Grow Journal (novice) first grow

PokerJay1983

Really Active Member
I like bedtime stories. Lol.
I really love bedtime bowls though. Lmfao.
I really like your philosophical discourse @Jewels
Your posts have gems of info and humor mixed. 😉
@PokerJay1983 get a scope and let that be your helper, look at those trich's. And just keep on doin what you have, they're all happy n stuff.
Get a smoke stash put away so you've got a good supply, and on the next run add a few p n k boosts and see how that goes for ya.
But for now I'd just keep on keeping on with what you've been doing.
I fuck plants off a fair bit, and it's usually when I decide to change up what I know works for me. Lmfao.
I don't, in general, go changing things and possibly fucking things up unless I have the stash put away to be able to skip a crop if shit goes south.
BDFEBA09-4ADA-42F2-957B-79E419E7A2E1.jpeg

Jewels

Bon~Fire
Probly last thing you wanna hear,,,will be a few weeks- @ least
Do you have a way to magnify a trich head ?
A calendar will only show you how long they have been growing. Only amber trichs can tell you when they are done. Forget about the calendar, they are getting bigger everyday. Is good.
Jesse' Post #225 is the way to go.
After about 90 % of the hair dries (no longer white) up, the calyx will swell and swell and swallow the hairs right up.
They will look near dead by the time they are ready. 20200108_023249.jpg
20200107_110054.jpg
Check out the photo of the month @ the bottom of this page- no hair on that thing.

curious2garden

Really Active Member
Can't really see the trichomes. Usually you need a handheld microscope to see them. From the picture in post #234 she looks like she has another 2 weeks of bulking left.

In the picture below (that's my Pre98 Bubba Kush), you can see 2 amber trichomes mostly cloudy and a few clear. If I take her at this point there's more of a head rush than body effect. I usually wait on her until a good 30% of the Trichomes are amber.

At this point you start taking a nug, quick drying it and smoking. It will smoke and taste like shit but the high profile is what you are looking at. If it's where you want chop it, dry and cure. If it's not try another nug in a week. Make sure you get a good view of your trichomes before each sample so you know what it looks like when you like it.

bk-331.jpg

Last edited: