Grow room ran by generator

m4s73r

The Laziest
I dont have any kind of battery back up on mine. If you live out in the middle of no where then get that battery backup. In a city you would only need one that would last a few hours. We are thinking about adding one to our house for 6 hours of use.

Wick

View attachment 114740View attachment 114741
Here is what I figure I would need for batteries
Get ready to replace those batteries about every 5 years.
I am a General certified liquid and air cooled generators...I install and service General generators from 22kvw on up.
I have a 24kvw generator with two 200a transfer switches for my 400a service. It runs on Natural gas.

m4s73r

The Laziest
I am a General certified liquid and air cooled generators...I install and service General generators from 22kvw on up.
I have a 24kvw generator with two 200a transfer switches for my 400a service. It runs on Natural gas.
5 years if your lucky. Most manufactures say 3 years.

D

Deleted member 2835

How much do you pay a month for the gas?

m4s73r

The Laziest
A lot of people never factor in the battery replacement costs.
This is why I dont have one right now. Generac powercell is 10k before install. Thats 10k every 3 years. Not cost effective. But its getting cheaper and cheaper every year. Expect to start seeing legislation in different states being pushed by the utility companies restricting how much solar you're allowed to have as a private citizens.

Wick

How much do you pay a month for the gas?
Well, when I had the Natural gas installed. I had a gas stove, furnace, dryer, water heater that I installed, and then I did the generator. My generator has been on there two years but replaced a 22kvw to the new 24kvw.
It has never been needed as of yet. I never lose power. The unit itself is set to run about 15 minutes a week for exercise (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!) So it really costs me nothing. It would be less then propane gasoline or diesel kerosene etc.

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
Well, when I had the Natural gas installed. I had a gas stove, furnace, dryer, water heater that I installed, and then I did the generator. My generator has been on there two years but replaced a 22kvw to the new 24kvw.
It has never been needed as of yet. I never lose power. The unit itself is set to run about 15 minutes a week for exercise (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!) So it really costs me nothing. It would be less then propane gasoline or diesel kerosene etc.
You sound like the one to ask about 30kW primary gensets? I'd run it on natural gas.

Wick

I'm looking for a 30kW primary unit that I can do this with. On natural gas. Where do I look?
GENERAC!!! why a 30kvw and not a 24kvw. Two 24kvws even would be cheaper than a 30kvw because of the process of custom building vs line production. In any event, you order today, perhaps by next year you can get the 24s. Order today and maybe14-16 months you'll get your 30kvw. That is basically how it is right now.
Ask me any question though that you have.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
GENERAC!!! why a 30kvw and not a 24kvw. Two 24kvws even would be cheaper than a 30kvw because of the process of custom building vs line production. In any event, you order today, perhaps by next year you can get the 24s. Order today and maybe14-16 months you'll get your 30kvw. That is basically how it is right now.
Ask me any question though that you have.
only thing i have seen lately is the magnetic type ,need someone else to get one sized to a grow,