Gummy Recipe....the final (i think)

GeneralSmokeUppington

Go Fuck Yourself Loser!
So I think I cooked too much water out of the mix? I had some clumping of the gelatin. Till I got the clumps out I probably should have added a little water.

They’re very chewy and a good bit of the oil seeped out as they dried.

They’re good though. I ate 2 squares on top of my usual 24/7 buzz and I was snoozing shortly there after 👍🏻

@gwheels I wonder if the stores even have jello on the shelves 😂

Attachments

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
If you bloom that gelatin....leave it soaking in the oil and water about 10 to 15 minutes it will bloom (absorb into the fluid).

Then those clumps go away. Someone posted that on one of the edible forums and it really works.

GeneralSmokeUppington

Go Fuck Yourself Loser!
I’m guessing I’d need to remove them from the fridge for that to work?

The oil on top is very creamy and tasty.
You can see the layers in this pic.
9C2991D9-95DB-402B-B1FC-405AD0EDD9B3.jpeg

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I use jello brand. i think its more that than anything else.

with 1 pack jello and 2 packs of gelatin 4 oz (120ml) is sometimes too much fat and it comes out of the jello suspension.

Jello holds it better than no name fruit flavored cheapjello.

Nugz

I made it easier to read and understand. Made these tonight
I spent a bit perfecting it but it is pretty damn good.

It checks off the boxes:
1: No need to refrigerate
2: Is solid and not sticky
3: Lasts for weeks
4: Tastes good
5: Strength can be adjusted
6: Good for THC and or CBD infusion
7: Easy to make without special equipment

Just thought I would share. It is hard to find a full proof recipe that is easy. I like to be able to follow exactly and it work. lol

Attachments

BillyMilligan

Director of Quality
I like this one a lot too. And i add my sunflower lethicin during infusion...the oil is ready to go.

1/2 cup (120 ml) of water and coconut oil. you can use juice (purple frutopia is very nice).
2 tablespoons of gelatin or 2 packs
1 pack of jello.
put all of that in your saucepan and leave it...proof it. in 10 minutes or so the gelatin is melted into the liquid. This step prevents hard bits from the bulk barn gelatin. bulk gelatin saves A LOT but you can not get fruit flavors.

bring to a boil and simmer 2 minutes and then fill your molds.

The addition if 1 tsp of corn syrup to the whole thing makes a nicer textured gummy but is not necessary.

They will firm up in about 1 hour if you have a cool spot. Repeat Repeat Repeat :D

Keep in fridge and you can freeze them. Dont forget the warning labels on the package MEDICINE DO NOT EAT or something.

That recipe makes about 60 fat gummies each containing 2ml of the coconut oil.

120 ml of oil with 15 grams of 20% bud would be about 40mg per gummy
25% bud would be 50mg per gummy (Based on the extraction ratio of 85% using an Ardent with a suitable high saturated fat)
Hey I was an idiot and bought the lecithin powder. How do you think I’d do it with oil? Do I really need the lecithin? Can’t I just infuse the coconut oil with my oil? Banana kush and raspberry jello this time.

Nugz

Hey I was an idiot and bought the lecithin powder. How do you think I’d do it with oil? Do I really need the lecithin? Can’t I just infuse the coconut oil with my oil? Banana kush and raspberry jello this time.
The powder will be fine mixed into the oil when heated. It is necessary as an emulsifier to mix the oil and water together. I have not made this recipe though, only the one I posted

wierdly

Fungas Gnat
I still havent made mine maybe this weekend. finally got my molds and my son made Kratom gummies...:sick: I dont know about that stuff but it seems sketchy.

Bruno8437

Super Active Member
It is a bitch to mix sometimes with the powder. I squish it between my fingers into the mixture.

You can make them without it. But it is an emulsifier and it helps with digestion and liver function. But you will get baked without it :D
The trick with the powdered lecithin is that you have to add it to the water phase and let it sit for at least and hour to dissolve. Mixing doesn't seem to make it dissolve any faster.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
It is WAY better if you add the powdered lecithin when you make the oil...then you dont have to mix it in the jello.

I dont mind a bit of grit...because its organic

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Today i will make a bunch of gummy candy. The citric acid adds such a wonderful sour punch and it is mold inhibiting (acidic environment).

I checked on the goverment store today...a 10mg edible is 8 dollars. ROFL

OMG i understand why my stoner friends cover my costs for a sack of gummies.

but there are stoner gummies and there are lightweight gummies (those are at the gov store)

40 bucks for 1 gram of bubble...i have to make more bubble just to screw the man.

I just pulled the trigger on the Ardent FX...they gave me a good discount and i ran that little purple bastard 8 times yesterday...i think thats one or 2 times in the FX. I will wait until i get it and then do a QP at once and see how it goes.

Last edited:

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I made it easier to read and understand. Made these tonight
I spent a bit perfecting it but it is pretty damn good.

It checks off the boxes:
1: No need to refrigerate
2: Is solid and not sticky
3: Lasts for weeks
4: Tastes good
5: Strength can be adjusted
6: Good for THC and or CBD infusion
7: Easy to make without special equipment

Just thought I would share. It is hard to find a full proof recipe that is easy. I like to be able to follow exactly and it work. lol
I have been tweaking this recipe. They taste awesome and have a great shelf life.

Today it is peach punchout. I used the Ardent FX and made 2 cups of oil with a QP. wow its strong.

I added 5 grams of decarbbed hash to see if a tiny gummy can mule kick me :D

I will post pics later.

I made 30 big ones 30 medium and whatever the mold makes in smaller ones.
double batch. worked like a champ.

The oil didnt need hash. Its pretty rough. Glad i didnt have a tablespoon :D lol. Just about right.

the new machine enables me WAY stronger coconut oil infusion. I was no where near ceiling before. I have to be getting close now.

Last edited:

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Is there a limit on how much weed you can use per cup of oil? I'd like to up my oil strength and it looks like adding more material is how.
Do you strain the plant material or leave it?