Grow Journal (novice) first grow

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
For cropping in late flower i only do that if they are going into the lights. they look great.

The par reader will really help you to know the distance you want to keep the light from the tops. I only crop them if they are within inches of the light. Sometimes they grow past the light so i bend them.

You have room and they will grow bigger now without stress (of cropping)

The drip emitters in a circle. Once you get water flowing through them your media wont move and they shouldnt clog. Just get a pen or something and make indents for the nozzles so they are packed down.

That is the same idea as a turbo cloner except it uses an oversized water pump to mist through the emitters.

PokerJay1983

Really Active Member
For cropping in late flower i only do that if they are going into the lights. they look great.

The par reader will really help you to know the distance you want to keep the light from the tops. I only crop them if they are within inches of the light. Sometimes they grow past the light so i bend them.

You have room and they will grow bigger now without stress (of cropping)

The drip emitters in a circle. Once you get water flowing through them your media wont move and they shouldnt clog. Just get a pen or something and make indents for the nozzles so they are packed down.

That is the same idea as a turbo cloner except it uses an oversized water pump to mist through the emitters.
Ty. Right now my lights at 12 inches above and I won’t bother super cropping. I could still raise the lights 2 feet if needed. Going to setup a contraption today and have yo-yos hold the buds as they are getting heavy and starting to sag. Will post pics later.

also boiled half a bag of fan leafs and trim into some celestial tea and I have a nice buzz. Cheers.

PokerJay1983

Really Active Member
Sorry,
I meant positioning the cola closer together. Grouping them tighter to the centre. Using survey tape or soft plant-wire to lasso them, bunch them in, get them all right under the light.
PAR metres are wicked fun to play with.
Make notes !
I did this btw. Main colas are closer in and par meter readings all above 1,000 on the snow lotus. About 700-800 on blurple. Just used some yo-yos and dowel rods

PokerJay1983

Really Active Member
Whoa Man, don’t cut the tops in flower. Just let em go and keep feeding them.
im saying after 8 weeks of flower if the hairs have changed color I’d like to have some of those tops to be more of a sativa dominate high; meanwhile I have an entire lower ceiling (foot lower) that could use a light drop and another week or so of flower? Is this the wrong approach? This is the way I see it in my head.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
L
im saying after 8 weeks of flower if the hairs have changed color I’d like to have some of those tops to be more of a sativa dominate high; meanwhile I have an entire lower ceiling (foot lower) that could use a light drop and another week or so of flower? Is this the wrong approach? This is the way I see it in my head.
A lot of folks do it that way. @Old ST1R may have misunderstood what you were saying. Those early racy buds don't do a thing for me but to each his own. If i was running low i would be in there chopping as well.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
A lot of folks do it that way. @Old ST1R may have misunderstood what you were saying. Those early racy buds don't do a thing for me but to each his own. If i was running low i would be in there chopping as well.

I did misunderstand.

I have never harvested parts of plants separately in my extensive experience of 1.75 grows (LOL), but I have seen others do it.

Rather than go by the color of the hairs, I would invest in a loupe to determine the ripeness of the trichomes. You would want the trichomes to be on the clear side for the “Sativa” high, and more amber for the “Indica” high.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
I did misunderstand.

I have never harvested parts of plants separately in my extensive experience of 1.75 grows (LOL), but I have seen others do it.

Rather than go by the color of the hairs, I would invest in a loupe to determine the ripeness of the trichomes. You would want the trichomes to be on the clear side for the “Sativa” high, and more amber for the “Indica” high.
Sure is a lot easier to check them out these days with the new scopes that hook to your phone or laptop. They are also just as cheap as old one's were. I wonder how many thousands of those 420 scopes they sold and still are selling? They were a pain in the ass.lol

Jewels

Bon~Fire
Ever docked a ship ?
Coast in flat, dead stop, right before intended destination ?
This ain't like that. 😆

On my very first grow I made the mistake of trying to coast to a stop. In my ignorance I figured they would be done done done in 8 weeks. At 7 weeks, I addressed them, and told them they were done.
I mostly stopped watering, and justed watched them die for a while. To my dismay, the trich's did not decay as the plant did. After 8 weeks, I dropped the clutch and jumpstarts again. Now this plant is all Boss , perks up and starts throwing white hair all over . I ended up taking them @ 12 weeks, and they still only showed cloud.
Stunning plants - no potency.

Jesse's advice is deep - "keeping them happy"
Business as usual, run them right off the cliff.
Keep them flying. If they are alive they are growing.
There are feeding strategies and products on the market for the end game. Changing nute ratios, changing temps, humidity, ph, light cycles, light frequency,,,Hell, I been known to slappy-go-snappy.
Yet,,,
Only the trich knows when they are done, all you have to do is ask.
You will still have a week or two, after seeing amber; save your best finishing move until then.

Keep lifting the pots, I have seen plants drink periodically/sporadically (not drink for a day or more, then start again) late late in the game.

This is more of a bedtime story than a scientific discourse,
back to point,
the longer they grow the bigger they will get.
And yours are going to be monsters.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Let it go the right time. The sativa type high is great and all but you need to let them go until they are mostly milky or the high is not nearly as good.
If you can wait until you see an amber show up....that is the peak of THC.

A lot of amber is nice for sleep aids. But do not rush it now. Week 8 to 10 is where you really screw yourself for yield and strength. And it took a long time to get there.

Be patient...you will be rewarded. 100% for sure.