keep the stuff separated instead of it going to one big jar because you can actually smell the difference. I have tried making the budder in strain specific batches too. I eventually want to see if there's a noticeable difference or if I'm wasting my time, but I stay pretty medicated. I have lots of unimportant plans that never come to fruition :)

Soooo, you can definitely taste the difference between strains of keif when you smoke it πŸ˜™ πŸ‘Œ πŸ’¨
Decarbing kills all that - but something as simple as having sativa-high budder and couch-lock budder as options would be pretty cool. Even better if you could get any other strain specific effects. I do know that some of the indica leaners will hit you with dry mouth as they kick in. more so than other strains.

H.A.F.

"Happy Wanderer"
Site Supporter
Hash guys - I still have those jars of keif sitting around and have enough edible stuff to last a while.

I plan to re-sift it to get the pure, but then what? How do you "make" your hash? How do you smoke it? Just wanting to see if I can improve the process :)

Rosinallday

Insane Grower
Hash guys - I still have those jars of keif sitting around and have enough edible stuff to last a while.

I plan to re-sift it to get the pure, but then what? How do you "make" your hash? How do you smoke it? Just wanting to see if I can improve the process :)
Press it out in 25 or 37 micron bags and dab away.

H.A.F.

"Happy Wanderer"
Site Supporter
-25 micron bag (low to medium quality trichomes)

-45 micron bag (medium quality trichomes)

-73 micron bag (high quality trichomes)

-90 micron bag (typically the best quality trichomes)

-120 micron bag (high quality trichomes)

-160 micron bag (low quality trichomes)

-190 micron bag (often debris being filtered out)

-220 micron bag (often debris being filtered out)
I am planning on making sift screens out of my bubble bags. I wanted to know how you interpreted the list above.
For the 90 micron bag "best stuff", is this what has sifted through the 120m bag and is caught on the 90m? Or the stuff that sifts through the 90m?

Rosinallday

Insane Grower
I am planning on making sift screens out of my bubble bags. I wanted to know how you interpreted the list above.
For the 90 micron bag "best stuff", is this what has sifted through the 120m bag and is caught on the 90m? Or the stuff that sifts through the 90m?
Thought 79 was the pure stuff. Gotta be what falls through right?

stiickygreen

Passing to the Left
Site Supporter
Your first take is correct. The 90 bag catches everything above 90.....and if the next bag is a 73....the 73 catches everything from 73 to 90.

H.A.F.

"Happy Wanderer"
Site Supporter
Something stackable with a different screen on each level, that vibrates, and each one would have to fit pretty snug together with a lid on top to prevent pollenating your carpet with keif :)
The 120m (what my stainless screen is) could really be the first screen, maybe one bigger. Then just a catch plate after the 43m for everything that falls through.
Bored retired guys... I'll end up rigging something up.

Gweedo

Grow God
Man I can't believe I've been missing out on this sifted kief my whole stoner career, I've always enjoyed hash when I could get it but this fresh sift I made is fire, totally unrefined and maybe 200 micron, whatever a mesh paint strainer is πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ still kicks like a donkey in the bong. So I ordered a set of 1 gal bubble bags just for sifting and was thinking about this as well, any thoughts are appreciated
Screenshot_20200118-234901.png

And can I turn this into something better or more stable without pressin, I only got the wife's straightener lol
Screenshot_20200118-234901.png
20200117_155209.jpg
20200117_155201.jpg

gwheels

Elite Hobbyist and Cannabis QC Tester
Site Supporter
You just need to break into the wifes top drawer and get the hitachi magic wand...back massager..yeah sure....its a kief shaker for goodness sakes.

:)

Those round kief things look pretty good. I paid quite a bit more for mine but i think they are going to be pretty nice quality.

And kief IS the easiest way to get concentrate.

I have a bunch of trim coming up by the end of the first week in Feb it will fill my little freezer. So i see hash runs on the horizon.

And trim hash is as good as every other hash. It was going in the green bin anyway and its like hash that costs 4 bags of ice.

Last edited:

Rosinallday

Insane Grower
Man I can't believe I've been missing out on this sifted kief my whole stoner career, I've always enjoyed hash when I could get it but this fresh sift I made is fire, totally unrefined and maybe 200 micron, whatever a mesh paint strainer is πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ still kicks like a donkey in the bong. So I ordered a set of 1 gal bubble bags just for sifting and was thinking about this as well, any thoughts are appreciated
View attachment 43068
And can I turn this into something better or more stable without pressin, I only got the wife's straightener lol
View attachment 43068View attachment 43069View attachment 43070
Those are pretty small you need room to work the kief through. There is a link in the dry sieve page to a screen printing place that seems reasonable.

H.A.F.

"Happy Wanderer"
Site Supporter
View attachment 43068
I have these already, from a completely different project, but the screens are big. I have 4 which is why I was trying to sort which bubble-bag sizes would be best to use. I am just thinking a big rubber band to hold the mesh in place over the bottom.
IMG_5379.JPG

It might be better to just run one size at a time and rig a shaker for one of these (5gal bucket-size) that is a sealed environment.

I think cleaning dry keif from a cloth bag would be a bitch, so having just the mesh and this would make collection easier. All that cloth from the bags seems to get in the way.

Gweedo

Grow God
Hell yeah man, the bubble bags are on the way and I was thinking up a contraption to just do like you said only use the bottom of the bags, I'm not working a ton of material so I went with the 1 gals was only 14 bucks worst case I'll cannibalize and rig frames for each one, dropped a nice chunk of that kief into my quartz rig this morning, lol wake and bake went straight to deep fried in about 20 seconds, no complaints here res changing time πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ

H.A.F.

"Happy Wanderer"
Site Supporter
Hell yeah man, the bubble bags are on the way and I was thinking up a contraption to just do like you said only use the bottom of the bags, I'm not working a ton of material so I went with the 1 gals was only 14 bucks worst case I'll cannibalize and rig frames for each one, dropped a nice chunk of that kief into my quartz rig this morning, lol wake and bake went straight to deep fried in about 20 seconds, no complaints here res changing time πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ
Definitely. I am thinking about this for purifying/sorting already claimed keif, not production from the beginning. This would be a nice harvest right?
IMG_5380.JPG

It is just the biggest limb ;) Had to give the old fingers a break after 3 limbs, haven't weighed the smaller ones yet. STOKED!